Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all -

Pauly - Great idea about sharing something that keeps ups from drinking. Today I have two things:
    1) Took an antabuse (but that is a short term solution and I need to focus on what I am really doing instead of drinking)
    2) Went to the movies with hubby, son & his girlfriend. I really was in no mood to go but I forced myself and had a great time. We saw Pitch Perfect 2.

So - I guess I need to force myself to do things and get out of the house and out of my rut.

Going to read for a bit and go to bed early. Going to be a long day tomorrow so want to just relax for a bit before I fall asleep.

Let's keep it going everyone.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all, thanks for all the support today. I too will go to bed early and hopefully wake up refreshed. D1s are the worst.

Comment

Tip: Do something bigger than yourself. That way the focus isn't all about us but about others.

Comment

Hi Gang...

Wow - the support here is amazing. I love reading it. I think that is the tip that keeps me strong. I read, I feel connected. It sounds like this is happening for all of us. when you think about it - how cool - we all came here in our darkest time, and now we are all getting better - together.

Love the tip idea Pauly.

AG - Cowboy cracks me up changing your congrats - that must make you feel special. Now you can do it. Like Ginger says - one day you just know. And that day - even though it can be physically hard - is emotionally incredible. You feel like this huge weight is gone. It is just not a fight any more. I hope you guys can all feel this soon.

Liz, Min, AG - bond together and be a force!!

Ginger - back on driving duty - you are a rock. Hang in there - not long till the beach trip.

I worked today, which was ok, even though it was the holiday. Off early and went for a nice coffee in the sun.

Early to bed for me, as I have an early start.

Great to see everyone - hope to see the others back here soon. We need you guys - Open, SS, Don (he is off 4x4 in his jeep)

Comment

Morning everyone! Two days of seeding left, then my life returns to normal and I go back to being a construction worker..but I will miss farming. Then again, it won't be long till harvest, only 100 days!

Pauly, I think the idea about trigger tips is fantastic! I don't get cravings very much anymore, it's more like "I wish" But when I get to thinking I wish, I grab a bubble gum, chew and blow bubbles, and tell myself that I want to be sober more than I want that beer! It works! It doesn't take long before the "I wish" becomes "I don't need"

Sorry everyone that my posts have been short, but in a couple of days you'll be wishing I was back in the field! Have a great day everyone, no drinkin' eh!

Oh yeah, one more thing before I head out....

Congrats Chief on your 1 year of sobriety today!
            Last edited by abcowboy; May 25, 2015, 12:01 PM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good Morning All,

Today I am back at Day 1. But hopefully this will be my LAST Day 1.

I feel like crap, but I made myself a nice breakfast. I need to start to think Healthy again. No more replacing meals with wine!!!

Comment

Mama, I used to do that same thing. Forgo good healthy food because I wasted the calories on wine! Today is a new day and you just have to get through this one. In the beginning of my quit I really stuck to the "one day at a time" policy. Just start today AF and get through it. As the day wears on and you start to get tired and get the "what the hell" feeling, go to bed. Take a good book and snuggle in or get the iPod and listen to a bubble hour. Have a deserved treat. My fav...coconut milk ice cream! PM me if you want to connect through facebook. That goes for all of you! It's a great way to instant message when you need some one on one time.

Chief, congratulations on your one year AF anniversary! We miss your wisdom here. Come back and join us when you can.

Another busy drive day here but tomorrow is all mine (at least right now it is LOL). I'm so happy this thread is busy again. Glad you are all here and working through your quits. Just keep coming back and read/post/read!
                Last edited by Ginger999; May 19, 2015, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Hey - super quick check in.

Way to go Chief!!!
                  Congrats on one year - that is amazing!

Comment

Hey all!

Mama stick close.
                    AG how's today been!
                    chief wow one year. Well done!
                    Beachy Ginger Lizann and anyone I've missed- how are you?

Sorry short post. Feeding baby before he settles for night. Really wanted a drink so came on and read through posts. Feel better now though. I need to just settle daughter and work with client. Eat and get myself to bed. This is really my witching hour.

Hope you're all well x

Comment

mama, dust yourself off and get back on, there's always room for one more on our wagon! Learn from your fall and dig deeper this time, the determination is there, you just have to find it.

Ginger, BG, and even me have said this, somehow you just know on that last Day 1 that it will be your last Day 1. I don't know why or how, but you just know and it makes the quit so much easier. Ginger and I had a conversation about this and now BG has had the same "empowerment" but if you have a physical addiction as well as mental, then I think you need more than what we and MWO can provide. You need medical help and detox followed by a period of rehab. It's bad enough to admit being an alcoholic, but to admit to needing medical supervision would be even harder I think. But if that's what it takes...

So here's a question for you all, how many have told your Doctor that you're an alcoholic? Mine knows only too well, he treated me for my bout of alcohol poisoning!

I read this somewhere, I don't remember where, but it reminded me of a recovering alcoholic thinking he's cured.

"You don't have to jump off the cliff to know what's going to happen when you hit the bottom."

Take a look at the bottom. It's way down there. There is no way you can survive the fall. You might even bounce off the side of the mountain as you drop. You are going to be a crumpled up, bloody mess laying there either dead or paralyzed or painfully mangled. And it all begins with that first leap, then you are helplessly falling.

And it all begins with that first drink. So take a good long look at the bottom. Just because you haven't wrecked your car, or lost your liver, or ruined your marriage, or lost your child, or become bankrupt, or lost your job, or killed someone, or gone to jail, or killed yourself, doesn't mean it won't happen. It will happen if you take that leap.

If you feel like picking up the first one, look at the bottom. Remember some of the awful things you did and think about some of the awful things you have heard others do. And the awful things people said about you when you were drunk. You don't want to go there. Take a deep breath and let someone know why you are feeling like drinking. Don't be ashamed of having a craving. Don't let your disease stop you from reaching out for help. Good for you all for always coming back, it really means you want to find your way out!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thank you everyone! It seems the year has gone by fast. I don't really think about drinking that often. I am just so glad I finally stepped out of the ring and am no longer fighting it everyday.

I'll check back in later. I'm working on this damn chicken mansion. .....

Don

Comment

Congrats Don that went by fast!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Omg cowboy- what a fantastic post. Have you got a place you keep these? I'd love to re read some of these? Maybe a thread. I love it.

For me- today a trigger- see above post but managed to curb it. Came down and ate before client so I wouldn't hit Al after client. I know hunger is a big trigger for me. Chat to friend and now in bed. Will read a little and then feeds and bed.

How are you feeling mama? AG? Lizann? We gals need to stay strong!

Chief , any wise words to those of us in the first few days?

Comment

I'm with min, cowboy that was, well, wow! Seems like there are several of us here that are starting over. There is strength in numbers. While I am sorry we are in this boat, I am grateful for the support and understanding.
                              Kids just got home, off to sit with them while they eat, then meeting. I'll check back later.

Comment

Hi Everyone, Congrats Chief... one year rocks!!

Ginger came and rescued me on facebook. I was doing my hide and cower routine. After ten great days, I had lots of wine last night. three big glasses and it was all my fault. No one pushed me to do it. I, fortunately, woke up with a horrific hangover. I still got up at 5:30 to meditate but had to leave the room for a few minutes to throw up my coffee.

I don't know about you other day oners but relapse hits me right between the eyes with no warning. The only common denominator is that a few days before I relapse I start staying away from MWO and my blog posts die off. I don't feel the relapse coming on; just sort of drift away and immerse myself in other projects that have nothing to do with sobriety.

Misery loves company and I am glad there are a few relapsers here with me although I don't wish a relapse on anyone. I figure if I get right back on the wagon I can say it was just a hiccup.

Another thing Ginger said in so many words is that to reach out and help others instead of always talking about myself is very helpful in recovery so I will stop navel gazing and begin to immerse myself in others. I hate that about myself. I read all the posts and think of comments but by the time I get to the bottom of the replies, I've forgotten who's who and give up. I think my brain is fried.

Thanks, again Ginger.
                                "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                                Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                                X