No announcement yet.

Online Media Toolbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, since Pav isn't here to do the honors, here are a couple BubbleHour podcasts that deal with relapse:
    http://www.thebubblehour.com/2013/03...ion-tools.html
    http://www.thebubblehour.com/2014/10...-now-what.html
    And here is my (and I think maybe Narilly's) all time favorite BH podcast:
    http://www.thebubblehour.com/2014/04...-changing.html

Comment

Here's a UK doco that follows some young people getting old before their time.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

That's a tough but good one to watch, Mr. G. Thanks for putting the link here.

I've loved The Ballad of the Sad Young Men by Boz Scaggs for a long time but realized recently how much I've been listening to it over the last several somewhat stressful weeks. It is very sad and makes me tear up (or outright cry) when I listen to it but I think I'm especially drawn to it when I need to remind myself of how bleak my life had become. I feel the emptiness when I listen to it and while it's painful, I don't want to forget.

This is another version by Roberta Flack. The images that accompany the song capture the lyrics so well.

I'm not trying to bring people down - I feel sad for where I was and where so many still are but mostly grateful for where I am now when I listen to this. It helps keep me motivated not to go back, no matter what.

Comment

Thanks NS. Beautiful song. I don't think i've heard it before. I listened to Roberta Flack's version. Yes, let's wish sad young men and women don't become sad old men or women. We can turn it around. G

EDIT: Listening to Bozz's original. It's a cracker too.
          Last edited by Guitarista; January 11, 2015, 05:38 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Watched this last night...tough going at times but incredibly powerful and sensitively handled.

Brilliant, unflinching documentary on alcoholism by Kent film maker Paul Watson.Filmed in 2006 the film follows the lives of 4 people battling addiction in t...

Comment

Yes, that is a heavy doco Shambles. Thanks for posting it here.

Here is a doco made around 2004 on late 1960's/early 70's Irish football/soccer star George Best. He died in 2005 presumably from alcohol abuse aged about 60. He resumed drinking after a liver transplant. He talks about wanting company in the morning, and that a drink is that company. His is a familiar story, and a sad one.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Bump back to first page
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Time to bump this thread back up to the top...there's quite a bit of life-changing info in these links!

Here's a link to an exceptional TED TALK that NoSugar shared here recently. This speaker takes on the myth of 'drinking responsibly.' You can probably guess - Booze loses! Check it out for some thought-provoking facts.

Here's the link:

Aurelijus Veryga has a PhD in biomedicine sciences, is associate professor at Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, research worker at biomedicine resear...
                  Sober for the Revolution!
                  AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

This is a rather old book but provides a view of the causes of and treatments for addiction that are consistent with more recent data. He presents his arguments in 2 later position statements that are available here

Comment

Another cool TED talk. Posted by Turnagain in the newbies nest earlier. Thought i'd log it here too.

Enjoy.

(NOTE: Some of the findings presented in this talk have been referenced in an ongoing debate among social scientists about robustness and reproducibility. Read "Corrections & Updates" below for more details as well as Amy Cuddy's response.) Body language affects how others see us, but it may also change how we see ourselves. Social psychologist Amy Cuddy argues that "power posing" -- standing in a posture of confidence, even when we don't feel confident -- can boost feelings of confidence, and might have an impact on our chances for success.

Comment

Here are another 30 interviews with recovery practicioners associated with the recent recovery 2.0 online conference run in the U.S.A. by ex addict and yoga teacherTommy Rosen. Free viewing until end of this weekend.

I've watched 4 of them and i reckon they are very much worth a look/listen. From trauma recovery discussions to yoga, meditation, mindfulness, relapse discussions etc. A Holistic angle. Requires email sign up.

If you're struggling this weekend, dig in.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                          Here are another 30 interviews with recovery practicioners associated with the recent recovery 2.0 online conference run in the U.S.A. by ex addict and yoga teacherTommy Rosen. Free viewing until end of this weekend.

I've watched 4 of them and i reckon they are very much worth a look/listen. From trauma recovery discussions to yoga, meditation, mindfulness, relapse discussions etc. A Holistic angle. Requires email sign up.

If you're struggling this weekend, dig in.

http://tommyroseno.ontraport.com/c/s...NkW/vP3VtlFxXg
                          I've listened to about 6 of these talks and I highly recommend them too!!. I especially liked Dr. Lipton and Gurucharan. Tommy Rosen is a great speaker too..

Comment

I really appreciate this thread! I enjoy reading the blogs, especially "Mrs. D goes without"! Thanks!

Comment

Hi, LastTime

Mrs. D. and Unpickled have gotten so many people psyched up to free themselves from this addiction. I check in with both of them now and then when I need a reminder of why I'm doing what I'm doing.

How are you doing? Have you introduced yourself in the Newbies Nest? You'd be welcome to join in there if you'd like - it's a great place go get this DONE!

All the best, NS
                              Last edited by NoSugar; February 19, 2015, 03:32 PM.

Comment

An interview with Anne Lamott - so many ideas to think about here:https://medium.com/foreword/w-a-t-c-h-be1a0b70368e.

Comment

Working...
                                X