December Undies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rags View Post
    Ummm, not trying to be a smart arse, but Lord Buddha said it first.

Not by hatred are hatreds ever pacified here (in the world). They are pacified by love. This is the eternal law.
    Dhammapada: Pairs, verse 5

so.be.it.
    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
    Mother Theresa

Comment

Sooooo..... here's a few Nicey words - straight from the heart.

Hatred is diminished by love. Keep loving, until you shouldn't. You'll know when to stop.

Peace, comfort, love.
      Mother Theresa

Comment

I've got siege fatigue. Mr. Cakes' new office looks onto Martin Place, his building was locked down so I've had this gnawing anxiety for 2 days now. I feel so so sad for the victims & their families, but I really think that this situation has & will bring our communities & all the different religions closer. It has to....I love this city.
        Rags I'd love to grab a coffee on Thursday, I'll have the monkeys with me (school hols) Are you coming North or am I heading city bound? And is Missy available?
        Last edited by A Better Me; December 16, 2014, 12:59 AM.
        Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Comment

Hello Cakes.
          Tomorrow is out, so Thursday will be good.
          I can come North if you'd like, as long as I can park my car somewhere.
          Did you get my pm?

Comment

Bugger,
            Didn't realise I had to clear backlog of sent messages before new ones can be sent.
            Have pm'd you a couple of times plus Tawny.
            No wonder no responses.....

Will try again.

Comment

Cakes - I totally get your anxiety and I'm sooo glad to see good stuff come out of this tragedy.

Rags - I've not received any PMs.

Off to Christmas Dinner with the blokes from the local Men's Shed. Should be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by A Better Me View Post
                I've got siege fatigue. Mr. Cakes' new office looks onto Martin Place, his building was locked down so I've had this gnawing anxiety for 2 days now. I feel so so sad for the victims & their families, but I really think that this situation has & will bring our communities & all the different religions closer. It has to....I love this city.
                Rags I'd love to grab a coffee on Thursday, I'll have the monkeys with me (school hols) Are you coming North or am I heading city bound? And is Missy available?

AAAARRRGGGHHH!
                Frustration time.
                I've deleted heaps of pm's so I only have about 70 in each, yet I still can't get a pm to you re tomorrow.
                Kooka, if you could contact Missy, she has my mobile number so you can contact me and we can arrange where and when to meet tomorrow.
                Looking forward to it.

Comment

the whole thing is shocking. spent all morning correcting re dick u lass posts on face book re: Muslims and xenophobia in general.
                  i love people just share a catchy banner with an aussie flag, the dont think or even read it most the time. heaven forbid the look into the "quote" to see if it was even said or by that person. had a mate share a rant about the legal system, berating the judges and the like, but the pic was a man in traditional Muslim dress...WTF?

Comment

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Amazing fun, Mr G - ta!

Morning Undies!
                      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Hello Dreamy!

I love that clip G!!

Happy - how is your radiotherapy going? Will it be finished before Xmas??

Tawny - what an honour to be invited to the Men's Shed lunch!!!

Just one more day of work to go!! I've made a list of things to be done over the next week, and they are all very domestic and relaxing ........ walking, swimming, cleaning the house, making another Xmas cake as Mr B has already eaten the first one :eek-new:. My pile of unread books is quite big and I'm trying to decide which to read first. Cant decide between "The Valley of Amazement" by Amy Tan, Julia Gillard's "My Story" or Richard Flanagan "The Road to the Deep North". What is everyone else planing on doing to relax over the next couple of weeks?

I had wanted to comment on some of the weekend comments but didn't get time before it got deleted. But I wanted to say that I like this thread, I go to other threads when I need other stuff, but no I don't want to migrate to Facebook.

Sleep well all undies ...... I'm off to listen to the ABC and fall asleep!!
                        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Rags - - if you are no longer a subscriber you can only have 100 messages in total across both inbox and outbox.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Behaving View Post
                            Rags - - if you are no longer a subscriber you can only have 100 messages in total across both inbox and outbox.
                            Just back from RFS trg.
                            Well, that's a pain in the bum Missy, thanks for letting me know.
                            I guess tomorrow isn't going to happen with Kooka.
                            Another time perhaps.

Will delete more tomorrow.

Comment

I'm going to have a rant.

You all know about the uncertainty about my employment. Which was supposed to have been resolved in the last 10 days. Today, at 11:30, on the last working day, we get a "Change Management Document" which declares my boss redundant, and says to the rest of us that our employmnet will cease when our contract comes up (which is my case is February). Do I believe the email that I got not 10 days ago, or the document (issued as per the collective) that came out today????

Oh, and the covering email said "If you have any questions, dont hesitate to call us" ......... like when????? On Xmas Day????? So I can ruin your holiday like you just ruined mine???

I had just started to feel better and now I feel like crying again

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Ooooh Missy.......oh.my.goodness!
                                Mother Theresa

Comment

Working...
                                X