G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Good morning from the beach pad. day fkn 8. Feeling good. Keeping tabs on the heartstrings being gently tugged. :thumbs:

School and work combo today. But first......gym, bag, run, swim.

Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Yo! W'dup pilgrim?

Day 9 and i'm a beginnin' to shine. yeah! great day and evening of school and work yesterday. Today? Gym, bag, run, meet a mate for lunch, make music. New potential love interest returns from her trip tonight. Should see where she at next couple of days. I of course hope she wants another date, but i've been gearing my mind up for no expectations, so i'm feeling confident that there'll be no big stress for me if she decides not to follow through. I will wish her well and be damn grateful for a couple of fab dates.

Edit: Just popped AB tab. Last one was sunday, so dropping em every 3 days so far. No drinks for Gman for next couple of weeks.

Take it easy out there. Let's git it!
      Last edited by Guitarista; June 20, 2017, 07:09 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
        No drinks for Gman
        :thumbsup:
        Last edited by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB); June 21, 2017, 04:07 AM.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

The best of the best of good mornings to you from the humble but structurally sound beach pad.

G'day Tabbers. How are you mate?

Day fkn 10! Oh Yeah! Heard from the new love interest yesterday. The vibe sounds good, so looks like we'll at least meet up again, not sure when, or if in date mode, but looks like she hasn't written me off just yet lol.

What's on today? gym, bag, run, swim, make music.

Git it!
          Last edited by Guitarista; June 21, 2017, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Things sound very good in G-Land. Have a great one!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Things are indeed good here Techie. Hope you're travelling well.

The best of the best of good mornings to you pilgrim. Napping nacho eating nano nuns! it's freakin day 11. and i'm in heaven. Had a nice phone convo with the new bird late last night. I waited for her to suggest another date (or not). And............she popped the question. 'i'm free sunday night, would you like to go out'. And...'i'd like to see you'. OMG. :happy2: Of course, she had to wait a few minutes while i checked my social calendar. Cool bananas! She said...'let's see how things go eh?' Mighty fine by me.

Keeping on the straight and narrow and keeping my emotional equilibrium balanced is my focus. keeping a positive mind set and physical exercise is a big part of that. Antabuse in the background is quietly helping me hum along so far. Today? Gym, bag, run, swim, make music. Yeah!

Let's git it.
              Last edited by Guitarista; June 22, 2017, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Good morning friend. Day fkn 12.

Below is an extract from what i reckon is an excellent pdf/book put out by some kosher looking USA drug and booze folks. first published in 2007. It's also a work book that asks you to write some stuff. (Thanks to Ab fab cowboy for the reference a few weeks or so ago). The link to the whole book is -

'The book teaches specifc coping skills for relapse prevention, general life skills, and skills to improve health.
                To create your comprehensive relapse prevention plan you will need to complete:
                • A clear commitment statement and written life goals for the year ahead with compelling reasons for each goal
                • A stress inventory with strategies
                • A guilt and shame inventory with strategies
                • A de ned support network with strategies for connection
                • A clear boundary-setting plan
                • A communications skill improvement plan
                • An exercise, recreation, and social activity plan
                • A cues and a craving management plan
                • A detailed schedule of daily activities for your rst three months following withdrawal management (detox) and/or attendance at rehab
                The relapse prevention plan components are based on research about what causes relapse and what reduces the risk of relapse. Relapse is a return to using drugs and alcohol at the level of using that existed prior to the period of abstinence. Experts in relapse prevention found relapse is not generally triggered by physical cravings. People, who have been addicted to alcohol and drugs of all types, relapse in response to: stress, feelings of anxiety, fear, anger, frustration or depression; social pressures to use; and interpersonal con icts (Marlatt, & Gordon, 1985, 2005).'

Makes sense and great reading.

In other news..........YouTube

Let's git it.

Comment

The best of the best of good mornings to all pilgrims!

Day 13. It's the day it all turns around. The warrior has arisen and i am taking no prisoners. Date night tonight, and looking forward to it, but my oh my she is a flighty one. Like i used to be lol.

Reclaim your precious life my friend. Yes, i'm talking to you over there in the cheap seats, back row on the left.

The plan today? Gym closed and good to rest from weights and bag, so it's a run, some pull ups on the monkey bars at the beach, a few push ups, some sprints on the sand, finishing with an enlightening dip in the fkn freezing water. Band rehearsal follows after lunch which doubles as a great social event, then a date in the evening. Not a bad day in my book.

Let's git it.

Comment

Hey My Darling Mr G - Day 13!!! Awesome. Great job on using the antabuse! I used it to get me thru some hard times.

Thank you for posting that relapse prevention info. Good stuff there.
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
                      Hey My Darling Mr G - Day 13!!! Awesome. Great job on using the antabuse! I used it to get me thru some hard times.

Thank you for posting that relapse prevention info. Good stuff there.
                      Hiya Nora. Thanks. Yep, it's a great pdf/book. Abcowboy posted it a few weeks ago and when i read it, i thought it was really useful as it is simple and practical and the interactive stuff via the workbook gets you to take action, not just have a browse.

Hope you're having a nice weekend. Here's a tune for you.........YouTube
                      Last edited by Guitarista; June 24, 2017, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Oh my goodness - I couldn't stop laughing when I saw what popped up. Thank you - that made my day. :rotlf: :harhar: :rotlf:
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] - I missed your post about the pdf. Glad that I caught it over here. Thank you!
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Evening from salon G. Day freakin 14! The feeling's good.

Popped another AB earlier, so no boozing for g fella for next couple of weeks. 3rd date last night. We had an amazing time. It was a late start, but we caught a great dixieland jazz band in a local bar by chance and the music was perfect. Well, perfect for her, so perfect for me lol. Selecting the oysters from the bar menu later in the night proved to be a smart choice. The passion level went up a notch, and if she ain't up for another date, then those longing looks, wide eyed smiles, her suggestions of lets go 'there' one night, and 'maybe there another time', that i saw and heard last night and have seen in Hollywood movies over time, well i'll be very bamboozled. She told me she had some convo's about dating an older fella like me to some friends (she's mid 30's), and was advised that who knows if there's a tomorrow, so go with it if you're digging it. She reckons this advice has helped her perspective on dating me, which translates as more dating is likely - hehe i'm a lucky man.

Anyway, she's keen to meet again. We could be on for next saturday night. I'm liking this so far, and so is she. Going with the flow, one day at a time. No expectations, no stress. She is a mighty fine woman. :heartbeat:
                            Last edited by Guitarista; June 26, 2017, 04:06 AM.

Comment

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." ~Mark Twain

Happy for you, G! Don't over-think things. Just go with the flow!

I have a good friend who married a man 25 years her senior. He was the love of her life! I know she doesn't regret a minute of it.
                              Last edited by dill; June 26, 2017, 06:01 AM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks Dill. That's really cool. Wise words in going with the flow, and i reckon that's the best approach here. I mean, what else is my heart doing right now? Fk all, so i might as well open it up and let her in. It'll be an unforgettable experience no matter what happens and i'm cool with that. What's that saying? 'better to have loved, than never loved at all'. It's interesting as i reflect on emotions, feelings, thinking. A couple of weeks ago, this new romance thing was very new and i remember thinking maybe i should just close the door on this new experience as i might get bruised emotionally, so let's just go back to boozing. Bjaysus! That was my negative thinking, or part of what i was thinking. Another part of me was thinking.....'hey pal, go with it because who fkn knows what will happen? you're enjoying her company aren't you? So stop trying to apply rules, expectations, schedules on the whole thing and go with the flow'. Glad to say i went with this approach and giving her heaps of room is paying off.

It's hard to know where this thing is going as she's recently single after a couple of long relationships, and wants to find/explore herself with travel and some new adventures in the next year. I totally get this and i'm totally encouraging her to get out there and live, do her own thing and not to worry about me. Our date really did feel like the closeness and affection ramped up to another level which was real nice. It will be interesting to see how things pan out from here. As much as i love her company and would be sad to see her go off travelling for months on end and maybe never come back, i am not greedy and won't try to impose any restrictions or sulk/throw a tantrum etc. lol. There are no ties either way at this point. My attitude is i support her all the way with whatever she decides to do, and if she goes away and comes back, or doesn't come back, that's how it's meant to be and that is ok. I'm writing this out more for me to process things i suppose, so apologies for the romance waffle.

Settled and quietly energised here on Day 15. Warriors......Let's git it!

Comment

Working...
                                X