Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Pauly, Have a good day at work today. More of the same here I'm afraid. Weather has been great so I should count my blessings! In the 70s and mostly sunny. Unseasonable weather for WA state but all the same, I'll take it. It may be the only thing that's keeping me from going bonkers right now!!

Comment

Add me to the list. I'm tired of being sick and tired. I want to start an exercise regimen, I want to quit smoking, but first I need to quit drinking. Not a newbie, but back for help. Thank you for being here.

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

Welcome library girl. By all means join us. We can do this.

Comment

Welcome LG! Glad you joined us. We love to have new people to add to the conversation. We can use all the support we can get around here.

Comment

Hi Library girl,I remember you from the mods threads back in the day, welcome aboard I'm tired, gonna go rest my brain before hurricane Louie gets here haha
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LibraryGirl View Post
              Add me to the list. I'm tired of being sick and tired. I want to start an exercise regimen, I want to quit smoking, but first I need to quit drinking. Not a newbie, but back for help. Thank you for being here.
              Hi LG -I just joined this thread as well. Might take me a while to get caught up, but from what I already understand, these folks are only to support each other and pass on their experiences. I too am glad that you are here.

Comment

Thanks for the nice welcome, guys. I'm not drinking tonight and I'm okay about it. My bf bought me some sparkling grape juice and I have it in my wine glass. Maybe that's frowned upon by some, but it's what I'm doing right now.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                Sylvia Plath

Comment

Howdy all! Great day today! Beautiful weather, geese are back now in flocks, crows are back as well, and saw my first gopher today, a sure sign spring is here!

Pauly, I'm usually around all weekend, check in on and off throughout the 2 days, but we can definitely set up some time to spend in the chat room!

OH, sorry to here about your Grandma, I was very close with mine as well and had a tough time when God called her home! I'll never forget when she met Bubba for the first time, she said, "finally he came around to his senses and found a lady who suits him! Promise me you'll take good care of my grandson, Lord knows he needs it!" She was right, Bubba is the best thing that happened to me, and she keeps her promise to Grandma every single day. They will always be with us in our memories..

Liz, how was today? When is your next meeting? I'd love to hear all about it!

BG, Ginger, Chief, and Spirit, great to see you all checking in and not giving up on your quit!

LG (LibraryGirl) as you can see most of us quitters shorten up the names, you'll get used to it lol As Spirit said, the quitters never judge, just support each other in our respective quits, no matter what! Stick with us and let us all help however we can. As you can also see, we don't limit our discussions to quitting drinking, we talk about anything and everything. Normal life doesn't stop just because we quit drinking! Welcome to our group and post away!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

X post LG! Nothing is frowned on around here! We have all been down this road too many times, we're all here to try to make it our last time!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

LG, ABC is spot on. Whatever works that keeps your from drinking, go for it. Some folks like the non-AL beers and wine but I don't trust myself with them. I did however depend on the sparkling sodas for several months. I don't usually bother with them anymore unless we have company and people are actively drinking. I like to sip something then. Make sure you have some good treats on hand for the evening too! Ice cream is a big favorite around here and after all....we deserve it!

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts everyone, it is so very hard to lose those that we love. I like your grandma's thought about Bubba cowboy, she sounds like she was a wise one. :hug:
                        Pauly, I agree just a short post keeps us on track and helps the rest of us from feeling a bit lonely, it doesn't even have to be about anything, a check in is good enough!
                        Library Girl welcome! It's kind of ironic regarding your name, I joined a book club to keep me on my AF track. I love to read and having books that we meet to discuss helps me partake in a hobby that I love to an even greater level. Finding positive outlets keeps AL in the dust where it belongs! This is a wonderful thread with even better people! It has helped me tremendously, and hopefully will help you as well.

Here's to a great start off to the week everyone!:love:

Comment

Good evening all. Cool and cloudy here today, so back on the treadmill for me. It's gotta get better soon right? Chilling with hubb, Lucy and tv. Watching buying the beach. I would love a beach house. Eh, maybe someday
                          Cowboy my meeting is tomorrow and yes I will fill you in. I'm actually kinda looking forward to it. My family needs to see me actively working on my sobriety.

Comment

Ginger, I forgot to ask... You mentioned you call the Pacific Northwest home? Bubba and I watch a show I think is on Discovery Channel, "The Legend of Mick Dodge" It is in some rainforest in the PNW. Have you heard of it and is it filmed somewhere around you?

Comment

Hi Everybody....just checking in. Open, I'm sorry about your loss. We're all thinking about you. Welcome Library Girl......this is a good bunch, you'll like it here.

Liz, we do live close to my son and his family.....2 miles away! Cowboy, I still haven't decided on a lawn mower. I go back and forth between the Huskie and the Cub Cadet. I'll have to make up my mind here pretty soon....

Hi to everyone else! I'm so AF! I'm thankful every day that I was able to stop the madness. We can all do it. Make it your mission.

Comment

ABC, That's filmed in the Hoh Rain Forest which is near Forks, WA. We are about 7 hours southeast of there. We are in central WA. With an annual rain fall of 7+ inches we are a LONG way from the rain forest. So... When I say PNW, I'm speaking pretty broadly!

Comment

Working...
                                X