No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - December 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there MB - what is with the lalala thing? If no-one else wants the Topa, I will have it - is the expiration date okay? I keep saying I am going to start it again .....

Nora - good to see you .....

Dottie - sorry about the lady from church .... that was quite fast wasn't it ? Gosh you must all be quite sad with yet another death .... how are you holding up ?

Lizanne - I will PM you as to what I do - I don't like giving out that much info on here as it could be pretty obvious where I work if I say what I do ... maybe I am being paranoid but that is just me .... give me a minute then check your PM's .... And no, the fact that I drank makes no difference to me today - I do not drink much - and last night had three .... well, yesterday late afternoon, and had stopped by 6.30 or so. I did take the AB this morning ....

Hugs, Sun XXX
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

cross post Kradle ..... how long is Matt home for ?
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

YAY Kradle!!!! I am so glad he is home.
        Sunny - text or pm me your address
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I just say lalalalalalalala when no one else has been on.....being silly

Comment

Have PM'd you ...... THANK YOU XX

Comment

home eating dinner with two kitties staring at me.....YAY
              off to watch Call the Midwife
              tired tonight

Comment

sun I am doing well. I met with the family today so i feel good about that since I knew her better than most of the others with the exception of the last fellow. I have most of it arranged for Friday.
                I am tired but just need to pace myself.
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hey Nora, I've missed you.

Thanks for,the pm sunny I didn't mean to pry.

Mama you are so silly. Does Dixie go,out during the day or at night?

Kradle, hope that whole,tooth thing works,out.

Dottie, how are you holding up?

So the house needs a new roof :sad:. We had our first estimate tonight. The guy was here for 3 hours.!!!!! I'm so wound up now, I hope I can sleep. The quote was pricey to say the least! Always something, and this is a huge something! The price included a 50 year warranty, seriously?

Off to try and calm down. Sweet dreams.

Comment

Well back in definitely more than a bit!

Thanks for all the well wishes. I has been a fantastic visiti am just so thankful he is doing so well.! He's back to the ranch Wednesday...:sad: but he's determined to go the distance.

I did feel Badly though tonight because we let him create a new FB page ( you wouldn't have wanted to see his old one...:egad and some of the young men who had graduated posted pics of bongs and weed and said they had relapsed...we are going to deal with it in therapy. He's pissed. ..really made me think of us though..when one if goes off, relapses , struggles. Difference is our age I think. We might actually be in a better position because we are older ...have experience in this area as opposed to being 18 again with a little money in the pocket and some wind in our sails!!

Anyway, I'm going to miss him enormous amounts. I'll stay strong.
                    Love you all. Sweet dreams all.
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Good morning everyone ... Kradle, I think you are dealing with Matt - the way that you dealt with it totally that is, really well ! I think he is so lucky to have you two as his parents - although he might not appreciate it now, I am sure he will when he gets older ..... sorry I missed your Skype - I do not have the volume on, on the computer unless I am actually on it .....

Lizanne - you were not prying - I was fine with it ! It is sort of hard to explain on here though isn't it ? The whole thing I mean ..... and I am SO sorry about the new roof - wow, I know how expensive they are as we had to have ours replaced last year 'cos of hail damage - but insurance covered ours - laughed at the 50 year warranty - we bought a new bed recently and were told it had a 25 year warranty and I smiled to myself and thought 'well, that is the last one we need to buy then .....' you are getting a number of quotes aren't you - and check out the company with the BBB too !! Sorry - obviously you will do all that and more !!! LOL :happy2:

MB - hope you enjoyed Call the Midwife - I did enjoy that show ...

Dottie - I really feel for you with your folk dying .... hang in there and I hope Friday goes okay ..... so sad.

Off to take my AB and to get ready for work ..... have a great day everyone - and ho to anyone I have missed.

hugs, Sun XX

Comment

I slept till 8 and pulled a Nora and was a whole 5 minutes late to work!
                        I hate that , though, b/c I feel out of sorts all day.
                        K9 - where are you?
                        and I miss Fenny.....
                        I am enjoying Call the Midwife.....I hope there is more than three seasons
                        we are making the boys stay home tonight to watch the 50th anniversary of Rudolph the red Nose Reindeer with us....they are rolling their eyes, but they are humoring us
                        It is in the 40's here....cold for us!
                        bye.....................

Comment

Quick post before I read back. I was off yesterday, remember I had my bankruptcy court? Anyways that's OVER. Yahooooo!
                          Hope everyone's been well...will read back now!!
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Morning all,
                            Off to have lunch with a gal from the dog rescue that we got the last 2 dogs from. She wants me to help her with some IT kinds of things. Should be interesting. Glad I am retired.
                            I feel refreshed today. I am on my own time and get to do what i want today. Going to leave dh at home...need to find some black sneakers to wear when we do the funeral things...so long on my feet and my flat dressy shoes are not comfy for very long.
                            K9 I am glad it is over for you now move forward with lessons learned and enjoy life without all those worries.
                            I miss fen too..tried to email but no response.....I hate it when folks drift off....miss them..
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Ok I read back even though people here have the NERVE to come to me expecting me to attend to work things! LOL

First, Kradle, I am SO HAPPY that Matt is home, even for a short time. I saw my Sierra on Sunday night and we had a lovely dinner at the Olive Garden (although expensive). Oh I miss her so much, but I am picking her up Thursday night and she will stay through Sunday. So I can totally understand how HAPPY you are to have your boy with you. Were some of the boys posting their relapses from the Ranch? That would be hard for him to see. Although we as alkies do understand the nature of relapse....

I have decided to go sober without AB this time. I have found out that I am one of those rare people that can actually drink while taking it...I mean with NO side effects...so why take unnecessary mediciine? Yesterday my sister drove me to bankruptcy court and we went to lunch and we had a really good talk. She thinks she drinks too much too. We were talking about how alcoholism is pretty rampant in our family. She says she feels guilty after drinking. Plus she has pancreatis and is not supposed to drink AT ALL. I've never heard her admit that she tells herself that she's not gonna drink then does anyway. So it was kinda nice to be able to open up to her about how hard it is for me and for her to understand. I think we may have opened up a door that will help keep me sober....

Anyway, enough about me! Dots - Sorry you lost another friend! It's so hard to start losing people we care about!

Mama - Glad Dixie called out to you and you found her. I attempted to take a nap yesterday but Forrest barked his dang head off for 2 hours!!! And then of course as soon as I got up he went sound asleep and looked so angelic...I thought about poking him with pins just so he couldn't sleep either! LOL j/k I am enjoying Call the Midwife too! I also have been watching Criminal Minds...that show is disturbing sometimes.

I hate to say that today is day 1 for me, despite the heart to heart with my sister. I am determined though. I threw everything out and I know I can do it, I've done it before.

Heya Pauly, Liz, Sunni, FT, Reccie and everyone else...I miss Fenny too!

Anyways back later...the Fire Department is using our conference room for Haz Mat training today so I'm looking forward to some eye candy.
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9 - is the bankruptcy final??
                                I am SO glad you were able to talk to your sister. And what are the odds of being immune to AB??? I sure wasn't....yes, YOU can do it!!!!
                                Is Criminal Minds on Netflix??

phone is ringing...bye

Comment

Working...
                                X