G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

'Tis a great feeling to be sober Stirly whirly! nice to see you as always. Hope you're good there.

Struth Ruth, it must be day 198! 198 and the feeling's gr8 mate. Cool and grey here at the beach pad. What's on today G bloke? Well pilgrim, today i'm down with my guitar at the volunteer joint, then a shift at work later. Gonna squeesze in a run along the beach and crank out some chin ups and push ups while i'm there at the outdoor gym. No desire or need to drink. A combination of time not drinking (6 months) and putting goals i like in place and acting on them has made all the difference. My thinking is changing towards enjoying reality and a fuller, richer life that has meaning. Very different to another dreary but stress packed day/week/month of boozing. No thanks umpire.

Have a rippa out there fruity. Yo Nursie! W'dup.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Day 1ninety fkn 9! Lawdy lawdy!

Top of the saturday morning to you valued and cherished pilgrim on the pilgrimmage to taking back your precious life.

There are treasures, and gold, jewels, ruby's, silver......all sorts of shiny and beautiful rich trinkets waiting for the sober pilgrim. Not all that's shiny is kosher. But the real jewels, such as the magic, power and brutal, beautiful wise grace of nature is. Nature is reality. When i get out into nature i realise there is something bigger and stronger than me operating here. I can't just swan around doing what i like without consequence. Every action has a reaction. You can see this out of the city amongst nature. I can't control outside forces. This truth hits me in the face when i'm in the ocean or in the bush. I can't control what the waves will do, or where they will take me. I can't control if a snake decides to leap out from under a log and take a swipe. I can't control when the weather turns from calm to raging storm. And that's okay. As long as i understand this, and apply it to my daily life. We can forget these basics with city living. What am i waffling on about??!! I dunno, just raving on, trying to express the good feeling i have these days. Mentally, physically, emotionally. My heart and mind are open and vulnerable, but i am feeling. I try to let myself feel and just - be.

Have a rippa out there. Gonna get some prices on an airticket next week and start to lock in some dates. Oh yeah!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Top of the sunday morning from the beach pad.

Today is 200 days off the sauce. Wowza! I am entering into a new phase of my life in more ways than just living sober at last. A few really good things are on the boil. Music projects, career interest projects, and romance. I'm taking action in those areas and doors are opening. Some of it's a little daunting if i stop and think (mainly the travel/romance aspect), but ultimately it's exciting. I have NOTHING to lose. I am living my life now with all cylinders firing. I just have to keep the machine serviced with a humble but solid daily self care practice and an attitude of gratitude. And a grasp on reality. My reality.

Have a bewdy.

Comment

Congrats on 200 Mr. G! You are becoming the positive force in this world that you were always meant to be. You're a star!
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Congratulations Mr. G!! Lovely to see you living the life!

Comment

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on day 200 G-Man! This day is a treasure indeed.

Comment

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yo - G.

Did you git it? Yes you did! Well done mister on 200 days. Absolutely awesome. What a wise man by the name of Mr G would call "A bewdy"

:goodone:

Comment

Mr G - You rock :rockon::hoopup::bigwave::bravo:
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
                      Congrats on 200 Mr. G! You are becoming the positive force in this world that you were always meant to be. You're a star!
                      Wowza, thanks for your kind words and posts Dill, Nora, ABC, RC, Mr V, Ms Bird, and you over there in the cheap seats.

Dill, what you wrote above is so simple and true of all of us. By done gittin orf the sauce, we FINALLY! allow ourselves to grow and shine, to be who we are meant to be. And/or to be who we want to be. Do or do not. Do what you love.

Day 201 and i'm gittin it! Go for it pilgrims.

Comment

Day 203! G man the comeback is in full, i say full swing.

Now get out there and git it pilgrim! What else you gonna do?

Comment

Not just a comeback G-Man, it's the start of something fantastic!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks ABC. Right on! Hope all's good there.

Day 205! The feeling's good. A bit too much 'working for the man' and need to make a little more 'me' time, but it's no big deal. I'm lucky to have a job that i like. I need to book an airticket in the next 7 days. Mmmmm, looking like Brazil at the moment. Expensive this time of the year from here, but doable. See if i can swing mexico in too. L8tr g8trs.

Comment

205 and yer feeling alive Mr G, you trip sounds amazing, you have earned it.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Thanks Ktab. Hope you're good there mate.

Day 20, i say 206! Sheesh, coming up to 7 months. Wowza! I gotta book this airticket by next week or else certain savings i have through work are taxed, so that'll git me orf my arse to finally book something in and just GO! Not sure when i'll travel yet, possibly around may.

Have a great weekend pilgrim. Take care of yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X