Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy friends! Another day, another dollar in debt lol. But it was a good day! 20C (72F) and all the snow is pretty much gone. Soon time to power rake the front and back lawns and fertilize so that I can cut grass 2 times a week haha. Got home just after 2 in the afternoon and stayed outside with Hank playing Frisbee and doing some online material ordering.

How are things tonight mama and piper? Get through the day okay? As we all know, the first few days are the toughest for most, but it does get easier when you accept that you just don't drink, not now, not ever, end of story.

It seemed like yesterday that it was April Fool's Day and tomorrow is the 10th already! Seems like the days slip by faster the older we get.. Friday tomorrow, no coasting into the weekend eh, keep the defenses up everyone!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi guys - as promised I have a bit of information on the detox, and the general way of eating.

FIRST and FOREMOST is your AL quit. That is the most important thing. This detox is almost as hard as the first few days of AF, so please make sure you are strong in your quit.

Dr Hyman talks about detoxing from all sugars, anything that converts to sugars and all processed foods. The reason is to reset your system and to get rid of the toxins that are making us sick. Of course, that is different for every person.

In his 10 day detox, it is a paid program, with nutritional counselling, emotional support, food plan pretty well planned out for you and a facebook group for support (like here).

but the good news is - you do not need to do the paid version. There is a lot of information out there already.
      Dr Oz did a story on this.

You can also go to Dr Hymans site, and get a lot of info regarding the science behind this.
      Food isn't like medicine, it is medicine, and it's our number one tool for creating the vibrant health we deserve. Join the Community!

You do not need to purchase his supplements, they are everyday things we have all the time.

So, first few days without coffee - AGGGHHHH
      But you know why you feel bad, so it is ok.
      By day 4 I was feeling great.
      By day 6 I was bursting at the seams with energy and happiness.
      Day 10 I had coffee and a sugar treat - wow, not good. My stomach hurt from the coffee (that I love so much).

So, please read up. You can do it on your own with the bit of info from Dr Oz, or you can purchase the 10 day detox book. (it is very good, and has some good recipes)
      I did the paid challenge so that I had the support and accountability.

Let me know what you think once you read up on this.
      good, clean natural food. 10 days somewhat restricted, but then you start to add things back in.

Comment

Abc I am here thank you for the idea of turning neg thought to post thoughts that way I worked on practicing it last night. hope all have a good day!

Comment

abcowboy - thanks for checking in on me. I did great yesterday. Now on to Day 2....

Comment

Morning everyone! Just checking in to start my day off right! BG, no coffee in the program, I wouldn't be very good at it then, I love coffee! But I do watch what I eat, Bubba makes sure I eat healthy lol guess she wants to keep me around for a while still... We are "fussy" eaters though, fruit and veggies every day, most of our meat is locally raised or wild, so no hormones or growth additives, not very many sweets, but some for sure. And Bubba took me off ice cream, so in the evenings now for a bedtime snack, Hank and I get frozen yogurt! All in all, eating as healthy as I can, but enjoying my menu..

So many different ideas on a successful quit, faith, spirituality, admittance, acceptance, accountability, support, etc. etc. All are definitely important, but support is the most important in my eyes. As Matt M says, "I am 100% certain I can't do this on my own" and therein lies the truth. If left to our own devices, the power of AL would draw us back to that hole if we are on our own, trying to do it alone. All the programs out there, AA, Smart, AVRT, online, and the list goes on, all tell us that we need each other. Normal drinkers don't know and can't understand this demon that we live with every single day. That's why we rely on each other, we've all walked in the same shoes, have all be down that destructive road. Now we are all on another road, and even though we may take different paths, we are all on the same journey. I come here every day to get directions, so that I don't get lost along the way!

Have a great Friday my friends, see you all tonight....
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Wonderful post Cowboy hi Piper and Mama, glad you're both checking in, and this is a journey, it may be rocky one day and smooth as glass the next day, just have to keep traveling, day off today not much planned, I know I should appreciate a day off but I hate not having a schedule or routine, not sure what to do with myself, need to clean but meh,dunno where to start, hope everyone has a nice Friday, I'll be here off and on throughout the day, just wanted to say hi to everyone
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Crickets chirping, where has everyone gone off to?
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Evening my friends, but looks like I'm the only one online right now. My day was good, home early to spend time with Hank, then got moose steaks, potatoes, and cauliflower on the smoker for supper. We even got to sit out on the deck and read while supper was cooking. For sure a great day to be AF!

Hope everyone had a good day, see you all in the morning!

Comment

Better late than never I suppose. Worked late, then Erin stopped over for a bit. Hubby and I went over to another couples house for a bit this evening. I drank tea. Came home and hubby's brother called . He's a grandpa again! A little boy born today. So exciting. Second one for him. All in all a good day. I promise to be around more tomorrow. Good night!

Comment

Sneaking back again. Sorry I've been off. Managed to lose login details and never got around to resetting it.

My life is much the same roller coaster. Few days of drinking few days off. Today as I write I've been up since 2am. It is now 5.30am and I can not sleep. My evening started off with G and T and ended witha cheeky shot of G before I came to bed. Pretty tipsy.

Today I really want out not because I'm hungover or for kids or anything else. I just want out. To stop thinkinh about Al. Stop wondering if I should open a bottle. Stop wondering if j drink today then weekend I will stay sober.

I just feel a failure all the time and want that to stop. I want to be free of this ��

Comment

Haven't read back but will do so later today. Just wanted to say I almost made a horrible mistake, the voices and pull of AL was calling, I almost went over the edge and DIDN'T. I am proud to not have let my demons get the better of me. I am making sure AL does not enter back into my life. Thank you, all of you, for helping me have a better life.xoxox

Comment

Originally posted by open halo View Post
                          Haven't read back but will do so later today. Just wanted to say I almost made a horrible mistake, the voices and pull of AL was calling, I almost went over the edge and DIDN'T. I am proud to not have let my demons get the better of me. I am making sure AL does not enter back into my life. Thank you, all of you, for helping me have a better life.xoxox

Open Halo,
                          Well done for fighting off the demons! Temptation can creep up on you without a seconds notice. Now looking back did you notice a trigger for it all?

Comment

Morning everyone! Since it's Saturday and I have time and no one can see me, it's time to get dressed

Pauly on your 1 month milestone! Stick with us and we'll get you past that 5 week mark!

Comment

Yay Pauly another month for you:welldone: I'm not even sure where I'm at at this point. Cowboy, do you know? I just know I am sober!
                              Welcome back MinStar, so glad you're trying again. I find being here consistently is so important. It's hard but it's worth it. Those thoughts creep in and we have to fight them off. Sometimes it's just exhausting. Any day sober is a good day.
                              OH, good job, I'm so proud of you. Yes, I'd like to know if there was a trigger too?
                              No plans for today outside of running and laundry. I'm glad as I have a grueling work week ahead of me. Hubby and I are planning a weekend away for our upcoming anniversary. One of the attractions is a brewery, something we would have loved to do. Not this time around. Just thinking back on our vacations when we were first married, I was not a drinker at all. I need to be that person again and do the things I did then. No wine with dinner and attractions that don't involve al. I'm excited to get away and glad that it's small scale.
                              Enjoy your day. I'll be around today.

Comment

There, back to normal, got out of my costume and back in my housecoat with a fresh cup of coffee!

MS, so great to see you back! We want to help you in any way we can... maybe put your login and password on a sticky note and pin it up on the fridge? lol It is so easy to slip back into old habits, but by coming here everyday, reading and posting, you'll know there is a better life for you, just reach for it and go for it with everything you have!

OH, so happy to hear you resisted! Al will just lead us down the path of thorns, no roses in that kind of future!

Pauly, make me a promise and I'll hold you to it! I'll even give you my phone number if it will help you get past and far beyond that 5 week mark you always fight!

Ginger, your words always contain valuable insight for all of us! So good to hear your mom is on the mend!

Liz, keep it up lady! You're doing great as well!

Chief, how's things in your neck of the woods? Still busy as ever?

Spirit, haven't seen you around lately, hopefully all is well!

mama, are you stringing those days together? Keep us up to date so we can help and support you..

piper, ditto to you what I said to mama, hopefully the struggles are getting easier!

BG, looking forward to your next post as well!

Think I covered most everyone! If I missed someone, my apologies, getting old you know haha. I invited cuckoosnest to join us, she can use a bit of extra help and support as well! Bubba and I are thinking we might go out to the farm today and open up the RV for the season. We has so much snow that there is a lot of water that needs to be pumped to the dugout, so I might get started on that today as well. Hank loves the farm and the water! Don't even want to think of what he'll look like tonight! Have a great day my friends!

Comment

Working...
                                X