G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Hola friends. thanks for your beautiful posts, i appreciate you.

Back on track after an emotional wobble. Damn it! Anyway, minimal damage done. You could say i successfully took a harm minimisation approach to coping with emotional heartache that sure ripped into me. But i'm ok, and never lost my way. I just find affairs of the heart crippling, but that's ok. No blame and no regrets. Now, back into life.

I like this quote and i will continue life with this attitude -

“So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself: who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?”
    — Hunter S. Thompson

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Great to have you back G-man!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm so glad you're back G. We were all so worried about you. :heartbeat:
        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Yay! It's great to see you back G!

Comment

Great to see you back Mr. G.! Yup - those feelings and emotions can hit us hard sometimes. I guess the best way is just to work our way through them and remind ourselves that every experience is a lesson to be learned and that we'll come out stronger on the other side no matter what the result. MIght not seem like it at the time but that's usually the way it goes. Take care of you, my friend, no matter what. Sobriety first and all that!!

Love that quote, BTW.
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Yay Mr.G is home!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

GREAT to see you back, G-Master!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Well, well, weeeeellll.....look at this then. Two old dogs back in the lost dogs home. I've had a quick skim and seen "Chilean love interest" up there. I suppose that really says it all. I'll just proffer " Year from hell" and I suppose that's us caught up. Well Mr G, we both know the drill......
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Yay! So glad you have you back, G. Glad it was a short diversion, and I hope your heart heals quickly.

xo

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                      Well, well, weeeeellll.....look at this then. Two old dogs back in the lost dogs home. I've had a quick skim and seen "Chilean love interest" up there. I suppose that really says it all. I'll just proffer " Year from hell" and I suppose that's us caught up. Well Mr G, we both know the drill......
                      Well looky here! You are a sight for sore eyes Wonderful to see you Bridget. Sorry you have had a rough year. Pull up a chair and get comfy xx

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                        Well looky here! You are a sight for sore eyes Wonderful to see you Bridget. Sorry you have had a rough year. Pull up a chair and get comfy xx
                        Well look at you still here! I have my Thermos, remote control and lap rug and ready to bunker down! Can't wait to read back and see what you've been up to.
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                          Well look at you still here! I have my Thermos, remote control and lap rug and ready to bunker down! Can't wait to read back and see what you've been up to.
                          Ach, you dont want to know what I have been up to. Twill do you no good :haha: So good to see you back Bridge

Comment

So thankful your OK!... Love can be a hard thing sometimes. Especially, when its one sided. Many of us understand. Going to try and look up a post of yours months back. About loving yourself. :heart:

Comment

Good to have you back, G. And quoting the Gonzo, too.
                              Welcome back to you, too Bridge. I remember you from my lurking days, smart and funny, you.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]. I'm glad the lurkage is over.
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X