Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh ginger, I work in a hospital, I HAVE to go to work! Therein lies the problem.

Comment

Yikes! Hopefully the reports are off then!

Comment

Just a quick Sunday night check in.
        My son is home from his weekend at the ski hill. Life is back to normal.

Cowboy - your Sunday morning routine sounds perfect - relax, coffee...

Pauly - you might have a few us in Vegas with you, as Gingers trailer in Arizona might not fit all us cold northerners.
        Glad you are back and working through this with us.

Ginger - how is Mom today? Did the rehab plans get arranged. My experience with weekend hospital stays is nothing gets settled until monday, so hopefully things are moving forward and Mom is comfortable.

Liz - hang in there with the snow - that is a lot. What do you do at the hospital?

Chief - congrats on the test. Sounds like you were well prepared and it paid off.

SoberSoul - congrats on day 14. Whoot Whoot - we learn something new every day here don’t we?

Min - how are you? One of the others told me to talk through the thoughts and triggers. Occupy your mind with anything, counting, music, the 7 dwarfs - that one worked for me as I could not get all 7 of them, had me in giggles - broke the cycle.
        by the way, I asked coworkers if they knew the 7 dwarfs and no one knew them... of course they didn’t know why I was asking.

Open Halo - are you back from camping? I bet it was cold, but I also bet it was beautiful and very peaceful.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and are excited for the coming week.

never give up.jpg

Comment

Beachygirl , I am a medical assistant. I am going I early and keeping a low profile. I will do my 8 hours and leave, quietly. First shift doesn't go home until second shift comes in.

Comment

Here to lend support to all, especially my bugs Lizz and Pauly!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi all,
              Mom is still in the hospital. They are hoping by Tuesday she will have a bed in rehab. My younger sister thinks I should come home but right now I'm staying put and letting my two sisters take care of things. Mom's health issues have been my responsibility the past two years so I understand why they think I should come take care of things. However, I'm being selfish and waiting a bit longer. This will be a long haul for Mom to recover from, if she can at all. She is frail to start with so adding this only pushes her further down that slippery slope. I'll be prepared to head home and move her to my house when she's out of rehab.

Hi Mama Bear! Glad you stopped by. Stay as long as you can and lend any/all support you can.

Lizann, I just saw on TV your storm may have 65 mile an hour winds too. Hang on tight!!! Don't let this stretch of bad weather get you down and stay close to the threads when you can!

SS, check in. We need your wisdom here. I've been following your blog posts and as always they are inspirational but we need you here too!

Chief, ABC, OH, Min, BG and everyone else.... (I'm terrible at addressing everyone. Seems I always forget someone) have a AF great day and week!

Comment

Hey guys. Sorry been awol had a busy weekend with family and kids. Managed to stay AF until Saturday night :-( just fancied a few. As always I don't stop at one. Grhh. cowboy. I'm on what'sapp too :-) pm your number?
                Ginger- how's your mum? I had a quick catch up on posts so sorry to hear.
                Hope everyone is well. Time to bath kids so I'm off. Back later
                X

Comment

I'm home, exhausted. Took me close to two hours to get home. Our department is covered , no need for me to stay overnight although that was an option.

Comment

Lizann, so glad you're home safe and sound. Do you go back tomorrow? Hope not!

Min, sorry you had the slip. Just get back on. Don't let this slip take hold. Just hold on to the days you racked up and start again. In the end you know it's what you want.

My oldest son and DIL are covering for me with Mom. She was moved to the rehab facility tonight. It's a good one so I'm happy about that. Son and DIL will visit her daily for me.

Hope everyone is doing okay, staying warm and AF!

Comment

Ginger I am home until Thursday. There are some girls at work who want to do the time! Goodnight my loves. I will be ready to dig out in the morning.

Comment

Lizann glad to hear you got home safe and sound from work and have some days off.

Ginger, glad your mom is in a good rehab place, and that you have your son and daughter in law to help. We are thinking of you. It's important your sister's help out as well. (This is coming from experience with sisters!)

Minstar, when you are feeling the urge remember we are here, unless we are winter camping..a million miles away from AL seems to help, get back on the AF train, we want to help you stay on board.xox

Beachygirl so great to hear from you, you sound strong and focused. Winter Camping is a true experience! Has anyone ever built a quinzee and slept in one? You pile a whole bunch of snow together, let it settle and then dig it out. Use sticks to make some air pockets and there's your shelter. Very cozy and warm to sleep in. Pauly your grandkids would love it! Don't think you could make one in Vegas though!!

Thanks for the pop in Mama Bear!

Awesome 14 days Sober Soul!
                        Last edited by open halo; January 26, 2015, 09:23 PM.

Comment

If anyone here has slept in a quinzee, my money's on cowboy!

Comment

You're right halo! When the kids were younger, I took the tractor and front end loader and made a pile of snow about 20' in diameter and 15 feet high! We had a 2 story quinzee with a living room and 5 sleeping hollows!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

oh my goodness - I lived in Edmonton for 5 yrs and never heard of a quinzee. I want to try that!

Living in the land of rain (and early flowers) in Victoria now, we wont have enough snow to do that.
                              I might need a winter visit back to Edmonton.

Comment

Give me 70 degrees and hiking an20150126_130634.jpgy day of the week!

Comment

Working...
                                X