Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello again all!

Welcome Annette! I hope this is the first day of your AF life. It's so hard once you relapse to get back on track! Look for lots of tools. Newbies best has tons. Start reading book on how to quit and those that fell into alcoholism. I also find keeping track of triggers- the shop on way home, the anger after husband calls to say he is going to pub, kids not settling down to sleep, hunger, tiredness etc. Then find ways you can tackle them with something other than AL. It's hard!

I'm sitting her listening to baby stirring and unsettled and I'm finding it hard not to go down and get a bottle in! It won't solve anything, I know, and tomorrow I will not thank myself for it!

I didn't get a chance to call the line for alcohol abuse the counselling caller gave me. He said I had a lot of stress triggers with anxiety and I could carry on with them or seek help specifically for my Al abuse. He didn't really know or push me to, but I felt the AL counselling was worth the try first. I will try and call them tomorrow- hard to find an hour with two kids! First is a phonecall and then I'll have to go to them. Not sure how that will pan out with kids but let's see!

Hope all are safe x

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
      I did a post last night, but I saved part of it for today... thank you SoberSoul for starting this thread, you've brought together a group of strangers who quickly became good friends!

SoberSoul on your "last" 1 month milestone!
      Wow, that was loud and clear !! Never having another 30 day milestone so I might as well make the best of it!! Feeling very happy!!
      "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hey all, SS,Cowboy doesn't mess around when he congratulates,that's why we love him so much sounds like everyone is doing good, have a good night
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Anette welcome to the thread! As you can see there are a lot of wonderful people here who are supportive and give great advice. I , like others here, finding posting and reading here daily a great way to keep AL at bay.
          I also made a list of all the horrible things I've done and the horrible ways I've felt due to AL, being completely honest with yourself and seeing it all on paper was enough for me to finally find a way to commit to being AF.
          Wishing you the very best on your path, we are always here for support :hug:

Comment

Okay Pauly, I haven't been able to give you a big ol' cowboy Congrats! Have you decided on a quit date (Jan 31st?), or maybe your birthday?? Or both??
            Last edited by abcowboy; February 11, 2015, 09:43 PM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Morning all (morning here anyway lol) just a quick check in to do something I very much enjoy doing...

on your 2 month milestone BeachGirly!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hey all, awesome on 2 monthsBG,Cowboy, I've had plenty of 30 days just kept them to myself, this time I posted my quit date,I'm too lazy to change it again so I better not drink haha,sleep is still elusive, I took an Advil pm at 1:30 this morning, now I feel groggy hope everyone has a good Thursday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks Cowboy - what a great way to start my day!!!

Comment

This was shared on another thread. It really struck a cord with me. Please take a moment to read it.
                    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6640198

Have a great AF day everyone! We aren't missing a thing but gaining everything.

Comment

Great article Ginger thanks so much for posting it, I love the idea of being in a mindset where you don't feel like you are giving anything up by putting AL behind you.

BeachyGirl, AWESOME two months. So proud of you :goodjob:. Some days it is a struggle but to persevere and get those 60 days in is inspiring.

Hope you are having a good Thursday Pauly, still having problems sleeping I see, that makes two of us. Gosh darn it!

Comment

That's a good article Ginger

Comment

Comment

Good job beachgirl!

Comment

Hey all, took a good walk this morning and hit my 10,000 steps by 6 a.m but I think sometimes when I over do it,I get anxiety, grr,was thinking on my walk about why I've slipped, anxiety, want to calm down and thinkdrinking will do it,makes it worse! Sadness, think I'd rather just be drunk than feel like that,just makes me sadderTiredness, ever slip and not even realize it?there's been times where I'm so tired I can't think straight, I've driven to the gas station bought beer,then looked at the can like WTF,where did this come from and what am Idoing?then there's been just plain old F-it days, I'm just writing this because I have to be on guard against these feelings, hope everyone is having a good day, its still early so I'll check back in a bit

Comment

Pauly, I believe with all my heart with enough time you'll get past all those feelings. Great that you walked even if it gave you loads of time to ponder. Sometimes we have to look at things from all angles. The weather there is so awesome right now!

We are headed home. Mom is in hospital for observation. She may have had a stroke. She has several risk factors so I won't be too surprised. Need to be close to sort this out. Through all this, I never even thought about drinking to make it go away. The longer you stay quit the easier it gets.

Stay close everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X