G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

I stole this quote from [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] post this morning at the café. (hope that she doesn't mind. I thought it might be a good reminder to you that things happen for a reason, and it usually works out in the end. :cupcake:

Comment

Originally posted by lifechange View Post
      I think it's good you went to check out the situation. It isn't SO often that we feel a connection with others, so it's worth it to give some effort. It's painful when it doesn't work out.. but the alternative? Not trying? I'm convinced, 100% sure, that you're going to meet up with the Lady who's ready and open to be with the awesome G-Man you are.. Please don't stay away from here for too long!xx
      Top of the monday morning friends from a blustery, wintery, weatherbeaten but warm hearted beach pad!

Day what? Who fkn cares. I never been one fo countin. I can say that i'm happily living sober and FEELING emotions and the experiences, ups and downs of life. taking the great with the not so great. It's all absolutely magnificent and beautiful. My life sure ain't fkn boring at the moment. What a kick arse, sober, heavy metal, adventuring, risk taking livewire i've become. lol. No stopping till heaven, hell, brooklyn or broadmeadows. Going for life with the throttle open, all cylinders firing, with love in my open heart, my mind and eyes open. Putting myself out there and saying YES. (ok ok Gman, we git it. Go have a lay down pilgrim).

Thanks LC, Nora and Jude for your lovely words and for being around.

LC, your words above nail it for me. I felt it was worth a try, such was the connection. In fact, the connection is still alive between us even though she's with this other (boring lol) bloke. We are still communicating via text albeit in a low key way. Things got a little hostile (from me not her) over our last meet up due to her new bloke being in the same room on my first night back to see her, even though i accepted her conditions of friends only, i didn't need to be trapped as musical 'guest of honour' from Australia, while those 2 got cosy listening to me play. Anyway, i freaked out at that later with her via text and stormed out of the country like a pissed off teenager! I later apologised for my angry behaviour and have cooled down. Thankfully she has accepted this and our communication is cautious, but alive. I am going to keep in contact with her (she has agreed) and have managed to extract a laugh out of her again. I am aware that not closing the door on her sounds totally crazy and stupid. Maybe it is.

But i feel there might be something there still. I don't know for sure, but i am keeping the door of my heart open for her because she is a one off and worth a little more pursuing. Her words and actions are not those of someone who has closed the door on me and moved on. Maybe i'm dreaming. There's a Christopher Cross song line that goes...... 'if you get lost between the moon and new york city, the best that you can do, is fall in love'. I dont understand what he's saying, but i like it. I'm going with this good feeling. I am not going to wonder if, when, how. i dont know that stuff. The feeling is good right now, so i am going to accept it, feel it, go with it, revel in it, instead of letting thoughts of jealousy, i'm too far away, too old, to poor, whatever to consume me. Nope, i'm just going to enjoy this current good feeling with zero expectations or hope. I cannot hope for any sort of outcome and worry about the future or i'm a goner. I'm staying in the present and enjoying her magic. This might be crazy, but that's ok. I am a crazy mofo.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I love your attitude Mr G. It comes from a strong sense of self I believe. That is something that can only be borne out of struggle and sobriety. It is refreshing to read. I think had I been in a similar situation I would not have reacted as well as you :haha:

Comment

Thanks Starty. Well, i did text her a few strong words letting her know how i felt, but ultimately i dont blame her or anyone. What am i gonna do or say really. She's with another fella and he turns up at a friday night party that im invited to by her. Natural unfolding of events most likely, just uncomfortable at the time. It's all ok. Like the nurse last year, i just focus on the fact she fancied me for a time, and we had a couple of great nights out together. I gotta be happy with that. I'm leaving the door open with her, but no way will i be putting my hopes on her. I have zero control on these things! haha.

In work today after 5 weeks away living the rambling rolling stone gypsy minstrel life. Phew! Today is gonna take some adjusting to.

Day )(Y%^&!! Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Top of the wednesday morning from the beach pad.

Yesterday's first day back at work went well and was pretty easy going. Had job interview, and will find out today how i went. Either way i still have my regular role there. I'm looking forward to a couple of days off already after today lol.

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Love those days off, too, Gman!! Funny, I love my job, but I love my free time even more..
              You sound to be in a good state of mind with regards to the lady.. I've also found that just letting the feelings be, sending out the love I'm feeling (even if I don't know how the other person is feeling) regardless of whether or not it's reciprocated feels better than negativity or fighting myself.. at some point the love is returned or it slowly smolders away naturally. Just my experience..
              Glad your work situation is stable! Enjoy your free days!

Comment

Originally posted by lifechange View Post
                Love those days off, too, Gman!! Funny, I love my job, but I love my free time even more..
                You sound to be in a good state of mind with regards to the lady.. I've also found that just letting the feelings be, sending out the love I'm feeling (even if I don't know how the other person is feeling) regardless of whether or not it's reciprocated feels better than negativity or fighting myself.. at some point the love is returned or it slowly smolders away naturally. Just my experience..
                Glad your work situation is stable! Enjoy your free days!
                LC. You're fast becoming a guru round these here parts! hehe. Love your take on this, and i agree and will take same approach. Thanks for clarifying my thoughts for me. :nutso: Hope all's good wit u.

And i got the job! Yay. A bit of a feather in the cap and noice to be considered best above other applicants. They make you feel valued at this job to be sure. When i walked in this morning one of the workers said to me....'i was just saying that to so and so G would be great for that job' etc. Nice thing to hear from a colleague first thing in the morning to kick off yer day. This is a good move forward in an interesting role where i have a lot of room to move and input my ideas.

:llama:

Comment

Popping in to say hi, G. I do love your attitude.

xo

Comment

Yo Pavi! S'up.

Top of the morning from the beach pad. This last month sure has been a rollercoaster. Travel, music, romance, new job. Despite a few rumblings which are to be expected in this thing called life, especially when you put yourself out there and get stuck into it (highly recommended, and you'll also need a little resilience), i am good. Romance waffle alert.......So, i've been sending this woman songs i've written about my experience with her and my travels, with her consent btw. My secret mission is to play it cool and not have too much convo, or ask her how she feels etc. I'm not getting too lovey dovey either, trying to keep things strong but light. Maybe i can wear her down haha. Anyway who knows. I'm just gonna send her maybe a song a week until she says no more. She told me she was so happy to see me last time, even though she had the other fella. i dunno, but i feel there is something there on her end. I'm just gonna keep gently chipping away, and see what if anything happens. Like LC said above, i'm sending out love only, no hoping, no forecasting, no trying to predict outcomes or what she's thinking, just sending love and enjoying writing music for her, and enjoying her little texts back saying 'i like this song....better than the last one' etc. This is a unique way for me mentally to approach someone i fancy. It is kinda win/win. Thanks LC!

Having said that, i have a date saturday night with a woman i've known a long time. She's really cool and it'll be fun. She's perfect gf material but not while my heart is currently elsewhere, so fun only and she knows it.

Day off today, work this weekend. Sadhana done. Soon it's gym, beach run, dip in the icy sea. What a huge plus to have been considered by my boss for this new role i've started. It's a big rap coming from someone i admire and respect greatly. It's a great job where i've been given lots of room to make it my own and even expected to. I like this idea. As No sugar was saying in the nest the other day, we remove the dimming stunting cover of booze, and our essence and brilliance as people is allowed to shine. Shine on pilgrims!

Let's git it! :llama:
                    Last edited by Guitarista; June 14, 2018, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Many congrats on the job Mr G. What is it you will be doing? What a fantastic boost for the old confidence eh?

Comment

Yo Starty. Thanks. Yep, sure is a vote of confidence from a switched on crew who aint easily fooled. But i fooled em! it's running groups and activities. Some mental health stuff, wellness plans, art, see if i can throw in some music. Hope you're good.

Comment

Yep all good here thanks Mr G. Nearly 6 months off the booze and 3 off the pills. Despite getting very stressed at times life is so much better. Whoda thunk?

Comment

Good onya Starty!

Top of the monday morning from the beach pad. Work today, officially in the new role. I've been filling in for awhile, so should run smoothly. Different group dynamics and people coming through all the time keeps me on my toes. Looking forward to 5 days off from wednesday.

Worked this weekend, so a little tired, but ready for action today. Sitting with me emotions, examined them, and letting them be. Let's git it!

Comment

Morning from a cold and wet beach pad. 3c here! It would be warmer in the icy ocean waters of the bay.

Big congrats to our friend Mr V on one year sober! Well done mate. That is huge!

Off to work today and tomorrow. Today should be a relatively cruisey one as i have more of a background role. But i still can't withhold the passion i have for the job. haha.

I was just reflecting in the newbies nest. Sheesh, what if my brazillian chica becomes pregnant from our encounter? We did talk about the possibility before we met. Well who knows. But it would be an unexpected delight. Lot's of things are possible living sober.

Comment

Thanks, G-man. Best of luck in the new position. I know you'll crush it.

Comment

Working...
                                X