Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unrecognized anxiety???

Hello, fellow travelers!
    Notes from day 14 (FOURTEEN!!!!! YA-HOO!!!!)
    There is so much about this journey that is interesting.....
    I wrote a few days ago about having two problems - sleepiness and sugar craving. One thing I tried was cutting out the Calmes Forte - figuring that since I'm not an anxious person, I didn't need the soothing the CF gives and that it may be what was making me sleepy.
    Well, once I cut it, the sleepiness was helped a little, but I was having a lot of alcohol craving - It was terrible!!! Yesterday, I went back on the CF and no more cravings.
    I have said a MILLION times in conversation how I am not an anxious person, I'm pretty calm, etc. I now wonder, though, if I have been mistaking anxiety for craving all along.... I mean, if I crave and drink, the craving is solved, right? But what if I am actually feeling anxiety, and the alcohol is just medicating that?????
    It is really hard to tease all of this out. I'm not even sure if this makes a lot of sense.
    Any comments? I've got to get back to work, will check in tonight,
    Peggy

unrecognized anxiety???

Peggy, the anxiety could very well be causing the cravings for drinks. I don't necessarily feel anxiety but anxious and angry, itchy, whatever, so I grab my GABA, P5P, and phenibut and take them right away and they calm me down within a few minutes.

BTW, congrats on day 14, AWESOME. I'm on Day 12 and planning being on 16 after this fourth of July weekend!

Comment

unrecognized anxiety???

Peggy,

Thanks for this very interesting observation. We've heard others report the same thing and it's fascinating to me because the Calms Forte was actually incorporated into MWO to assist with anxiety, sleeplessness, withdrawal, etc. It's really effective for that. But there appears to be some evidence, anecdotal anyway, that it's helpful in curbing craving. In fact I have since learned some people take it to reduce the desire for carbs or other sugars. So, absolutely, this could be an effective means to supress anxiety that results in drinking. Have you noticed your sugar craving is reduced now that you're taking it again?

Congrats on your two weeks and keep up the good work!

RJ

Comment

unrecognized anxiety???

RJ,
        Yes, the sugar cravings are also gone. Very interesting....
        Peggy

Comment

Working...
        X