No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - October 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunni - have a wonderful time. I've been thinKing abOut you.

Nursie - sending lots of positive thoughts your way
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Great to hear from you Nurise all the best.
      I'm still doing well, stress relief is showing results and chest pains are all gone and as a side bonus I have lost approx 17lbs since all this happened.
      She's here this week and we are discussing what happened and stuff, wedding is off and we are just going to play it a day at a time and be friends.
      New job starts Monday, looking forward to that and need to get some business type clothes today as all my other work clothes are pretty beat up.
      FT
      Last edited by Frequent Traveler; October 10, 2014, 12:51 PM.
      AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
      As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Huh. I still can't post pics here. That's pretty much a deal breaker for me.

Comment

FT I am so sorry about the relationship. Hope you find someone who will treat you with the consideration and love your deserve.
          fen I have no clue how to attempt to post a pic....tell me how and I will try...
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Quick check in
            Sorry I haven't had time to respond to all the emails and messages and calls. I have been in to see doctors and have tests almost every week.
            I don't know for sure the course of treatment until after the surgery and don't know which surgery until the brca gene comes back.
            What I do know is it's aggressive invasive ductal carcinoma her-2 positive with a score of 7 out of 9. Grade 2. Staging will be done at the time of surgery. They said likely a double mastectomy but minimally one mastectomy. There are several tumors, the largest is 2.5cm by 2.1.
            Monday I meet the plastic surgeon and Wednesday the oncologist.
            I'm staying positive and am still my sarcastic joking self but my tummy is upset and I haven't been eating much because of nerves.
            Day 1 again 11/5/19
            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Oh sweetheart. As everyone else has said, I wish I could do more but I'm sending you every ounce of my positive love and thoughts.. xxxxxxxx
              Last edited by Glass Half Empty; October 10, 2014, 10:49 PM.
              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Nursie, me too, sending positive energy and support!!
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Morning all,
                  Where is everyone???
                  Off to train club event. Already bought some things last night. Now if only dh would build something..I think this winter when the snow is flying we will go to the basement and work on it..otherwise it will never get done.....
                  Have a good one!!
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

:welldone::triumphant::applouse::cheerful:

Smileys are back!!!!
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

100_7858.JPG
                      Testing if I can upload a picture without using Photobucket.

Hello all - I got a flu shot yesterday and by the afternoon, I was not feeling well????? Very strange. Anyway, now my arm is bruised and swollen. She must have hit a muscle. Oh well - at least I feel better today.

Talked to my psych today and requested something for anxiety. So, I think things are beginning to look up. I also have an appointment with my therapist this afternoon. Don't I sound like I'm screwed up. ROTFL Anyway, I am feeling better. Ready to get on with my life.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all! Harvest is done! We finished last night just after 8 pm! The post harvest party started shortly after, and I was okay with the fact that I could join in and have as much fun as a non-drinker!

It is Thanksgiving Weekend in Canada, and I have much to be thankful for

Bubba and Hank!
                        My children, they are the greatest!
                        My friends here on MWO who understand how difficult this journey is!
                        The Lord above, for helping me everyday to fight this battle!
                        And myself, for accepting and being comfortable for what I am, a recovering alcoholic!

Nursie - I can't say much more that hasn't already been said, RA's to me, have to be among the strongest people on earth to face and deal with what we are going through each and every day! I know that this strength and courage will help you deal with all the difficulties that life throws at you, and we are always here for you whenever you need us

And so my stepper friends, greet each day with renewed strength and courage to fight the good fight, count your blessings and be grateful for them, and above all else, stay away from the bad stuff eh!!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

:yay: Cowboy - YAHOO!!!!! Great job on finishing the harvest. AND GREAT JOB ON AVOIDING THE ALCOHOL.
                          Thank you for the beautiful post you made.

I just received some more upsetting news. My cousin is in surgery for spinal stenosis. His neck has been hurting but he went to ER last night because he couldn't walk. It had reached the critical point that they needed to surgery immediately to try to avoid permanent damage. As they are running all the tests, they see that he has had a mild stroke at some point. Waiting to hear now. Last I heard he was still in surgery.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nursie, (((( )))))...I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Keep us updated. :heartbeat:

Comment

Nora, I am sorry about your cousin. Geez, a stroke.

I have been packing up the house with Mrs. Fen all day long. Our cat is freaking out.

Back in a bit.

Oh, Dottie...I LOST my fitbit! You are going to kick my butt this week.

Comment

OH NO fen....I had to put a tether on mine. I have almost lost it several times....Hope u find it...I will take kicking your butt any way I can...;-))
                                In for the evening then back to the train show tomorrow.
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X