Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI Pauly and Open,

Enzos Mom posted this today

here is a link to a meditation in gratitude…..I just finished meditating with it. Love it!!

I tried it, and felt the most amazing calmness and happiness. I have not done meditation before this, but I feel this could be a real help for stopping that inner chatter and helping you to sleep.

This is an Ophra site, and most of these are for sale...but there are a few free samples like this one.

Hope this helps you if you choose to try it.

BeachGirly

Comment

Hello all. Sorry been MiA. Daughters birthday festivities, friends visiting from the other side of the country and another friend going into labour- albeit slowly - so I landed a third child! Too that with house hunting - been busy

I hve been enjoying a few glasses of bubbly with visiting friends for my daughters birthday and seeing them all again 😳

I wish I was stronger. Not going to dwell in it and back on today.

Glad I need to come here and it guilts me into being on track. Stacked up over a week before the weekend festivities hit so I know I can do this.

OH 2 months. Well done!!!!!

Comment

Hey all, took some valerian last nite, it sucked!Got less sleep than usual did manage a short walk through the neighborhood, figured I was up anyways may as well do something useful, posted I the abs thread about these 20 something's just getting home from the club at 6:30 trying to get their drunk friend out of the backseat and for some reason I started crying he just was totally wasted and I guess it kinda scared me or something, nothing much planned for today, dash through the grocery store, tbh I still feel a little sick,so I think we'll just hang out at home, hope everyone has a good Sunday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Howdy all! Sunday mornings with a clear mind, does it get any better than this! Of course it does, I get to enjoy it again tomorrow!! A big hi to mama bear and Pav, hope you stop in more often to our little group of quitters.

Liz, hope the kitchen reno's are going smoothly, sounds like it won't be much longer till you can enjoy your new kitchen! Will the new backsplash cover up wall damage or are you giving the room a fresh coat of paint as well? I'll bet you enjoyed the time with your daughter after picking her up, I always enjoy the excitement in my kids voices as they tell me all about their latest adventures!

Ginger, you and your hubby amaze me, an 8 mile hike? Egads, walking 8 blocks is more than enough for me! I know you guys are RV'ers, just how many of the states have you travelled to? It's great to hear your adventures and how you manage them all without feeling the need for a drink or two to wind down the day! A lesson there for all of us!

BG, I've never tried meditation, I use daily prayer to relax me. Lately, I haven't found myself getting all wound up, try to stop it before the squirrel gets the cage going to fast.

Chief, looking forward to your next post, would love to see a pic of your coach!

Pauly, you sound like me, too much work and no time for play lol. That in itself can be a reason for poor sleep. We all need time in the evening for ourselves, let our brains wind down and not keep telling us that there is too much going on for sleep. I used to use the first hour after getting into bed to plan out the next day, thought It was a great time to think things through. All it did was fill my head with more questions. Now, after getting into bed, I read for about a half hour and clear my mind, then have a peaceful 8 hours of sleep, except for the mid-night bathroom break, it sucks getting old lol

halo, great to hear you had a fun night without AL! Events like those just keep reminding us that we don't need to drink to have fun! And you're right, there is no fun leaving the party at 2 or 3am, looking at a huge hangover in the morning! A big hug for you!

Ori, nice to see you checking in. I used to watch Criminal Minds religiously, now, if I even turn the tv on, it's usually Discovery, National Geographic, A&E, History, or sports of course. I think my fascination with Criminal Minds is one of the reasons our youngest daughter did her Master's in Forensic Psychology lol

crocketta, hope to see more of you here, it is a great place with a great group of people!

SS, where are you hiding? This is your thread after all, and all of us here thank you for it! :hug:

Min, any specific reason for the glasses of bubbly? There seem to be so many reasons/excuses to have one or two, we just need to convince ourselves that none of them are important enough to give up on our quit. Good to see you right back and on a fresh, new start!

Wow, just might be the longest post I've done! Go figure, for a guy that thinks he doesn't have much to say lol. As I was typing this, I remembered a poem that I read a long, long time ago.... I think it really suits our group.... have a great one my friends, remember, never quit on your quit!

Don't Quit

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
          When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
          When the funds are low and the debts are high
          And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
          When care is pressing you down a bit,
          Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
          Life is queer with its twists and turns,
          As every one of us sometimes learns,
          And many a failure turns about
          When he might have won had he stuck it out;
          Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
          You may succeed with another blow,
          Success is failure turned inside out--
          The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
          And you never can tell how close you are,
          It may be near when it seems so far;
          So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
          It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

- Edgar A. Guest

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm addicted to Criminal Minds, sometimes it's depressing though cuz you say" hey it's just a show" but reality is that stuff happens every day, every where

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I can only watch so much Criminal Minds before it starts to still my joy. :/

I have a friend down here that I met a few years ago. We got together today for some retail therapy. All these years I've never known her to drink AL. In fact in the past I was the one sipping my drinks alone around the campfire unless hubby was having something. Today she asked me to stop by her RV for a glass of wine. Out of the blue! She'd never asked me that before. A trigger I wasn't even expecting! I made some excuse and headed home. Just like that BAM it hits you. I guess we can never be too careful or let our guard down!

Hope everyone is having a good AF weekend. Protect your quit no matter what!

Comment

A pretty great Sunday for me! CJ and her bf joe came to church. Had a great time at lunch with the kids! My sister, her husband and kids came over this afternoon . A little too much diet coke for me, but at least more of the cabinets got cleaned.

Comment

Hey all!
                  Pauly- try yoga nidra too. It may help. Also readings works a treat for me. Nothing to do with work. Just fiction :-)

cowboy-good post and poem! Bubbly was just wind down after king day, friend over and celebrating diaghters birthday. As you said-'always a reason....
                  I need to get back on and do more than a week. Small targets. Lol

Lizann- sound like you're kitchen and kids keeping you busy :-)

Ginger- you did well to come home! I am proud of you!

oH- how are you.

Hello to everyone else I've not mentioned. I'm in the middle of a feed and haven't much time x
                  Last edited by MinStar; February 9, 2015, 01:56 AM.

Comment

MinStar, how old is your daughter now?

Comment

Cowboy, how nice of you to keep track of everyone here! Back splash is just to give it a new look. Fresh coat of paint is on the agenda too, as a matter of fact almost finished. I guess now is a good time to do it all, as. The weather is bad yet again! Very depressing.

Comment

Hey all, hope everyone had a good weekend, hubs and I were so tired yesterday so we didn't do much, it's weird that he has sleep problems too,same as me,fall asleep good but then up,tonight I'm gonna try an epsom salt bath see if it helps, Min,I have no patience for reading,even magazines I just look at the pictures, I bought a year subscription to"women's health" I've yet to read the first issue, hello to all, must go put my Monday face on

Comment

Pauly, I just read this article about sleep. It's probably stuff you already know but I found it a good reminder of all the things that can affect our precious sleep.

http://drhyman.com/blog/2015/02/05/f...-sleep-deeply/
                          Last edited by Ginger999; February 9, 2015, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Pauly- I guess books or looking at pics or a movie are all ways of winding down :-)

Lizann she is 4. ❤️❤️

Ok D1 done. Off to read and read.

Hope everyone is safe!

Comment

Thanks for the article Ginger Min, you definitely need energy to have those two babies, I'd die haha, still think I'm fighting off a cold, seems to come and go,plus it's windy and that just gets my allergies going,grrr

Comment

Where are you Pauly?

I hate cold and colds :-/. Could here my daughter coughing last night and think baby has a slight cough too. Lots of stuff flying around so I hope they don't get it. Last thing I need.

Any chance you can rest up Pauly?

Comment

Working...
                                X