Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning guys. Woke up feeling anxious again. What's up with that?
    MinStar that is quite a bit of walking! I'm sure you're a good tired. Probably too hot here to do much walking for me today. Perhaps I'll run on the treadmill.
    Happy Tuesday!

Comment

Good MAE, everyone! I am seriously needing a camping adventure. Temperatures are raising around here and that always makes me want to escape to the mountains (10 degrees cooler) for a good hike. I can't wait until all my peeps get healed so I can get back to retirement. There I said it! I'm a selfish bitch!

Another busy drive day for me! Four appointments to get people to today. Excuse me while I go count my blessings.

Have a great day you guys. I'm just a bit punky today. Sorry "/

Comment

Haha Ginger - you selfish bitch!!!

Hey sweetie - you are anything but selfish. You are an incredible woman, helping your loved ones. Needing and wanting time for yourself is a good thing. It helps you recharge. The gypsy in you needs that. Thank you for feeling comfortable sharing that with us!
        Hang in there -

I ended up taking a day off work - without pay. I am so beyond tired I think I will sleep most of the day. I have worked way too much with these double jobs and life. Hubby had first round of second set of chemo yesterday. This is just a short set. All went very well and he feels fine. Son had two different drum practice yesterday, dogs to and from groomers, appt at orthodontist for son - I crashed !!! Checked on mom, she is very sad regarding dads anniversary date so we talked along time.
        I feel like Ginger - but heck with exercise - bed for me!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day - living life!!!

Comment

Just found this quote on a fitness site but thought it applied here as well

Start where you are - do what you can - use what you have.

Your are unique.
          Your path is unique.
          Own it and make the best of it!

Comment

Morning everyone. Had a wonderful relaxing weekend.

I'll catch up with everyone later. Just wanted to check in.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi, I just found this on Zen Habits - I thought it was a good one for all of us. To stop and think about where we are in our lives. We are so much further ahead then we were yesterday.

zen habits: The Place Where You Are

Posted: 26 May 2015 08:58 AM PDT
              By Leo Babauta
              We rush through our days with so much to do, so much we should be doing, so much we’re missing out on … but how often do we stop to appreciate the place where we are right now?
              I don’t mean to focus on the journey, because that’s many different places … but instead to focus on where you are at this particular time. The physical place you’re in, the emotional state you’re in, the phase you are in life.
              Pause for a moment, right now, to notice where you are.
              What is it like? What is the light like? What about the sounds, the smells, the feelings your body is feeling, the people around you? What is your state of mind? What are you worried about, joyful about? What is stopping you from appreciating this moment?
              Find something to be grateful about where you are: if you’re around someone you love, enjoy that. If you’re doing something that makes the world a better place, be happy about that. If you’re in someplace beautiful, be thankful for that.
              What if you don’t like where you are? This is something to appreciate as well. Stop and feel your emotions about where you are. See that you are hurting. See that you wish things to be different. How does that feel in your body? Allow it to happen, and realize that it is temporary but a part of life. Not good or bad, just happening.
              Then think about all the things you aren’t suffering from: If you aren’t in a war-torn area of the world, give thanks to the stars. If you aren’t suffering from health problems, aren’t sleeping on the streets, aren’t about to die … that’s a minor miracle. You are alive, and life is a wondrous thing to participate in.

Comment

Love this beachygirl! Thanks for posting it, nice to see you Nora, thanks for checking in! Checking in myself before I'm off to sleep as well..

Leave the guilt aside Ginger, we think you are awesome! And I always remind myself and my husband, in order to give my best to others, I need to care of myself as well! So here's to you going on one of your gypsy runs very soon :happy2: I am there in spirit :hug:

Comment

BG, thank you for sharing this. I need to print it out and post it on my frig for the days when I'm a whiner baby (like today) and need a reminder of how blessed I am.

Not sure if this will be big enough to see but this is a picture of a rainbow over my son's house. Pretty awesome!
                  11265460_10203141709101879_3067695718200973687_n.jpg

Comment

That's an amazing picture Ginger!

1440.... Just thinking about that number. What if $1440.00 was credited to my bank every morning but anything left unspent wasn't carried over to the next day? I can't save it to use another time, if I don't spend it, it disappears. Truth is LIFE works in that way. It's not money, its something so much more important. It's TIME. How did I get to 58 years old and not realise that time is finite? I've taken the gift of time for granted for so long. What the hell have I been waiting for? The time to do things is NOW. Not at some arbitrary time in the future when all is perfect, when the kids are bigger, when the mortgage is paid, when I can retire and enjoy my golden years. The time to do it is now. I have 1440 minutes to spend until this time tomorrow and then they'll be gone. I have work to do. And so do you. Make the call, hug your kids, have that hard conversation, talk to your neighbour, share a smile, do a good deed for someone. Do it NOW before there is no time left. And sobriety works the same way, 1440 minutes at a time, don't waste your time worrying about the next drink, what you did or said last night, what do you look and smell like this morning, trying to remember where you hid that emergency bottle. Time is precious, don't waste it....

Have a great day my friends, no quitting eh....
                    Last edited by abcowboy; May 27, 2015, 07:50 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

ABC, that is a truly profound thought. Thanks for sharing it!

Comment

Hello all! I hope all are strong. Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Am strong atm- at mums and enjoying family and friends. Days are whizzing past and no Al thiughts. I'm heading back home tomorrow. I recall Lizann saying she felt the hun drum routine would be challenging! I am fearful of the same :-/

I will check in more now I'm heading home.

Stay strong all x

Comment

Busy day for me. Just a quick check in, doing ok. Home tomorrow will post more.

Comment

Think everyone is busy ATM,was taking a herbal supplement for allergies, at first I thought it was cool but now it seems to be revving me up,don't like that feeling sitting here watching Dr.Phil,boring show haha,hope everyone has had a good day so far
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just checking in as well!

Comment

Open Halo Thanks for asking but no I'm not doing that great right now. Ill be back when I get my sh@t together

Comment

Working...
                                X