Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liz!!

Keep those days adding up Liz! You're doing great!

Ginger, the ocean looks fantastic, hope you're enjoying your getaway!

AG, with hubby on board and understanding, things should get a bit easier with your quit, one day at a time you know...

BG, I presume school is out for the summer? Bet you're glad final's are over. Belated HB to your hubby!

Pauly, did you get through the weekend okay? Anxiety can be a bitch...just have to stay strong and plow through it..

Min, sounds like you had a busy weekend girl! We all know how tough it is to get a good string of days going, remember, don't look back on yesterday or worry about tomorrow, just get through today....

Mischa, great to see you active on other threads as well, there is strength in numbers!

OH, hopefully your quit days are adding up as well.....keep checking in with us, it's a tough thing to try to do on your own!

Chief, SS, Nora, and the rest of the gang, would love to hear how y'all are doing!

Another busy work week for me! Staying busy helps though, keeps my mind on simples pleasures, not destructive ones lol. Have a great week my friends!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Aww, cowboy, you are so sweet! Thank you.

BG, good for you! Was it hard not drinking when everyone else was? Not sure if I'd have come out of that unscathed.

Ginger, your pics are breathtaking! Definitely not what the beach here looks like. Definitely putting that on my bucket list.

Cloudy and humid here today, which is probably a good thing. I was going to hang out in the pool and just rest up after last week. Off to my Monday chores. Have a good one guys!

Comment

AG, my sons visa was approved. He goes to the Swiss embassy on June 26th for an interview and to pick up the visa. We are leaving for our cruise July 3rd. He will go to Basel after the cruise, and we will come home. I'm going to miss my boy! Thanks for asking.

Comment

Hey guys, sounds like everyone had a good weekend, Min,those"frozen"themed birthday parties would drive anyone to drink haha(bad joke) you'll get to the point where its gotten old and you're just done,Cowboy, I read what you wrote in your journal about people testing the waters,I agree there's a place to post that, I'd rather not see it,especially a planned drink,not really sure if they want to continue with sustained sobriety, Chief wrote a long time ago that relapse breeds relapse,I think we've all seen it,been through it,it almost reminds me of kids with candy who can't be eating any and one kid getting some eating it in front of everyone like "ha ha,I get some you can't" not like drinkin is a treat anyways, I see it more as a punishment these days,but still I didn't want to even post about it cuz I'm tired of those threads anyways,but you put in words what I was thinking, anyways hello to all and I hope this Monday isn't too manic,back later
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning quitters!

Lots going on around here. Had a drinking dream last night. I'm sure it was sparked by another post I read here. I was so glad to wake up from that dream but so sad that one of my quit buddies drank after such a long AF spell. But.... she's dusted herself off and is climbing back on the wagon. In the end... that's what's important, that we stay close and keep trying. We all have to figure out what works for each of us.

Stay close and stay strong. Come here first and tell us before you drink. We may be able to help you avoid AL.

Love you guys!

Comment

Pauly, is your daughter still with you? Have things calmed down a bit at your house?

Comment

(

Thanks abcowboy

Comment

Evening all! Good day today at work, not so good at home, my sobriety calendar on my tablet crashed! Good thing I keep a backup calendar on my iPad, but since Apple won't talk to Windows, I had to input all the dates again on my tablet! This time I bought Google calendar, which lets me back up to my Google account, and my iPad will talk to that calendar lol. Lesson learned.... I also have a hard time with long term abstainers tempting fate, but it is My Way Out, Finding a Path to Sobriety that Works for You, and the definition of sobriety is "the state of not being drunk" so I guess moderation fits within that definition. I know it's not for me though... one or two beer would never, ever be enough!

Quick post as I'm watching the hockey game and just finished fixing my calendar, so a bit short tonight.

Briseus, glad you took me up on my offer! This is a great thread with fantastic people! Pull up a comfy chair, stick around, share if you want, and we'll give you all the support we can! :hug:

Hope everyone else is doing great, I know you all are....keep coming back eh!!

One other thing, Bubba texted me this pic today, had me in stitches as I thought of Hank!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

ABC, that pretty much sums up our dog's life too! I saw a sign a while back that said, "The more people I meet the better I like my dog". Gave me a chuckle.

Hi Bri, Welcome to our little corner of MWO. Glad you could join us.

One more day at the beach then heading back to reality on Wednesday. Miss my hubby and dog but have had a great trip.

Stay close peeps! We need each other.

Comment

Hi Bri - welcome! I'm glad you are here with us.

Liz - so glad you are doing so well and your son is able to go on his trip. Great news!!

PW - you sound good - hope all is well in your world.

Quick check in as I have to get up early again tomorrow which is tough on this night owl. Take care all -AG

Comment

Murky Tuesday morning here! Glad I'll be indoors. Have a good Tuesday guys! AG, I'm a night owl too, hate these early mornings!

Comment

Morning everyone. Today is day one (again) for me.
                          Going to stick real close here today. As the first days are always the worst and emotional.
                          It's not even 7:30am and I am already thinking of excuses to drink tonight!!
                          Can't reach that bottle.
                          It's very muggy, humid and warm here this morning in Ontario.
                          I am melting already. Bleh.

Oh and thank you for welcoming me here as well.

Comment

Morning all!

Bri, if Day 1's were dollars, I could retire! Stick close and not just today, everyday! As Ginger always says, when you feel like drinking come here instead, make MWO your new drink of choice!

Off to put a/c in a young couples house today, friends of ours....she is expecting twins any day and told her hubby if they didn't get a/c, he'd never see his new babies lol. Be brave my friends...no quitting eh!

Comment

Man oh man. Getting closer to that time. This has been an exceptionally hard day for me so far. They were not kidding when they say each quit becomes more and more difficult.
                              Will get home and get on here and post as much as I can.
                              Really wish at times like this I didn't live so close to a liquor store.

Comment

Hi Bri- way to go coming here to post.
                                Now try to drive home a different way. So g a song to get your mind off it - try to list the 7 wonders of the world or the 7 dwarfs. Keep busy! And then go to bed early if need be.hang in there!

I am off to work for the eve. Nothing citing to post - sorry.
                                Have a great afternoon and eve.

Comment

Working...
                                X