No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - October 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh goodie......get to drive home in a horrible thunderstorm......boohiss.
    The FBB's...that's us!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Come on Dottie - you know it would be more fun to be a FBB!!!!!!

Comment

Yes I was an FBB for decades....time for a change.....but maybe still be a particular sort of FBB given the right situation...
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Can a person be "denied" the choice to file bankruptcy? I am wondering this as my appointment is in 20 minutes....

And I am a proud member of the FBB Club!
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9 if you can understand this it might answer your question.
            Whether you're in need of debt consolidation services, bankruptcy advice, or something else, the team at Brian R. Cahn & Associates, LLC is here to help.
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

K9...I have no idea
              just got a text back from Nursie that things are tough but she's ok
              It took and hour and half to drive 15 miles to get home. Jeez! People are so weird when it rains.
              You'll be pleased to know that Old Lucky and Krack Kitty Dixie are chasing each other.....progress!
              Dots you can be a FBB when ever you want.

Comment

Ok went to lawyer. Total fee is $1,600 (his fee + filing fee), but it will erase $17,000 worth of debt and give me a clean slate. Thanks to my dad, I was able to pay it all up front, and now I will just pay him back. We are in a RUSH because I got sued (remember the Sheriff that knocked on my door at 6am a couple of weeks ago?), but since I was able to pay today, I will officially be in bankruptcy by next Friday and won't have to go to court, and they will (all) have to leave me alone now.
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9 - so glad that you were able to do this! ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Reccie - I ordered my Fitbit too. I know that I'll have nothing on Fen, Sun & Dots. Maybe you'll be my buddy??? ROTFL

Well - we were supposed to get some rain tomorrow evening. That has backed off and now it says Saturday. I'm like K9.......we might get 1/4 of an inch. We are in such a drought. Please rain. Maybe I should go out & do a rain dance???? Wouldn't the neighbors love that. LMAO

I'm sorry that I'm not going to respond to everyone tonight. My neck is much better but starting to ache again so I'm going to lay down on a pillow & rest it. I'll catch you all in the am or maybe from my Kindle tonight.

xxxxx
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Your saying says it all... It's finding the right combination to help each individual find sobriety..

I support sobriety. However it's found ! Life is a Gift
                    "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. " by Winston Churchill .

Comment

Dottie,

Luv UR avatar...it's suits UR name.

I support sobriety. I wish my son could ... Life is a Gift!
                      "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. " by Winston Churchill .

Comment

My best friend and I carved our jack 'o lanterns tonight...we've been doing this every year since 1990.

Cyclops and Skwerl. I will leave it to you to guess who did what jack 'o lantern.

Comment

My friend achieved a very cool look with the eye of her creation by inserting nails in the border. Last year, her jack 'o lantern had a fake lizard hanging out of its mouth, with a fake spider hanging off of its head.

Comment

Good morning all .... gosh it seems ages since I posted - where does the time go ?

MB - never heard of Zaxby's - must be a FL thing ...... and laughed at the dogs on the treadmill - yeah right. I did go on it yesterday after the chaps had finished putting it together and it is nice but I need to work out some of the bells and whistles on it. It really is more than I needed but I wanted one with a quiet motor so I could walk on it early while hubs is still asleep and quiet motor means bigger motor which means more expensive ! I am skipping the water aerobics this morning though with my daughter - I just feel I have done enough for now and my body wants a rest!! Especially seeing as she said it is a hard work out - I am not feeling too swift so am going to rest up a tad today.

Reccy and Nora - great that you have both ordered Fitbits! I am going to back off on the amount of exercising I am doing so I will be down there with you both! Once you get them, let us know so we can be 'friends'.

K9 - so sorry about the bankruptcy - must be just one more thing for you right now but at least it will give you a fresh start. I also think that Sierra moving to her dads will give you a fresh start in a different way - as I said in another post - the grass might not be greener on the other side as she has never actually lived there before - but just gone for visits. I am glad that you TTDP - it is way too easy to start the AL again - I speak from experience ! I did two days after the Antabuse and then got some Guinness ! I wish I could take it and not feel unwell - I suppose I could skip showering and washing my hair and eating - then I would be okay :welldone:

Nora - hope that you get the rain. I know how much of a drought you are in there - awful for everyone. And hopefully your neck is feeling better ?

Oh dear Dottie and Pauly on the weather for Halloween - hope you don't get rained out. I do not actually 'do' Halloween - have never liked it ...... where we live, one just doesn't turn the outside light on and then no-one knocks - but most of the street do not have their lights on. Anyway I hope that you both enjoy your evening ....

Dottie - laughed at the foster pup waking you so early - my dogs always wake me at 5.00 - I let them out and now I am not working so much, I go back to bed once they come in and hopefully sleep until 6.00 when I get up properly and feed them .... it took a little while for them to realise they were NOT being fed any more at 5.00, but even the days I do work, I do not feed them until 5.45 now so they are not used to being fed so early. Your foster must have come from a house like mine - I love getting up early and find I do most of my stuff before noon !! Mind you I am in bed really early too ....

Oh Reccy - they fixed the AC and of course now we are into the cold so don't need it. They charged $250 for half an hours work - I feel 'had'.

Have a great day everyone - I am off to the gym to see the trainer about a weights routine - got a freebie session with joining - so will do that then am going to run errands then come home and bake !! taking it easy today!

Hugs to all, Sun XXX
                            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Happy Halloween! What's on the radar for everybody tonight?

It's going to be chilly for trick-or-treaters here...it SNOWED last night! :cuss:

Comment

Hey all,jeez snow Fen?that sux for the kids,cute jack o lanterns,Happy Halloween to all that celebrate,k9,so glad for the bankruptcy,now you can breathe a bit,it's supposed to get cold here tomorrow,in the 60's i know people say thats not bad but for us Vegas people it is,i think yourtolerance for cold goes down after living here for a while,up early on a day off yet again,story of my life,but then i'd hate to slob in bed all day,it reminds me of drinking days,hope everyone has a great Friday,i'll be on/off most of the day
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X