Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Ginger, I hope your mom is ok,big hugs to you
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ginger, sending your family love and support. It is so difficult when those we love are struggling with health and the difficulties that arise with getting older. Your mom is so lucky to have you. Very proud that even during stressful times, you don't think about coping with those feelings by having a drink. We can all only hope to all accomplish that mind state during our life time. Wishing everyone a great weekend. It is going to be -31 this weekend here, for those of you in warm weather PLEASE enjoy EVERY last minute for me.

Comment

Pauly sometimes it's so hard struggling with every emotion, feeling, and thought that goes through your mind. For a large part of my life, I drank to block and cope with all of them and now I have to face everything full on. It is definitely not easy. I find exercise really helps , but not enough to get me a full nights sleep yet!!!! Grrrrr. You are doing great , and remember we are here to help you when you feel like you are wavering.:hug:

Comment

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone! We made it to the Oregon/Idaho border. Staying in a truck stop. That's the beauty of a self-contained travel trailer...always have a house with you!

OH, I'm sure if this would have hit earlier in my quit I'd be telling a different story. I just want you all to know the more AF days you rack up the stronger you get. So please everyone stay close and stay strong. It's so nice to be in control as opposed to being controlled.

Take care.

Comment

HI everyone,

Ginger - you know my thoughts are with you and hubby. Mom will be happy to see you.

Pauly - it took me all day to hit my 10,000 steps. And I had to do my sons paper route to get them. Good for you heading out so early in the morning. Hopefully the fresh air and exercise make you tired by day end.

Dr Hyman has some good tips here to help with sleep. In fact his whole website has good info.
            YOU CAN LOSE WEIGHT without changing what you eat or doing one minute of exercise! It’s a bold claim. And don’t get me wrong: Nutrition and exercise are important! But […]

I was reading his site to try to go sugar free. He compares this to being addicted to AL. Interesting how it is similar, and the steps to change are similar. Unfortunately, I got into the Valentine candy - and will have to start again tomorrow. AL is fine, it is the darn sugar

Have a great weekend.

Comment

Good morning all. Here to confess I have been drinking again. Hubby is so worried about me. Why do I keep doing this. Like u said Pauly , why did I just go out and do this. My sister was here last night, she said they are all worried about me. Today is my daughters birthday and. Not even that can cheer me up. I have just let everyone down.

Comment

Howdy everyone! Woke up to about 4" of fresh snow and still snowing! Supposed to continue till sometime this afternoon! Going to need aabcq.gif to get around! Oh well, that's Feb/March in N.E. Alberta for you...

Ginger, sorry to hear about your mom, safe travels home to be with her! My thoughts and prayers are with you both!

Liz, thanks for being honest, and for coming back here, maybe a day such as your daughter's birthday and Valentine's Day is a good one to make as your last Day 1! And don't worry about us or anyone else, the most important person you've let down is yourself! Your family and friends may find it hard to understand this terrible addiction we have, and they worry as they don't know what they can do to help. But I'm sure they are there for you, willing to offer support any way they can, all of us here definitely are!

And to everyone here on the quitters thread, you've all become such good friends to me...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Morning all, just hit the road. Should be home by 3p today, if all goes well. Mom said the insurance company of the restaurant where she fell is pressuring her to settle. I'm so glad I'm headed home. I'm going to kick some corporate ass, if they mess with MY mama! Thanks all for your thoughts and prayers.

Liz, I ditto everything ABC just said. We need each other to get this done. We aren't giving up on you! Do you have a plan when the triggers pop up? Could you make a list of your triggers and then make a plan for each occasion. Having a plan in place is key to your success. I know you want this!!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Stay close and have a plan. ��

Comment

Happy Valentine's day everybody Liz,don't beat yourself up, sheesh we've all been there, why you drinking? Is something going on? I didn't even realize you were struggling, you never said anything, good gawd I freaking HATE working on Saturday! It gives me a pissy feeling, there's two girls I work with that act like they own the shop,and of course my favorite co-worker is off I'm left to my own devices, grrrrrrr,OH,I wanted to ask what your sleep schedule is like? Ginger, go kick some butt,hi Cowboy, SS,Beachy,Min,let's have a good day

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

A beautiful valentine's card to us all cowboy! I don't know how you do it, but it is certainly impressive and always makes me smile. :hug:

Lizann please do not beat yourself up, there is no benefit, figure out your stress triggers and when you feel like there is no other option but to drink, come here. We are here for you and will talk, and listen to you for as long as you need until the thought of having that drink is GONE. Remember it is a disease and doesn't define YOU. :heartbeat:

Ginger, cheering you on as you go kick some corporate butt. I will tell you, my girlfriend fell at a mall (they had washed the floor and no sign) and shattered, I mean shattered her knee cap. She was in the hospital for weeks, with surgeries and recovery that will last her a lifetime. They wanted her to settle, she refused, hired a lawyer and fought them, it took 4 years to finally get to court and reach a settlement. The wheels of justice moving at a snail's pace.

Pauly, I hated working weekends as well. Hang in there! I am still needing something to help me actually get to sleep, (I no longer take Nyquil) or else I toss and turn for HOURS. So even after a sleep aid, I wake up around 2 am or so, and toss and turn for a couple of hours, eventually I go back to sleep and then wake up at 6:30. I never used to have so much trouble sleeping. I tried meditation tapes, warm baths, cold showers, sleepy time tea, nothing is working. I guess I was so used to drinking and then passing out. This thank god is no longer an option for me. It is frustrating because I don't function well on minimal sleep.

Happy Valentine's Day Beachygirl, Minstar and everyone else. Haven't heard from Chief in awhile, he should be coming around soon! Big hugs everyone, remember we are in this together.
                      Last edited by open halo; February 14, 2015, 01:54 PM.

Comment

OH,sounds like my sleep to a T! I'm trying to put a positive spin on it by saying that my body is just coming back to life after all the drinking b.s,I slept so much while drinking, maybe my body is just enjoying being awake, it's frustrating though

Comment

Open, you know the stigma associated with this. My sister is relentless and wanting to get me help. I don't want to do AA, but she is literally angry and upset with me. Not really what I need right now. I am craving today, but I am being watched like a hawk. They won't let me leave the house alone. I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow. Thanks for being here guys.

Comment

Thanks guys, I really needed some encouragement. And you all understand, thank you, thank you. I feel as though everyone here at home is trying to help, but I feel I am being scolded, I feel week and I feel like they don't think I can do this. You words lifted me up I've done it before and I can do it again.
                            Yes cowboy, valentines day is a good quit date. I will not keep track, but I know you will.
                            Love you.

Comment

Liz,your family just loves you honey,I wish my family would be more supportive instead of"oh that's just Paulette" I need people to kick my ass!

Comment

We all love you Liz, and we'll be here for you everyday, any time of day! The best is that you know you can do it, and we can help! Hmm, think that belongs to HomeDepot, but now it belongs here! I don't think your family is scolding you, but maybe a bit frustrated that they don't seem to be able to help you...make sure you tell them that you need their help and support as well! It is a long, sometimes agonizingly slow journey, but the destination is far better than any bump in the road will ever be! And I won't keep reminding you of your date, but you'll sure to be receiving a bunch of hugs from me in the future starting with this 1! :hug:
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X