G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Top of the sunday morning to you pilgrim from the beach pad.

In work today and all's well here. Raawkin.

Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Have a GREAT Sunday, G-Man. BTW, I was looking for the link you provided (4-5 yrs ago, YIKES) to some of yer music!? You can always PM me. Thanks.
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Top of the monday morning from the beach pad, as featured in August Vogue and July Cosmopolitan magazines 2014.

Grey and cloudy here, but mild weather becoming somewhat balmy through the week. Relishing today off after working 7 days straight. It was a great week of work though. I enjoyed it. Just reflecting, if i was hungover, i can see a few situations during the week would've been handled by me less than favourably and with a noticeably ordinary attitude. Instead, i was sharp, focused, quick and happy to take action and address a situation. This made me smile inside and out, along with everybody else around me/working with me. Wowza! Such a simple equation. When i don't drink, i allow myself to SHINE! This simple principle applies to ALL of us here.

Take it easy and go git it pilgrim.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

The best of the best of good tuesday mornings to you valued reader, and former self abusing drinker.

What's that? You drank to zone out and escape, not to abuse yourself? Ok. The desire and need to escape is normal and real, but we don't have to do it with poison. Because that hurts us and kills us.

In school today. Yeah! Today is World mental health day. There will likely be events and info in your town somewhere, so check it out and take care of yourself.

Sadhana = daily practice done. Every day for over 30 days now. The Yogi's have deduced from 5000 years of trial and error that 40 days of such/any practice will likely forge a new habit/routine. Have ordered my flying carpet for the big day. Over 40 days on the AF front and raaaawkin it.

Gratefulness, perspective, daily action. L8tr Yo!
          Last edited by Guitarista; October 9, 2017, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Ah G-man - you sound really good. And made me smile. Thank you!
            Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

The pleasure's all mine Marylou!

Top of the wednesday morning to you pilgrims from the beach pad. Building a strong foundation here with my Sadhana (daily spiritual practice = yoga, meditation first thing, then run and/or gym soon after). It's simply turning up for myself every morning. This has a ripple effect, because it also means that i turn up for others. Registered for the melbourne marathon this sunday. The 10k not the 42k. I want to try the half marathon at some stage. A marathon would sure be a blast, but id need to build up properly for that one. I'm running regularly, but not long distances so a 10k will be fine, but i'd def need to train a program for longer distances. Maybe down the track. Down the track.....get it? :congratulatory:

Day *&^%! and the feeling's gooooood. Let's git it G dude!

Comment

Courtesy of N.A.

I understand this and it's where i'm currently at. (Some 12 step references, and nothing wrong with that)

October 11

Eyeglasses and attitudes

“Our best thinking got us into trouble.... Recovery is an active change in our ideas and attitudes.”

Basic Text, p. 55

––––=––––

In active addiction, the world probably looked like a horrible place. Using helped us tolerate the world we saw. Today, however, we understand that the world’s condition wasn’t really the problem. It was our ideas and attitudes about the world that made it impossible for us to find a comfortable place in it.

Our attitudes and our ideas are the eyeglasses through which we see our lives. If our “glasses” are smudged or dirty, our lives look dim. If our attitudes aren’t well focused, the whole world appears distorted. To see the world clearly, we need to keep our attitudes and ideas clean, free of things like resentment, denial, self-pity, and closed-mindedness. To insure our vision of life is in focus, we have to bring our ideas in line with reality.

In addiction, our best thinking kept us from clearly seeing either the world or our part in it. Recovery serves to correct the prescriptions in our attitudinal eyewear. By stripping away our denial and replacing it with faith, self-honesty, humility, and responsibility, the steps help us see our lives in a whole new way. Then the steps help us keep our spiritual lenses clean, encouraging us to regularly examine our ideas, our attitudes, and our actions.

Today, seen through the clean lenses of faith and recovery, the world looks like a warm, inviting place to live.

––––=––––

Just for today: I will view the world and my life through the clean spiritual lenses of my program.

Comment

Going to have to check into the Sadhana, G. It seems to be working! Have a bewdy, mate!

Comment

G-man, what a great post! Thanks.

Comment

Top of the thursday morning to pilgrims on the pilgrimage to pilgrimsville!

Check it out Mr V. Turning up for myself daily/first thing every morning is the purpose with the idea to kick off my day in the most open and honest way possible.

Yo Snoopy! W'dup!

The sun's a' shining right now, maybe a few clouds later. the feeling's real good here in my heart and soul. Optimistic and relaxed. energetic, open hearted and open minded. Gig this saturday night and another booked 2 weeks later. That's what i'm talking about. Melbourne marathon event 10k run 7;30 a.m. sunday, so if i pull a chick saturday night i might be in trouble. Yeah, that's a big problem G man ya doodyhead!

I was thinking yesterday, i haven't had the feeling or negative thoughts to 'abuse' myself (get smashed) these last couple of weeks. My mind set has been really 'for me' not against me. Not sure why or how yet, but i'll take that. I reckon part of it is my recent mini romance gave me a boot up the arse a little re living a fuller truer to me life. I want to be my best self. Partly to impress this woman, which might not be the best motivation, but i'll go with it for now! But also partly because i am realising and understanding that hey G dude......why not just fkn go for your dreams mate? Stop fecking around. No fear, just action. Yeah, that's it.

Take it easy out there. :llama:

Comment

The best of the best of good saturday mornings to you from the beach pad.

Sunny and around 18C today. Noice. Gig tonight with my band. Oh yeah! Melbourne marathon 10k run early tomorrow. So eventful weekend for the fella from the south. I'm gonna enjoy it. Off for an easy run along the beach in the gentle sun in a minute after hanging out the laundry. Rice veggies and fish for breakfast and probably lunch after cooking a big pot of it this morning. Carbs and protein energy for Sundays run.

Living sober wins over everything hands down. No contest, no argument, no wishing for this or that. Sober living brings natural balance, or at least shows you it's available and possible. Feeling real good generally. Looking good, walking tall, smiling and laughing more readily and easily. I bet i'm hardly ever frowning or tensing up in the face or shoulders. No-one cares what i do really. It's up to me in the end. People don't give a hoot if i'm kicking arse or disappear into the abyss. of course friends will care, but ultimately it's my life. there is hardly any fear in me these days. I know with sobriety, i will always land on my feet. I might as well just freakin go for it and.............SHINE!

You can too. L8tr.

Comment

Sounding good Mr G :thumbsup:
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Thanks KT. Hope you had a nice weekend mate.

Monday morning at the beach pad. Grey skies at the moment but lots of sunshine forecast later and 27C! Pulled up well after yesterdays 10k run. It was easier than i thought as i hadn't really put a lot of K's on the road too consistently of late. Maybe that was the trick, don't overtrain. A lot to be said for that. Great gig saturday night with my band. Only a few hours sleep before sundays run at 7.30 a.m. so the ladies had to take a back seat lol.

Homework, finishing bands album and visiting family on the agenda today after gym/run on beach and dip in the bay. Morning Sadhana ritual done already of course. take it easy out there and get some self loving in.

Let's git it!

Comment

Yo W'dup!

Mini major milestone coming up tomorrow. Walking the talk. Let's git it pilgrim.

Comment

Gonna put yet another notch in your belt, eh Mr. G?! You definitely rock!:thumbsup:
                                Last edited by dill; October 17, 2017, 06:35 PM.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X