Can't Wait to Get Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't started yet. I'm waiting for my sups, appt. with psychiatrist for Topa and CD's to come in. So last night I was congratulating myself because I had ONE beer with our pizza. I woke up at 5:00A.M. feeling on top of the world. But tonight I've had an entire bottle of wine plus. Tomorrow's my birthday and I wanted to feel good. Booked myself a facial. But now I'll feel like crap.
    I'm SO hooked on this stuff (chardonnay). I wonder if I'll ever truly lick this. What is it about our brains that can't stop once we start? Are we "drinkers" super sensitive? I noticed from these boards that we get bored so easily. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be able to just relax and let go. I don't want to live this way but I can't stop. I'm putting so much hope in this program - once I truly get going. But I'm scared too.
    Em

Oh Em!

We're all scared! Or we've been scared! Some people have started this program and have taken off and soared. Others have had a few bumps on the road. I'm one of the ones with a few bumps. I'm going to start a period of abs again soon. It just feels like our wine is like an old friend, and it feels like we won't be able to live without it. But the truth is that you can. It IS boring sometimes....but you will only learn to cope with being bored and learn to entertain yourself when you don't drink. Also, it takes more than just one night (at least for me) to REALLY start to feel good about yourself without alcohol. I just don't trust myself after one day!

Although you have to take it one day at a time initially, I have also found that it is helpful to imagine yourself a little further down the road as well, living a life that is alcohol free (or with much less alcohol in it! ) and having fun. You will figure out how to live that life as you go along. Stay close to the boards and ask for help as much as you need. We will all be there for you!

Good luck and welcome to MWO, Em!

Hugs,:d
    Kathy

Comment

Working...
    X