Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS was AB key in your quitting? That sounds like scary stuff.

Comment

Hi All, another hot one here...90 and humid with thunderstorms. It's suppose to cool down to the high 70's- low 80's for the holiday weekend so that will be nice.

I'm glad everyone is doing well. Lizann, you should check with your doctor if you're interested in Antabuse. It is potent stuff and can really make you sick if you ingest ANY alcohol. I've never used it but I've heard horror stories about it when people try and drink when on it.

Enjoy your AFness everyone!

Don

Comment

I never used antabuse but it's a tool many people have found success with. Like Don says it's not to be messed with.
        "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi All
          Yes, Antabuse is not something to mess with but it can be an effective tool. It can take a week to wear off too so one pill and you really can't drink for at least 5 days. You can get it in Canada. I am in Canada and go to a specific pharmacy that makes it up. There are a couple of pharmacies here that will do it. If the Doctor does not know where to fill the prescription any alcohol treatment doctors or facilities in Canada will know. It really is only a bandaid though. It is important to work through the reasons you drink and the triggers.
          Day 5 over for me. Enjoyed the parade today and the celebrations in our community. It was a great AF holiday and I will remember it tomorrow.
          Take care all and Happy Canada Day to any Canadians here, especially Sober Soul.
          R4L
          Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Thanks for the info on the Antabuse. I don't think I could do that. I do know the reasons I drink and the triggers. I just need to stay away from al. Thanks for the info guys!

Comment

I really can't believe it, but tomorrow is two months AF for me. WTH?? How did that happen? LOL Thanks to all of you for all the support. That's what has made it possible.

Comment

I knew you could do it Ginger... two months is amazing and it sure feels great doesn't it??? So happy for us both and especially thinking of you hitting a milestone that means a hell of a lot. Do you plan on rewarding yourself in any way. I keep meaning to but I don't need anything right now...

Happy Canada Day back to you Running for Life.. I spent it visiting my daughter and her newborn daughter... lovely times lately.
                Lao-Tzu

Comment

Congrats ginger that's great!
                  Congrats on your newborn granddaughter! That's the perfect reason to stay sober!

Comment

Way to go, Ginger!!!! It's a real pleasure having you here....

Don

Comment

Thanks everybody! I really couldn't do it without all the support. I know because I was never able to do it before I came here. I fell for all the triggers everytime. Let's keep racking up those days!

SS, I was going to buy myself a macrame' bracelet but instead I bought the stuff to make it myself. Sounded like fun.

Staying home for a quiet 4th of July. We leave the 11th for the next trip. I know longer get a pit in my stomach thinking of how I'm going to deal with the drinking. I have my plan!!

Comment

Now, that I have a pretty good handle on the sober thing, although I have to keep my guard up, I have to get off my ass and get some serious work done around here. I have been procrastinating and if I can work hard for the rest of this month, I am home free... life will full of free time to do all the stuff I'm doing right now but with tons of guilt. Duh....
                        Lao-Tzu

Comment

Happy Fourth of July! Keeping busy today and I have a plan! Thankfully weather isn't great so BBQ will be significantly shortened. Have a great one!

Comment

Happy 4th of July to all you Americans. Enjoy the day off work and have a safe, sober weekend.

We are heading to the lake. Things are finally coming together for our move to Ontario and I can minimize my travelling back and forth between Ontario and Quebec ... a little kick in the ass I gave myself on my blog was all it took to get me going.

You guys should try blogging.. it's easy and you sure feel accountable when people are 'following' you.

xxx
                            Lao-Tzu

Comment

SS - you do have a wonderful blog!

Sober 4th of July here.
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Sober 4th here too!

Comment

Working...
                                X