Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Good sunday morning friends.

Day 13. During my meditation this morning, i focused on feelings, how i feel. Slightly anxious, but overall the feeling is of optimism and that things will be ok. As long as i keep living truthfully and respectfully (to myself and others). Eating healthy, and self care are my anchor. This is my way forward. Plant strong organic foods everyday. Sugar in my morning coffee has been replaced by organic stevia as a sweetner, so i don't feel i'm going without a sweet treat, whilst keeping sugar consumption down. I was horrified to check the sugar content in the soy/dairy free ice cream treat i've been eating. 17 grams of sugar per 100 gram serving. So when i eat 1 litre in one hit, that's over 20 teaspoons of sugar hidden in that litre of icecream and i usually down it in one go! Whaaa?! Wow. No more. I'll make my own next summer. Plenty of good recipes around.

That amount of sugar is scary given what i'm learning about sugar and the body. I want to go as natural as possible living in the city. Eating a plant strong diet is leading to an interest in the body healing and repairing itself. For this i'm turning to ancient methods. Chinese and Indian healing. Thousands of years of info there. But for now, it's off to work. Take it easy.

Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

That is a crazy amount of sugar in the soy dairy-free ice cream!! Yikes! (I kinda wish I didn't know this now!)
      AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Choices View Post
        That is a crazy amount of sugar in the soy dairy-free ice cream!! Yikes! (I kinda wish I didn't know this now!)
        I know Choices. I was shocked. Imagine eating 20 teaspoons of sugar in one sitting?!! Sports drinks are apparently similar. That 'healthy' restorative gatorade or powerade drink i used to often drink in summer after a hot run is also jam packed with 16 teaspoons of sugar or close to it! WTF? Just shows we really must do our research and know what the hell we're consuming. Another reason i'm enjoying an organic plant strong path.

Day freakin 14!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hola pilgrims.

Day fkn 15! Git it!

Comment

Originally posted by Choices View Post
            :haha:

Ignorance IS bliss.

Comment

No more ignorance here RC. It might be the end of me! lol.

Top of the wednesday morning from the beach pad. Sunny day ahead 19C. Wowza! Day fkn 16. Looking for 21. Go git it.
              Last edited by Guitarista; September 25, 2018, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Day 17 from the beach pad. Nice number G bloke! Treating myself kindly today. 24 C and sunny.....oh yeah!

More plants to crush today. I know they love serving a higher purpose - Me. I'm starting to take note of the sugar content in stuff. Geez, there's a bit of it about. If refined sugars and animal fats have increased potential to encourage cancer cell activation and heart disease as WHO and Harvard uni studies have found, then i'm all for reducing that intake. While i'm at it. Take that mobile phone away from your ear and use earphones or speaker.

Let's git it.

Comment

Hey Mr. G!! Good to see you back in the saddle, so to speak. I have limited my sugar intake greatly and have limited my dairy intake to only goat's milk products. Lots of fresh fruit and veggies thrown in the mix. Try tahini - ground up sesame seeds - for energy. I have a slice of super whole-wheat bread with tahini and a bit of chestnut or heather honey for breakfast. Great way to start the day!
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Top of the friday morning from the beach pad. Day 18!

Yo Stirly whirly! Great to see you. Thanks for that tip. I'll try it. No wheat for me, but the sesame seeds/tahini should be ok. Got some more organic broccoli, sweet potatoe, potatoes, pumpkin, spinach, kale to cook up today. I mix it with some brown grain rice and a bit of gluten free soy sauce. Gonna throw in a tin of organic tomatoes and lentils too. Will try the seeds thing. A mate was saying get them 'activated'. that probably ups the price to $165 a kilo, but i'll check it out. Am adjusting to the stevia in my morning coffee. I got a small bag of it for a buck fifty and looks like it'll do me for 2/3 weeks. No coconut for this hombre either. I bought some coconut based cheese alternative, and tasted ok, but a bit puffy behind the eyes next day. Have noticed this over the years with coconut sauce based curries. Like booze, No great loss.

Just remember pilgrim. You are made for so much more than all of this boozing lifestyle.

Go git it!
                    Last edited by Guitarista; September 27, 2018, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Gotta say the feeling's goooood. Mid morning and about to head to gym. Just tuning into my physical state. Aside from no boozing for 18 days hence no hangover/feeling better generally, there is an extra good feeling of wellbeing here. It would be because of the all organic plant foods i've been eating the last 2 weeks. No wheat/gluten or diary, no cookies or cakes, icecream and less sugar. I feel lighter and there's def a little more energy. I reckon my body's still adjusting as i tweak the fuel mixture. That is all.

Have a rippa out there.

Comment

Day fkn 19. Right on track to hit 21 on monday! Oh yeah!

In work today. Looking forward to it. A big sporting event here today. Footy grand final. Hopefully be able to catch a bit of the game on tele later.

Gonna whack some plants in a sandwich for breakfast. Then taking a container of the plant mush i cooked up last night to work for lunch. How's that for organised!

Take it easy

Comment

Late check in on day fkn 20! Oh yeah! gym, run, gig.

Git it!

Comment

I'm happy to hear you doing so well, G-man! Glad you're noticing some positive changes with your new nutrition plan.. Keep up the good work.xx

Comment

Hi LC! Thanks. How are ya?

Day 21! That didn't really take long at all. Congratulations Jude for over a year AF. Wowza!

Time flies when you're having fun, and i'm having fun, and my attitude from now on is to have fun no matter what no matter who. Sure, there are situations in life that aren't much fun, but i'll deal with those as they arise and try to pack in the fun in between! lol. Trying to find a heap of guitar tracks i've recorded onto a usb stick to review them. That sucker isn't where i usually leave it. I bet i put it somewhere 'safe' in a mad scramble to tidy the joint up last time i had a guest over. Bjesus! I have a back up on hard drive so not all is lost.

Still chomping on all organic plants. Enjoying it and feeling good. I actually get a good feeling when/after shopping for this stuff. I know i'm doing something good for me. As i research more plant strong recipes and the poisons in pesticides and processed foods, i suspect i'm really shifting towards cleaner foods and lifestyle. This extends to my thoughts and philosophies. From what i read, my body is probably still detoxing itself of a lot of poison chemicals built up in over the years. Sheesh! It has taken me such a long time to begin to, or even embrace the concept of respecting my body/being and taking care of it so my spirit can get around the planet easily. I am seeing first hand what a difference diet and nutrition make to my happiness and sense of well being.

Go git it pilgrim!

Comment

Thinking of you, G-Man. Great progress!
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X