Online Media Toolbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this. 13 min TED talk.

Why are some able to transcend their addiction while others are not? What do people really need to escape the shame of their addiction and achieve sustained...

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks G, that was interesting.
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Excellent 15 min. TED talk from 2015 on addiction and connection. This fella hits the nail on the head for me. Thanks to Londoner for posting this on another thread.

Visit http://TED.com to get our entire library of TED Talks, transcripts, translations, personalized talk recommendations and more.What really causes addicti...

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Thanks for bumping up this thread, G. I was looking for it earlier.

Comment

I liked this film, too, dealing with addiction..

Mike Weiss (Chris Evans) is a talented young Houston lawyer and a functioning drug addict. Paul Danziger (co-director Mark Kassen), his longtime friend and p...

Comment

Good link, Behan. Tolle's work has been really helpful for me, too.

Comment

You got me going on ET! Here is the full Power of Now audiobook: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u1j-CQP6lmw

Comment

Short, clear explanation of dopamine's role in addiction with a poignant personal story, too: http://www.drugabuse.gov/nida-tv/dir...rks-interviews

Comment

bump for Daisy..:hug:

Comment

Here's a short 3.30 min. video where a fella talks about the changes in his life living sober. I just like his words.

Note: If you want to overcome addiction then inspiration and motivation may get your started, but it is not enough to keep you going... Please do try to spe...

Comment

Originally posted by j-vo View Post
                        I bookmarked this page:http://cathytaughinbaugh.com/75-amaz...ry-blogs-2015/ Lots of good reading.
                        Thanks, J-Vo!

Comment

This isn't about alcohol per se but addiction is addiction: Chasing Heroin | FRONTLINE | PBS.

Comment

Here's a well researched and spoken vid on sugar, obesity, addiction and how it all ties together bio chemically. Thanks Mary for the upload.

YouTube

Comment

I can't find the Dr Kelly bubble hour thing, the link doesn't work anymore?
                              One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Comment

Try this Madonna. You may have to sign in to iTunes. Dr kelly's podcast is in there if you scroll down the episodes.

The Bubble Hour by The Bubble Hour on iTunes

Comment

Working...
                                X