Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Chief, I'll have to remember that.

Anyone tried coconut water as an alternative drink? It's refreshing and is not to sweet. I love it with the little chunks of coconut meat in it. Try it!
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    Lao-Tzu

Comment

I love it too! It's full of good things for you.

Comment

Oh yes I tried it too. Not for me. I prefer plain old ice cold water!
        Still doing good here. How's everyone else doing?

Comment

I'm doing well with being AF but I'm sad.... My 19 year old doxie/chihuahua mix is failing. I've been putting off the inevitable for ages but the time is getting closer. She has been with me so long through so many things, I can't even imagine her not being here. She's mostly blind, has demensia and the doc tells me her heart is failing. Sweet little thing still wags her tail when she thinks she's getting a doggie cookie though. I owe her for years of pure unconditional love. I need to honor her by letting her go, but I'm a selfish human and don't want to feel the pain of losing her. I'm trying to get the mobile vet to come here and do it on Aug 11. Right now I'm waiting for a call back from him. In the meantime, Ellie is getting all the cookies and canned dog food she can eat! So that's how I'm doing tonight. Pretty much feeling like shit but not tempted to drink.

Comment

Hi all,
            Shit Ginger I'm so sorry about Ellie.. My brother's dog died last week, so gut wrenching
            So glad you are not drinking!
            Xx
            Pat

Comment

I'm sorry Ginger. You have given Ellie the life she deserved and she knows it. Let her go in peace....you will remember all the good times you've shared together. I still miss my dog, Susie, who I had to have put down 3 years ago, but I will always be thankful for the good life she had.

We are all so proud of you for going through this sober with a clear head. You should be proud of yourself too. I'm sure Ellie knows too...:l

Don

Comment

Ginger, my condolences to you about the imminent loss of your little Ellie. I wish I could make the pain go away. She'll be at rest in a few days. Take care of yourself and I am so proud of you for not even thinking about drinking. xoxox
                Lao-Tzu

Comment

My deepest sympathies Ginger.
                  “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                  Newbies Nest Roll Call
                  Toolbox
                  Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Hi everybody! I'm a real newbie and have really enjoyed reading so many of these posts. I have started and stopped so many times and now want to make a forever run of it. I made my first post in the nest and have been reading the toolbox and other great stuff and look forward to working with all to make this happen. Thanks for being here and so sorry about Ellie. That's the hardest damn thing!

Comment

Hello Ja, and welcome. So happy you've joined us. We are non-judgemental and are here for the long haul. We'll see everyone of us sober if it's the last thing we do. Just keep coming back no matter what. Sober life is awesome but you have to go through the scary woods to get to the beautiful river. Feel the fear and do it anyway. Tell us more about yourself. You may have noticed that some of us have accumulated close to 100 days sober using this thread so it does have it's magical ability (I think it's the relentless encouragement).

Stay close; we'll be looking for ya!!
                      Lao-Tzu

Comment

Ellie

Thank you all for your support with my dear sweet Ellie. The vet did call and we scheduled for 8/11 at 4pm. I've not stopped crying since we spoke. I was thinking how I'd have gone straight to the bottle only 87 days ago. These hard things are going to come and we have to go through them AF no matter what. Knowing I can come here and cry on your shoulders makes me feel so much better. Thank you all so much for being here!

Ja, Welcome! You've come to the right place. Just keep coming here, reading and posting. If you haven't make sure you have a plan in place when the beast comes knocking at your door because it will and you'll want to be ready! Stay close.

The link to the toolbox is below. It has a wealth of information to help you build your plan. Attached files [img]/converted_files/2358288=7779-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Great picture of Ellie the Petunia, Ginger! We're all here with you and our shoulders are wide and strong. Why do you have to wait until 8/11?

Glad to have you onboard, Ja! Make yourself feel at home and keep reading and posting and get ready to fix a big problem in your life. We'll help you and support you but you are the one who has to make the decision and just do it. Check in with us everyday...

Don

Ginger, you can see a picture of my dog, Susie, who I had to have put down, in the gallery here. Click on the #1 under my join date. She was a great dog who had a great life...just like Ellie.

Comment

Great picture of Ellie the Petunia, Ginger! We're all here with you and our shoulders are wide and strong. Why do you have to wait until 8/11?

Glad to have you onboard, Ja! Make yourself feel at home and keep reading and posting and get ready to fix a big problem in your life. We'll help you and support you but you are the one who has to make the decision and just do it. Check in with us everyday...

Don

Ginger, you can see a picture of my dog, Susie, who I had to have put down, in the gallery here. Click on the #1 under my join date. She was a great dog who had a great life...just like Ellie.

Comment

Awww... Susie looks like a sweetie too. It's so dang hard when you have to make that decision. I picked 8/11 because I wanted to take her to the mountains one last time to hang out by the lake. Believe it or not, she was a hiking fool. She loved the trail. I'm going to try and give her the best time I can before she has to go. And more importantly, that is the first day open that will give me a few days where I can hunker down and mourn. I know me, I'll be a basket case for at least 3 or 4 days so I don't want any commitments right after it's done. I'm methodical that way. The vet agreed it would be okay; that I wasn't making her suffer.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts. You are all such good friends. How did I get so lucky to find all of you? Hope everyone is having a great AF day. In spite of the Ellie issue, I'm feeling strong and resolved to this quit, thanks to your support.

Comment

Oh ginger I am so sorry about Ellie! As I write this I have my sweet little Lucy cuddling and snoring next to me. I have had dogs in the past, one died at home, the other two we had to put down! It's absolutely gut wrenching! I feel your pain. They are so much a part of our lives. Someone told me once they are only with us for a part of our life, but we are their whole life! So proud of you for not drinking, cause this is a tough one. Enjoy every sober minute with her!

I'm going strong and feeling good (for right now, anyway)!

Comment

Working...
                                X