Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Big Congrats Ginger on your 10 months!! Cowboy you are truly the best for remembering all the milestones :hug:

Comment

Cowboy it also sounds like you do more in a couple of hours in the morning than most people do in a couple of days! Hope you didn't hurt yourself.

Lizann, I know that I look forward to getting together with friends, hope you get to see them soon, hopefully the dog day of winters are coming to an end.

Pauly, I love your realness and willingness to share. It is a true sign of strength to talk about troubles in our past and to be honest about life situations, many people I know are unable to do either. You are strong and are helping so many by being here. Thank you.:hug:

Beachygirl, sending you some snow in exchange for some sun, what do you say to that :happy2:

Haven't posted in a couple of days but still AF, and proud to be!
      Last edited by open halo; March 7, 2015, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Yay, OH on being AF!
        Hey beachygirl can I have some of that sun too?

Comment

Sending Sunshine and early flowers to all my friends.

I am off to work.

BG

Comment

Have fun at work beachy girl, I am working on a Sunday as well. Thanks for sending some sunshine.:love:

I am actually going on vacation next week with the family for march break , trying to escape winter for a brief respite. Am feeling good but worried, knowing that it will be more difficult keeping AF when on vacation on a beach. I am determined though and hope that carries me through. I am unsure if I will have access to internet and the MWO, specifically this thread is truly my saving grace during difficult days.
            Hope everyone is having a nice relaxing Sunday!

Comment

OH, take me with you? Yes I understand the vacation/drinking thing. Thankfully nothing on the horizon for the immediate future. I shall become strong anfpd then vacation!
              Nice and warm here today! I hung up my spring wreaths on the doors! Easter decorations out. Come on spring:sohappy:

Comment

Hi Open,
                Yes, I had trouble while away last November. I had not really committed to this process yet and I just told myself I will do it after. Not good.

But in my case it worked out. I came home disgusted with AL, the way we acted, the money we spent. I logged on here and made a commitment to myself. Never looked back.

Ginger had a similar experience early in her quit and she was strong and did it!!

I know you are determined! So print out some of the messages that helped. Print out some ideas from the tool box. Make a huge plan!
                You can do this !!! I know it

Comment

Hi all,
                  Just getting a chance to read back. We are having a 68 degree March day! I got in two walks today. It's so hard to be inside when it's so gorgeous outside. Mom is cranky today. It would suck to be confined like she is. I can take her outside if she wants but she's so cranky, she doesn't want to. Oh well....

Open, BG is right; I had a camping trip at 24 days. All trips with my in-laws (love them) is booze laden. I started my own thread for the added support. You can find it here. It's a short thread. https://www.mywayout.org/community/sh...abyss%85/page2. Enjoy your trip and report back when you are connected again.

I have to head back to Mom's. Sorry I'm not around much but I'm here in spirit!

Comment

Hi All,

Finally the weather is getting better. Almost 40 today and is suppose to be sunny and in the mid to high 40s all week so I think spring is approaching. I'll be glad to see all this snow melting. I'm thinking about getting a few chickens. It will be fun for my 5 year old grandson. I have a shed on my property that I could convert to a chicken coop. I've been researching the different breeds, requirements, etc. I want to get laying hens so we can collect the eggs. I'll have to put up some fencing so no predators can get them. I'm also thinking about a couple goats. We have almost 3 acres of land and a 1/2 acre pond so we have the room. I think it would be fun. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Congrats OH on 3 months! That's great! I'm proud of everyone for their AF time....it's adding up day by day! I'm grateful every single day that I quit drinking. My life is so much better. Drinking was so much work. And what a waste of time, money, energy.....you name it. There's not a damn thing good about it.

Have a great week everyone.....enjoy your AFness!

Don

Comment

Hey Chief, Glad you checked in! Chickens and goats? Sounds perfect to me. My two oldest sons had both and their kids loved them! I say go for it.

Comment

Ginger, did anyone wonder why you were not drinking anymore? What did/would you have said?

Comment

Picked up cigarettes today. Figure if I want a cigar I want a drink. If I want a drink I want a cigar. However whereas if I drink I want a cigarette I don't necessarily want a drink. And to think I started cigars because I didn't want to pick up cigarettes. We'll see. I got the mongoose to get rid of the snakes but now what do I do about all the mongeese?
                          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                          Newbies Nest Roll Call
                          Toolbox
                          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Yes... People wondered why I stopped. However, most of them in our group of camping friends knew in their hearts they should stop too. I was honest actually. I said I felt like I drank too much and that drinking was the one last BAD thing I was putting in my body and it was time to stop. It's a non-issue after all these months. No one even notices my not drinking any more. In fact, I just spent two days with that group of friends. Still... A non-issue!

Comment

Fantastic! Love it when people surprise us. And they often do.
                              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                              Newbies Nest Roll Call
                              Toolbox
                              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Cigarettes seem so small since I've been smoking cigars. That's a caution.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X