Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope everyone had a great AF Sunday. 7p and I'm finally sitting down for a few minutes. I'm thankful I can be with Mom and help her. Sometimes I just want my life back but then I remember these are the last years I'll have with her. She's been so strong through all this. She can get pretty pissy sometimes but for the most part she's keeping her chin up! Unfortunately, she's picked up the terrible coughing bug that's going around and was feeling pretty bad when I left her tonight. I'll be calling the doc tomorrow.

No thoughts of AL here and I'm thankful for that! Stay strong you guys. You never know when you are going to need every ounce of AF energy you have!

Comment

Ginger, is your mom at home yet? She is lucky to have you. Honestly, I think I'd be pissy too if I couldn't do for myself.
      Anyway good day for me today. An AF three days, I think, right cowboy?
      Goodnight everyone!

Comment

Liz,
        Mom probably won't be able to go home until late April.

Comment

3 days behind you, on your 4th today Liz! :thumbsup:
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Pauly and Liz, it seems we're all online early in the morning, if you're like me, I do my regular posts, then just "cruise" the threads, maybe it's a good time to chat in the cafe chat? Of course, anyone else is welcome to join!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sounds good, but I'm not sure I know how to do that?

Comment

Quick good morning!!!

I work evening shift all week, so will try to check in early.

Hang in the Ginger. !!!

Comment

So my kids and hubby are cornering me into going to an Al and drug group at a large church tomorrow night. I'm literally sick about it. Any input guys?

Comment

That's a tough one. I've never gone to a meeting so I'm not sure what it would entail. What makes you reluctant?

Comment

I'm embarrassed! They want to come with me. I'm not good in groups or with strangers, face to face. I agreed to go, but. . .

Comment

Congrats on your 100 days beachy girl!! Awesome.. :hug:

Lizann , perhaps you could go with just one family member or agree to go by yourself to check it out. I've been to an AA meeting and you don't have to participate if you don't want to, I'm not sure if your meeting will be the same. Hopefully your family will be supportive of the methods you choose, do they know about MWO? How do they feel about this site?

Haven't read back completely since I've been away. Loved the vacation but it is nice to be back, confession that I had a few drinks at the beginning, something about the warm weather and beaches it was very hard to resist. But I stopped, I knew after a couple it was going to take hold of me and I knew it was going to be a recipe for disaster. I kept thinking of all of the great advice I received from all of you. Life , for me needs to be AL free or disaster will be the result. Time after time has shown that to be the case.

Will read back a bit later, hope everyone is doing well, and I am wishing for warm weather for all of you!

Comment

OH, Welcome back! We missed you so much. Glad you had a good time and realized the drinking was leading you down the same bad path! Some things you can always count on.

Liz, I like OH's suggestion. Ask to go with only one family member. That seems reasonable to me.

Mom is really sick with respiratory crud. Hoping it doesn't turn into pneumonia.

Comment

Eeks, that's scary Ginger, hope it passes quickly, welcome back OH,thanks for being honest, vacation is a hard one,Liz,just go you might like it don't blame you for being nervous though, I would be too,hi to Cowboy, Chief, Beachy
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Evening everyone! Geez, 10" of snow Friday night and through the day Saturday, spent 2 hours shovelling the driveway on Sunday and it's snowing again! Supposed to get another 5 - 6" tonight! Who needs a Bowflex when I have a snow shovel! I should have listened to my Gramps when he told me never to buy anything with a handle, it only means work! lol

Ginger, your mom is having some trying times! Was she a smoker? My mom quit when my dad died but a few years later she started having trouble breathing and ended up with COPD. Go figure.. Anyway, hope it's just a spring bug she caught and nothing serious..

Liz, is it an AA meeting or an AL support group? I'll have more to say about it in chat in the morning, I see you are tech savvy! lol

Pauly, How's your cold? Did you wrap a Vick's sock around your throat and rub your chest with the Vap-O-Rub as well? That's what my mom did to us boys and it worked great! I think all it did was prevent us from spreading it because the smell kept everyone at a distance!

BG, did you get the bathroom cleaned lol, but I bet it's great to have him home!

OH, glad you're back and realized that AL has no place in your life! You had a good length of AF time built up, so it shouldn't be too tough to get back on the right path..we're all in this together, no matter what

Chief, still waiting for a pic of that new set of wheels, hope you're enjoying the ride..in more ways than one!

To the rest unmentioned, if you're stopping by to read what us crazy quitters are up to, why not join in! The more the merrier...

Well, it's time for homework! 58 years young and still doing homework?? But my counsellor wants me to read "The Four Agreements" I downloaded the Kindle version so I better get at it so I have it done by Thursday! Have a great one my friends....keep on keeping on eh!

Comment

Cowboy, I am working tomorrow, so I won't be chatting. Any input would be greatly appreciated. My daughter is attending another church in our area and it has this group. I believe it to be like AA, which, of course I know nothing about. I am doing it for them, it hope it is beneficial to me. Please tell me what you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X