Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Day 214. Life is simply raawkin!

I've found it essentially, i say majorly important to look at how i think and how i manage my thoughts. I started by just being aware of where my mind goes, and what kind of thoughts i have. I have done a bit of research and reading about meditation, breathing, mindfulness, living in the present. Practicing and applying this knowledge is really really helpful. Being self aware and monitoring how i feel and what i'm thinking. Am i operating in mindless, autopilot default negative thinking mode? Or am i aware i'm starting to think negatively and catastrophise things and a future that hasn't even happened yet? Am i ruminating on painful past events that have been and gone, and cannot be changed? I've worked out i can acknowledge the past, not try to predict the future, and know that i can disengage my thiughts at anytime and just focus on breathing. This is something i practice for 6 minutes every morning without fail. Set a timer and breathe bro, breathe! So far so good. What's a few minutes of self care every morning? If i can't do this for myself, then i'm in trouble.

Take it easy out there. Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Day 215 and happy to be alive!

Living sober. Ah, you can't beat it. I see that it's important to live, and not just exist when i get sober. I have to find things to do that i love. Daily where possible. Knitting, woodwork, mechanics, reading, running......whatever. For me it's making music. That makes me happy and keeps me busy and growing as a human. Some kind of personal growth is important to keep in mind i find too.

Let's git it pilgrim!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Top of the morning valued pilgrim.

Must be day 217 but i never been one fo' countin. A few days off workin for the man have been much appreciated. Even though i'm getting calls to cover shifts here and there - which is nice, and i am just grateful for having a bloody job. I suspect i'll be taking all and any shifts thrown my way in the next couple of weeks though, as i save for my trip.

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Day 218!

Top of the morning friend.

In work today and next 5 days! that's an epic run for me these days, and more than i like to do in a row. But i'll take it and am grateful for the work. The bucks will come in handy too!

Now listen........Go git it!

Comment

day 219 but who, i say who's countin?

Let's git it G man!!

Comment

Hi Mr G. I hear you are off on your travels. Been a long time coming eh? It will be amazing and I am more than a little jealous

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                Hi Mr G. I hear you are off on your travels. Been a long time coming eh? It will be amazing and I am more than a little jealous
                Hiya Starty! How are ya? Yep, i leave in a few weeks for a month of music and travel. Sth. america will be interesting. I'm just sort of lobbing by plane into a few cities this time around. I'd like to drive through the continent ultimately, but maybe next trip.

Day 221. Oh. Em. Gee! Let's git it pilgrim.

Comment

That sounds like a lovely trip G. I've spent a fair bit of time in South America and its just wonderful. I've spent some time in Chile, Argentina, Peru, Ecuador and Brazil, so if I can help with any advice let me know. :thumbsup:
                  Last edited by Glass Half Empty; April 7, 2018, 06:43 PM.
                  There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                  You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Thanks Classy Glassy! I might just do that.

Day 223? Yes Siree! At last, a few days off! But there's work, i say some stuff to be done.

Git 'er done out there.

Comment

So great to read about your trip. Your excitement radiates through your posts. Please take great pics and I require details on all forms of debauchery you engage in. I am also so pleased to see your ongoing progress, G-Wiz. Keep rockin!
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Yo Techie! W'dup. Thanks bro.

Day 225 and so good to be alive. A stark i say marked contrast to how i felt when drinking. i.e. didn't care much for life either way. Bjesus! I remember it well.

Trip taking shape slowly. A few other distractions and responsibilities at present, but nothing i can't handle. I hadn't had a workout for a few days until yesterday as i've had 5 days of intense work in a row. At the gym i noticed how damn good i started to feel after a few sets of pumping iron. Didn't take long, and i didn't go too hard. That's all it takes for my mood to shift to big time positive. Self confidence/esteem rises heaps. Not a bad recipe for ordinary mood eh? Works for me, and many others, so try it if you're a little lost. Then to the beach for an easy jog and a swim. Crikey, the cool salt water and the waves were so refreshing and enlivening. It really, really lifted my spirits and made all 26 of them soar! haha.

Have a ripper out there. Git some self loving in today, K? K.

Comment

26 spirits, eh? Gotta look around and find some more. Good on ya G!

Comment

I need all the help i can get Mr V!! :congratulatory: Hope you're well there mate.

Day 226. Must be closing in on 8 months surely. Full day today. Some music makin and jammin, then off to work for a late shift.

Looking like a few more lovely ladies to meet potentially in Sth america. I'm not wanting to play the field and party so much as actually just meet one good one and settle down. Makes sense to meet a couple of different women face to face. Online doesn't give the full picture. Having said that, the woman i'm meeting in Rio is err, somewhat of an eyeful. Ride on pilgrim.

:llama:

Comment

Way to go G!!!
                              Glad to be back with my second family :sohappy:
                              Last dance with the devil 5/02/11

Comment

Great to see you Nelz! Thanks for dropping in mate. Hope all's good there.

Day 227, but i've never, i say i ain't one for countin. Family birthday lunch today for me dear ol mum.

Have a bewdy out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X