Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all, I was searching through all the graphic sites for a graphic for today, I found one that is good, not only for Bri on her one month, but a good message for all of us..

Bri, glad you're on this journey with us, congrats!

Things have been normal busy for me, with this heat wave I've been crazy busy installing a/c units in houses. Not getting much time to get anything done at the farm, but another thing I've found since staying sober is that my patience level has increased dramatically, and that is a good thing for an impatient fellow like myself!

Liz, great to hear that Lucy is eating again! Sounds like things are getting back to a normal routine for you, and Mark is settling in over in Switz...

Jackie, I think you mentioned that you have a lab as well? We noticed one of Hank's ears was drooping and he was shaking his head constantly so off to the vet we went thinking another ear infection. Turns out he's developed an allergy to something, the vet thinks it's his dog food or something else he's eating. Hank eats everything except carrots and fish! How the heck do we find out what he's allergic to?? I guess he goes on a diet of just a new brand of food and yogurt, no more snacks for him, and that means no more snacks for me lol.

Min, you are sounding so good right now! Keep it up!

And as I said above, to all of us, never, ever, quit on your quit eh!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Already, just by feeling better, having thoughts of how nice a drink would be. I do well and have a productive day and there I lose my sanity. It has to be insanity because I know better but it's like having 2 people in one head....arguing to see who wins!
      Going to get on the exercise bike for a while, then eat. Hopefully knock this feeling on the head!
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Originally posted by daisy45 View Post
        Already, just by feeling better, having thoughts of how nice a drink would be. I do well and have a productive day and there I lose my sanity. It has to be insanity because I know better but it's like having 2 people in one head....arguing to see who wins!
        Going to get on the exercise bike for a while, then eat. Hopefully knock this feeling on the head!
        Daisy, when in doubt, take all obligation off the table and remember that the only thing you have to do is NOT do one thing. Sleep was my best friend in the early days. So much so that I felt guilty or like I hadn't really earned it- but that is wrong. A sober day is a sober day no matter how you get it. Wishing you strength.
        AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Daisy- agree with Jane- just one thing you have to do. Hope you managed to eat and dampen the evil thoughts.

Thankfully today- I had little thought of Al. Some days worse than others
          Thanks cowboy- I feel determined. I need to focus on this as other areas of my life going to oot. hubby and I arent talking much and I don't see how we're going to resolve this

Still not as stressed and no angry drunken shouting matches so it can't All be bad.
          Bedtime this side of town.

Hope all are doing well x

Comment

Daisy,one thing that helps me is ice cold lemon water,dunno why but it usually clears those drinkin thoughts up,try it
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks everyone..didn't get to the exercise but did not drink....phew! Another day done and I know I will be happy in the morning.
              I find it so hard to sleep in the early days....a night owl by nature also. Most of all I need to get exercise back in....supposed to go to the gym in the morning.

Comment

Great job Daisy,just do some squats,I just did and yikes!butt muscles I didn't even know I had hurt Cowboy, have you been in touch with Bri? Hope everyone's day has been good

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, I agree with you about the lemon water. I have been buying a bag of lemons each week but have run out tonight. I have been putting the juice of half a lemon in each glass of sparkling water and add ice. Tonight I will have it without the lemon and go to the store tomorrow. Could always try adding a bit of sugar if it is too tart. Well done Daisy! Mornings are so much better when we're AF. Minstar, you do sound strong. I hope things get better for you at home.

I'm very tired and headachy today and because my thinking is so slow lately I still have tons of work to do, so it is going to be a late night. My body and brain is still getting used to not drinking, but that's OK. I have been damaging my body for years with alcohol, so it makes sense that it will take a while for the damage to be undone. I will not drink. Night all.

Comment

Howdy all, quick post tonight, just checkin' in.

Knitty, great to see you on the various accountability threads! It's shows how determined you are to make this quit stick!

Daisy, as each day goes by, things will get better! No one said it would be easy, but I can definitely tell you it's worth it. Stick with us and stay strong in your quit!

Pauly, I saw Bri online a couple of days ago, then she was online earlier tonight just reading the Roll Call, guess I'd better shoot her a pm to see whattsup!

Min, did I tell you lately you're rockin' it!

And of course I feel the same about all the quitters, keep on rockin' it!

Edit: As I sat down to watch a new survival series on History Channel "Alone" I remembered that I wanted to ask BG if she'd heard about it as it's being filmed on Vancouver Island?
                    Last edited by abcowboy; July 16, 2015, 09:48 PM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Min,
                      You're dead on with the triggers, tired, hungry. Also, my wife was not at home either, sooo, I just gave myself a green light. WRONG!
                      Graet job, Daisy, Knitty.

Comment

Wow - everyone is sounding great and so supportive.

I am sorry I have been so busy and not able to keep up here and support as I like to, but you are all helping each other so well- fantastic!!

Cowboy - no, I hadn't heard about that film. Do you know where on the island? Could be fun to see.

I am still taking this course, and have to work as well tomorrow - super long day - so night for me.

Be strong - be happy!!

Comment

Wow, SoberSoul you hit the nail on the head for me with your initial post here. Same story... slurry, stumbling drunk at times who keeps messing up because I want to believe I can "be mindful" and control it. Problem is those times that I can't control it and I never know when those out of control times are going to to hit. This is day 1 for me. Shared dinner last night with 2 heavy drinker friends and blacked out, passed out, and had the worst hangover today. Just Monday night I was at a party and got slurry and stumbled and feel like I embarrassed myself as well as my husband. I told him on Tuesday that if I went over my two drink limit again, I would seriously consider stopping. Well, here I am. The mindfulness DID NOT work. Did go out with friends and hubby tonight and can't say I really missed the martinis they imbibed in. That seltzer water tasted pretty good and I won't have a big head tomorrow.
                          All Done
                          Last edited by All done drinking; July 17, 2015, 01:00 AM.
                          "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Howdy quitters! Just a quick check in from my little corner of the globe lol, BG, not sure what part of the island, but you could google "Alone" History channel survival series. It's pretty good, 10 men started and they are down to 4 men left. It's kind of all about how isolation can mess with your mind, something we can all relate to...

Add (aka All done drinking) welcome to our humble thread! We are known as the quitters, stick around and we'll do all we can to help you become one as well!

Have a great day/weekend my friends...remember, nothing is too tough that you need to pick up the first one to get through it!

Comment

Hey all,welcome ADD yeah drinkin sucks!but you're here now and I hope you'll stick around had a weird drinking dream,I hate those!feel so out of control and sad you blew your quit,just a dream,yay,day off today and not sure what I'll do,not sure if I should take it easy and have a mental health day or get out and do something?sometimes I do too much then end up feeling like I didn't get a day off at all,other times I feel guilty for not doing something, ahh the mind of paulywogg! Hopeeeveryone is doing good,let's all have a Fab Friday

Comment

Hi everyone; Donedrinking....I know how you feel...we all do. But better here than not! Just keep trying till it clicks!
                                Cowboy, gonna look up that series...love reality shows. Naked and Afraid, Bear Grylls....other good survival ones.
                                Well, day 3 for me and the best I have felt in so long. Pushed myself to the gym with my daughter. Then, with a new lease of life went swimming. I done 64 lengths (1 mile) and I am so proud of myself. I haven't swam for months and can't belive I was still able to do my usual amount....must be muscle memory. Now I want to go again.
                                Getting my hair done tomorrow as a gift from my daughter....let's just say all is good. Only one thing to do now....stay sober and watch it getting better!

Comment

Working...
                                X