Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy all! A beautiful day in north eastern Alberta 29C (90F) and forecast is for the hot weather to stick around. I'm not usually one to complain about hot weather after just going through a darn cold winter, but we could sure use some rain, things are pretty dry up here and there are fire bans in all the surrounding counties. I'm just working around the farm till I get back to regular work next week, lots of things to catch up on around there before I get too busy to look after it! We had an eaves trough company out at the farm to put trough on a couple of buildings so that we could catch rainwater (if it ever rains) to water all the outside flowers and plants. I felt sorry for the 2 fellows working in the heat so I offered them an iced tea, gingerale, Coke, or bottled water. Told them that I was sorry that I couldn't offer them a cold beer as I didn't have any because I quit drinking. One took an iced tea, the other a Coke, and never questioned about the lack of beer lol.

Miss, with regard to your vanishing post, I posted this in the FAQ section, but rather then sending you there, I just copied and pasted
    As you are typing your reply/post, you'll notice a small yellow box pop up every now and then at the bottom right hand corner of the text box saying "auto-saved". If you get booted or lose your post because of auto log off or any other reason, just go back and start a new reply, in the bottom left hand corner of the text box should be a small white box that says "restore auto-saved content" , just click on it and like magic, your lost post re-appears!! It may not all be there, but most of it should.

It's cool how Miss and Pauly have so much in common! You guys can lean on each other (and the rest of us of course) when the going gets tough!

Where's the rest of the gang? Enjoying the beautiful spring weather? Hope all of you are staying strong in your quits! Later gators..... no drinkin' eh!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks abcowboy for the computer info. I need all the help I can get with computers and to stop drinking . We are not high tech farmers here lol. We still do not have gps on our tractors. My hubs got it on the planter to have a seed count. I wasn't around when the guy installed it or explained it. My hubs doesn't even know how to turn on the computer. But when planting season came he called me and said you need to set this up. WHAT? lol I did finally figure it out but Im keeping an eye on what he buys from now on:happy2:

Comment

Sorry but I have a dumb question. Where is the Tool Box? I knew where it was a few years ago. But MWO has changed since the last time I was here.

Comment

Miss,its in monthly abstinence, weird dunno why its not in general
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Welcome Miss Miss :welcome:, you've found a great supportive thread, with understanding people. I agree with Lizann and Ginger, that posting makes the focus on getting rid of AL greater and more accountable. I know I would and did have difficulty without this thread. Setting a good example for our kids is a point I totally agree with, I have two boys 9 and 6, and I don't want them to remember me as an AL abuser, who could never stop at one or two drinks EVER. That's what we all have in common, I guess. And together we can achieve greater success in kicking AL to the curb!

Hope everyone is doing great, I am running a 5km with my 9 year old on Saturday, 6 months ago, when AL was dominating my life, this would never have happened. So grateful to be leading a healthier, better life these days.

Here's to a great Spring weekend for all of us :hug:
            Last edited by open halo; May 21, 2015, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Hi Miss,
              Both the link to the toolbox and Newbie's nest is in my signature line. I'm glad you and Pauly connected. I really think having a quit buddy to lean on helps!

ABC, we are getting a little of the rain you want this weekend. It is our Memorial Day so it's a big camping kick off weekend around here. Not me though...nope! I'm itching to get back on the road. No camping for us now until July! :'(

SS, I enjoyed your blog post! Get back here, girl.

Liz, I want to see Lucy's new doo too. Picture please.

Min, Mama, OH, AG, BG, Chief hope you are all doing well!

Comment

In 30 days, June 21st, I am going to take my sons to a real nice restaurant for dinner (they love sushi!) Just the three of us, to celebrate an AF milestone.

Comment

OH, that's a great idea. I think it's so important to reward ourselves for a job well done!

Comment

Thank you everyone for the advice. I'm heading to the tool box before bed.

Comment

Geez OH, I feel terrible for missing your milestone today, but I have you in my sobriety calendar on a different date than the 21st...my apologies...:hug:
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

GMAE all. Need to read back but wanted to check in.
                        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                        Newbies Nest Roll Call
                        Toolbox
                        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Hi Ori! Nice to see you. Hope all is well with you.

OH, are you at 6 months? I'm sorry I don't remember. "/

Comment

HI all,
                            Super quick to check in and say all is good. I worked at the hospital today, and then came home to a large bit of typing to do for my other job...and it is due tomorrow. Yikes....

Just had a quick skim of the past two pages. You are all sounding great. Please keep posting...I do sneak a peek on my cell phone at work - but that is next to impossible to try to send a message on.

Thanks for all being here!!!

Comment

We just had a crazy thunder storm come through. It was 84 here today and it moved in around 6p. I've never heard so much continous thunder in my life. It's still raining and we need it! I posted a video on Facebook, if you get a chance to check it out.

Comment

Phew that was a lot of reading!! Well we are all still here and that's a relief. I have been here too and trying to sort out my work stuff. The company either is at a dead stop or so busy we can't keep up. Right now we are BUSY. Rewards!! They are so motivating. I think I will buy myself a new BOOK or some fancy TEA when I reach a new milestone. I love both.

Miss, my husband is not supportive in the way I would like him to be. He does not give me grief about not drinking unless he's drunk and then he wines about how boring I am. He makes fun of me when I go for long periods of abstinence and then suddenly have a drink. Big joke!! Ha ha. So I totally understand the dynamic between you and your hubby. Since I've almost stopped my son with the drinking problem has REALLY slowed down too. He lives with me with his spouse and 2 year old son and is leaving in the fall. I would really like to imprint the fact that fun can be had sober on him before he leaves.

Open Halo, you feeling better?

We have birthdays, baptisms and out of town guests coming in the next few weeks including my alcoholic Mom who is staying for three weeks. I would like to abstain during her visit as it would make me feel on top of the world. I hereby challenge myself to abstain while Mommy Dearest is here and then reward myself. Mom arrives Monday in all her negative splendour!!!!
                                "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                                Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                                X