G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Yes Satz. I am completely free to be my nutter self unhindered by the sauce!

I hope your young man is going okay.
    Last edited by Guitarista; February 18, 2018, 06:30 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hola y'all,

Day 174! Oh yeah. Good sleep after a busy shift at work last night. I was knackered when i got home, along with feeling a little fluey. Happy to report i'm feeling as good as gold this tuesday morning and flu free. Another shift at work today and the feeling's goooood.

Go git it pardner.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Day 175, but i never been one fo' countin.

Comment

Day 176. Popped a cheeky AB yesterday as a back up. First one for a couple of months. Just found out old GF is single, and me little heart went all a flutter haha. (AB a good move!) But i don't have my hopes up. It's just that i work with her, so it's a little hard sometimes as she's pretty cute. I sure ain't waiting around or relying on anything to happen though, so all ok there. I do have a grip on reality, it's just that...........well i admit there is a little candle that still flickers. just some thoughts. I'm not over thinking, projecting wishful outcomes or anything.

Edit: Feeling all of the above though is okay. Overall i'm really good. I'm very aware now of my emotional balance and so i'm not allowing it to be affected, or dwelling on what might or might not be. It's all cool. Sitting with my feelings and not blocking them out. Allowing them to be, and to wash over me and leave/come and go of their own accord. The only thing i am careful not to do, is attach and dwell on such thoughts. Then i've got a problem! haha.

Take it easy. Off for a run and a swim.
          Last edited by Guitarista; February 21, 2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Day freakin 177. Alright pilgrim!

Top of the friday morning to ya. A couple of observations about getting sober and living life. Living life G bloke? What the fk do u mean? Well friend, i mean embracing your life dumb ass. Hey! I thought putting yourself down/negative self talk was damaging. You're right dumb ass. It is.

This morning i'm off to a meeting with the org i'm returning to volunteer with. I used to run a music program there one arvo a week, and am going back now i have some time to do it again. They already run an arts program, and music floats in and out and around/with that. There's a volunterr singing teacher who's been working there and another guitarist, so will be good to meet them and say - 'no dumb asses, do it THIS way!' Just joking! Looking forward to joining in and having some fun. I'm also putting more time and effort into another community project of mine which is getting good response when i push it. All of this is thoroughly ENJOYABLE for me. It gives me a sense of achievement and self worth. Giving is receiving. I could not feel this good and almost balanced if i was drinking. No way would this stuff be happening. Anything really is possible. Find your passion and follow the damn thing!

#followurpassiondumbass

Comment

Yo! W'dup.

Day 178. Work today. Chatting to a cute smart lady online. Hmm, we'll see where that goes.

Let's git it.

Comment

Top of the sunday morning to you pilgrim from the beach pad.

Day 179 it is to be sure it was. Working today and the feeling's good. I've been told by work i have been underpaid (my estimate appx. a buck an hour) since 2012 and they'll rectify this immediately. Looks like a few bucks coming my way, nice. I betchya this wouldn't have been noticed or overlooked had i been boozing. Just the way the universe works sometimes. When you are living your truth with genuine intent (ditch boozing), doors tend to open. A few slam in your face still, sure, but more will open has been my experience. There's a hot chick working with me today too. Mighty fine, mighty fine. What am i gonna complain about? Nuthin!

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Top of the morning friends.

Well, today is 180 days booze free for me. That's 6 months! I have been trying to hit 6 months for the last 7 years. WTF?! Time really does fly. Sheesh, a bloke at work just returned from 8 months travel. It seems like 4 weeks ago that he left. All we have is today. I can only live for today, and plan for tomorrow today (with the caveat and disclaimer that i don't really know if tomorrow will even come!).

I am pretty impressed. You know something? I reckon meeting that woman last year and having that mini romance did me the world of good. Sure, i got a little heartbroken when she moved on, but over those couple of months she (unwittingly) made me look at myself and my potential. That effect has lasted and i think propelled me along to 6 months sober living and beyond. She has reminded me just through her examples of living and hanging out with her, to LIVE. Embrace life, to get out there and go git it!

There are heaps of great examples here at MWO too, of people embracing life in all sorts of adverse conditions and living sober, no matter what, no matter where, no matter who. So this joint continues to be an important part of my life. The connection is really something.

So here i am, 6 months sober today. Happy, strong, emotionally stronger, more relaxed and balanced. Here i stand - gittin it.

I'm gonna fire up the Lama. Ride on!

:llama:

Comment

Congrats mr G :applause: Awesome stuff!

Comment

HUGE congratulations on SIX MONTHS, G-Master!
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

DELIGHTED for you G-ster -- had to come over here as well to congratulate you -- onwards and upwards now - xxx
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

So happy for you to have reached this goal on your way upwards and out, becoming the guy you want and deserve to be. xx, SB

Comment

It is just thrilling to see you firing up the ole llama and gittin it! Rock on dear man!! Xoxoxo
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

I am so happy for you. It is a privilege to be on this journey with you. :heartbeat:
                              6monthssoberbodred_ornament_round.jpgamazing.jpg
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Congrats Mr G. Six months is huge. Celebrate your hard work!... Thinking of a song... :love:

Comment

Working...
                                X