One Step at a Time - October 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all,
    Kradle I have a fitbit and so does sun and fen...they are both kicking my butt..
    Off to the gym then to the shelter for yet another yard sale. We are only staying a couple of hours this time.
    We will go back tomorrow for a couple of hours too. Then we are going to a "meet up" to an Indian restaurant for vegan buffet. These folks meet once a month to check out places to eat that serve vegan foods. This is an experiment...
    Will read back later.
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Goog morning everyone- tough one here but have read back and glad you all are doing well, fit biting (you go gals!!) and walking dogs (the Midwest has some crazy weather, Sunny) and I love your comeback, Mama, about Pest control...tell them to get a cat...
      Pualy onfeel pretty awful about my hairdresser at the moment as I missed the appointment I had with the twins hair for this pageant...she wouldn't spnosor them .ie just cut their hair which would have been about 30 dollars so i took them to a very nice salon here in town and 2 hairstylist did a fantastic job on their hair for free... :goodjob: so I haven't called and well...I feel badly...

So , got a letter this morning from Matts counselor...he's still struggling and I am out of money...just don't know what to do. He's going to have to come home...un- graduated. I'm just very sad...Halloween party tonight at the girls school...
      Love you alll:heartbeat:
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Is it just a money thing regarding Matt,Kradle?what's going on?i woke up in a good mood,thenjust started getting melancholy,too much thinking about missed time with the kids and hubs,waking up out of an alcohol fog and just not quite sure what to do with myself! as i always asked"who am i"?i find myself being the person i was before i drank,listening to music from that time,craving the same foods,movies etc,and in a weird way thinking my kids are still that age,does that make any sense to anybody?i woke up and hubs and kids are older,i have a g-babby,but i still feel like myself,oh pooh,gotta quit thinking so much Louie will be here soon and i can't be a weirdo in front of him,i'll take him to the 99 cents store with me,maybe he'll help control my spending haha
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

good lord...have I posted today??It has been so busy, I don't even know
          Pauly - you are absolutely right....money is NOT everything:heartbeat:
          Kradle - there is nothing I can say, except that you are an EXCEPTIONAL mother and have done everything you can. It is what it is and you and hubs will have to really tough when he comes home...I believe this will all work out in the end and Matt will recognize and appreciate what you have done.
          I was daydreaming today that if I won the lottery I would send all my loved ones here a surprise......we all struggle at one time or another and I wish I could fix that.
          And yes, Pauly - time does fly, especially when you have kids.
          I'll check in when I get home
          I love you all
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

checking in before I eat. It took me an hour to get home....grrrrr
            Pauly, I often think...the squirrels and bunnies and birds don't drink and they seem fine
            anyway....gonna eat and find something on Netflix....right there with you Kradle...join the FatBit club
            I finished "The Walking Dead" so need to find a new show
            oh....tell me why I watch the news....so damn depressing....another high school shooting
            Love you all....have a wonderful, sober evening
            Sun- glad your family is quitting with you. Hubs keeps promising but it hasn't happened yet...

Comment

I have so much that I want to comment on......but, I'll be back tomorrow. I did not sleep well last night and being so exhausted does not help my mood. I'll catch up with you all in the am.......xxxxx
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning everyone - hope you got a good nights sleep Nora. I was in bed fairly early and got a pretty good night !

MB - I never watch the news and hate to say that I hadn't known about the school shooting - I have set up my computer so I see the headlines ..... I stopped watching the news a long time ago, figuring if there was anything that I really needed to know, I would hear about it somehow or the other. I read somewhere that people are happier when they do not see the news every day and have to say I agree with it. But then I have always been something of an ostrich. Oh and hubs went out with daughter yesterday for a drink - LOL but we are stopping tomorrow now !!! He will - once he decides to do something he is pretty good .... wish I had his will power ! And brother emailed and said that he ended up having a drink yesterday so it is today for him .....I told him it was tomorrow for us so no doubt he will join us in tomorrow.

Kradle, I am so so sorry about Matt - but that is so much money for you to find. How does he feel about it ? Has the time that he has been there helped at all? I really feel for you but you are not to blame - he has to take responsibility for his actions and step up now as well ..... just wish I could help you out .....

Dottie - what do you do at the gym? I am thinking about joining our local one - they are having a promotion and I can get a discount for something. I cannot decide on a treadmill and they are all so expensive so am thinking for now might just join the gym .... it is only 2 miles away - laughed at you saying that both Fen AND I are kicking your butt now with the Fitbit ! I am finding Fen a good motivation to get me moving !! I won't beat her but I at least would like to get a tad closer !!

You are lucky to live near anywhere that serves vegan food ... living in the bible belt as I do, there is nowhere that serves veggie or vegan food within decent driving distance. I rarely eat out as it is no fun at all for me. I am usually stuck with salad or baked spud - and once I had the baked spud and looked closely and asked what the tiny bits were and was told they were bacon bits - and said AGAIN that I was a veggie, to be told that they were 'very small'..... SIGH. This was years ago when veggies were a lot fewer and farther between but even so ..... veggie soup with chicken broth as a base ('well there is no actual MEAT in it is there ?') - it goes on and on ....I do not like eating out !

Pauly - does your hubs have a problem with AL? Could he stop ? I know mine took years before he admitted that he too had a problem ..... when does Bobbi actually move ? I know that you said but I have forgotten - sorry. I known what you mean about getting it over and done with instead of all the hanging around and waiting ....

Oh well, off to not walk the dog .... LOL I am going to walk me and then walk the dog later. I am also going to check out the gym today.

Hugs to all and hi to anyone I didn't say hi to - Reccy, Lizann, FT, Fen, and anyone else !!

Sun XXX
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Good morning peeps.
                  Realization check, I have been now working this new job for 2 weeks and yes lots of new stuff and procedures but it all good.
                  One of the biggest thrills and joys for me is being home and waking up in my own bed making my own coffee, having breakfast in my own kitchen - ITS AWESOME. Health is getting better by the day, chest pains gone, BP averaging 118/125 over 85ish... heart rate in the 50/60's and as my Dr said the other day "you have color returning to your face".
                  Hope you all have a great weekend and thanks for being there.
                  FT
                  AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                  As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

So I guess I have been MIA for the past week. Busy working, making up for my vacation next week. Twenty one hours and counting! Packing today. I will miss you all! Btw hubby's head is healing nicely.

Comment

Hey all,i was just thinking about you yesterday Liz,how are things?Sunni,Bobbi leaves Nov 1, alright now listen to this b.s on this,whe her bf's mom went to Portland to get a lease on the house,she put she only had 2 pugs,then this last aeek she got ahold of them and admitted she has 3, so the contract was voided,first of all i don't know why she lied?secondly,they are just gonna go and stay in a hotel until they find another house! this is totally out of character for her,it sounds like some dumb shit i've done in the past,grr,i tell you i just don't know what's going on now,Bobbi just told me all this last nite,anyways all is o.k in paulysville,fleeting drinking thinking for some damn reason,but i think it out and want to gaga,luv ya all to bits,see ya later
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all,
                        sun we do treadmill for 30 minutes. I do the program with hills and hubbs just walks. We also have a personal trainer for now. Just to kick start hubbs since he was a nerd and not a jock he needed help. We will discontinue the trainer in March and do the weight machines ourselves. I like the gym because it gives me someplace to go. I have lots of exercise DVD's in the basement that I don't use..crazy I know..
                        There are several vegan/vegetarian restaurants around we just need to find them.....
                        Back to the yard sale..
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Morning....off to run errands

Comment

Hi guys, no complaints here except how do you like the saying beside our names "this user has no status"?

Having a great end of week and still a few more days of being alone and getting tons done. I love my dh, and we do lots and have fun, but it's just so much easier to do projects when all you have to think about is pretty much yourself. Know many of you have kids, jobs, etc. just a diff time in your life.

Opted out of golf today as took a lesson and game has been AWFUL as in no fun. Went to gym and used ET and TM, and am going to go up & practice golf, then on to decluttering boxes in garage. Have to do while motivation is there.

No drinks while dh is gone. We discussed prior to his trip, had already cut back and have decided to continue like that....not say never, just thinking of our health more. He's with 3 buddies making their way down to FL via golf stops so I know he is drinking, at least at night. He will more than likely be ready to be AF upon return. Bring that up as we all know it's easier when on same page.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

TMH
                            The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Reccy just reminded me - UK changes clocks this weekend - ours do not change until next weekend so we will all be pear shaped for a while ......

Also - does anyone have any idea why, after my 'I am' (and I have got happy) bit on the side, I still have a pencil showing - no-one else does..... once everyone else has put something - their pencil disappears ..... mine is still there .....
                              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I don't see a pencil Sun.
                                Just in from the grocery and errands..gonna flop for a bit

Comment

Working...
                                X