Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Thanks Techstar! Hope you're good mate.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Top of the tuesday morning from the beach pad. Day freakin 22. Right on!

The feeling's good in general. Physically, i am feeling very good aside from the odd muscle ache which is no issue. I put this down to eating organic plant foods and no wheat/gluten, no cookies, processed food snacks, M&M's, 7-11 fast foods with all sorts of preservatives, colouring and chemicals. I suspect the internal good feeling is because there is reduced or no inflammation caused by these poisons coz i'm not eating them anymore. No puffiness, and a general lighter on my feet feeling. So i'm continuing on this nutritional path, learning as i go. Nothing too radical or difficult. The only rule i have is all organic fruit and veg. No meat, chicken, dairy, wheat, sugar where possible for now.

Let's git it.
      Last edited by Guitarista; October 1, 2018, 03:20 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
        Top of the tuesday morning from the beach pad. Day freakin 22. Right on!

The feeling's good in general. Physically, i am feeling very good aside from the odd muscle ache which is no issue. I put this down to eating organic plant foods and no wheat/gluten, no cookies, processed food snacks, M&M's, 7-11 fast foods with all sorts of preservatives, colouring and chemicals. I suspect the internal good feeling is because there is reduced or no inflammation caused by these poisons coz i'm not eating them anymore. No puffiness, and a general lighter on my feet feeling. So i'm continuing on this nutritional path, learning as i go. Nothing too radical or difficult. The only rule i have is all organic fruit and veg. No meat, chicken, dairy, wheat, sugar where possible for now.

Let's git it.
        You sound great Mr. G and so positive!! Just a question because I have no idea - where do you get your protein from when you mainly eat fruits and veggies. Like I say, I have no idea so just askin'..........
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Yo Stirly! Thanks. Protein from lentils, and i have a little fish now and then, maybe 3 times a week. Also drink daily a 6 x greens powder including spirulina (protein). Not sure if i'm gonna phase out fish just yet, as i'm still learning and researching. I also follow a fella who's an ultra marathon runner (5 x hawaii ironmans in 5 days fuelled by plants only!) and eats only plants. He's got some recipes. From memory of heaps of reading, there's protein in some veggies too and apparently we don't need a lot. I'm a runner and i need to make sure my muscles/body are getting the right fuel to repair and maintain. Still researching this, but i feel reasonably strong and energetic after almost 3 weeks of eating organic veg and fruit. I'm tweaking the foods i eat as i learn and as i go. Today's cook up will be lentils, black kidney beans, celery, carrots, broccolli, spinach, silverbeet, sweet potatoes, capsicum, tomatoes, pumpkin, and rice. Hope all's good there with you and yours.

Is it day 23 already? Go git it!
          Last edited by Guitarista; October 2, 2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Hey Mr. G! Okay, I get it now. Love lentils myself whether in salad or soup - delicious and filling. Have you tried tahini - ground up sesame seeds. Great for protein. It's yummy and very versatile! Here's a link...
            1 Reasons to Eat Tahini - mindbodygreen

Anyway - :goodjob: on the new nutrition plan and excellent work on clocking up those AF days!!

Comment

Thanks Stirly. Yep, i've heard tahini could be good for me. It looks like it's VERY good for me! I'll try the unhulled version this week. I'm avoiding wheat and gluten, so i dunno if sesame seed is part of that family. I'll check it out.

Wednesday eve here. Chillin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                Thanks Stirly. Yep, i've heard tahini could be good for me. It looks like it's VERY good for me! I'll try the unhulled version this week. I'm avoiding wheat and gluten, so i dunno if sesame seed is part of that family. I'll check it out.

Wednesday eve here. Chillin'.
                FYI, Mr. G.....

How can you determine if sesame seeds are gluten free?
                Gluten is the product of two proteins that are present in many cereal grains. The two proteins are glutenin and gliadin. Combined, these two proteins create a microscopic “scaffold” (so to speak) of structure which allows breads, cake, pastry, etc., to rise. The yeast in the bread could consume sugar and expel carbon dioxide all day long, but without gluten to provide structure, bread simply wouldn't leaven. Gluten also provides the “chew" (toothsomeness) of bread and other baked goods.
                All cereal grains contain glutenin and gliadin to some degree, and therefore they all technically contain gluten. This includes wheat, barley, rye, oats, spelt (a softer grained type of wheat), titricale (a cross between wheat and rye), etc.

Of all the cereal grains, wheat contains by far the most gluten. It is for this reason that many people today refuse to eat wheat. They do this because they believe that their body has an intolerance to gluten, when in fact most of them are reacting not to gluten, but to lectins, which are present in a vast variety of fruits and vegetables that they continue to eat. Those with a legitimate physical allergy to gluten have a medical condition known as “Celiac’s Disease”, an affliction that affects about 1% of the population.

Although all grains are technically grasses, only cereal grains contain gluten. Sesame seeds come from a different type of grass that is not in the same botanical family as cereal grains. Sesame seeds come from a botanical family that includes corn and rice. So — no gluten.

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                  FYI, Mr. G.....

How can you determine if sesame seeds are gluten free?
                  Gluten is the product of two proteins that are present in many cereal grains. The two proteins are glutenin and gliadin. Combined, these two proteins create a microscopic “scaffold” (so to speak) of structure which allows breads, cake, pastry, etc., to rise. The yeast in the bread could consume sugar and expel carbon dioxide all day long, but without gluten to provide structure, bread simply wouldn't leaven. Gluten also provides the “chew" (toothsomeness) of bread and other baked goods.
                  All cereal grains contain glutenin and gliadin to some degree, and therefore they all technically contain gluten. This includes wheat, barley, rye, oats, spelt (a softer grained type of wheat), titricale (a cross between wheat and rye), etc.

Of all the cereal grains, wheat contains by far the most gluten. It is for this reason that many people today refuse to eat wheat. They do this because they believe that their body has an intolerance to gluten, when in fact most of them are reacting not to gluten, but to lectins, which are present in a vast variety of fruits and vegetables that they continue to eat. Those with a legitimate physical allergy to gluten have a medical condition known as “Celiac’s Disease”, an affliction that affects about 1% of the population.

Although all grains are technically grasses, only cereal grains contain gluten. Sesame seeds come from a different type of grass that is not in the same botanical family as cereal grains. Sesame seeds come from a botanical family that includes corn and rice. So — no gluten.
                  Now there's food for thought! Thanks Stirly. The whole gluten thing has been a mystery to me, except to know that my eyes don't git puffy when i eat 'gluten free' bread. The veggie and vegan world is so alive with heaps of recipes and food ideas. Even dedicated restaurants and cafes. More plants being massacred and sacrificed here as i begin day 24!

Go git it pilgrim.

Comment

Documentary "What The Health?" Subtitulado en Espanol - YouTube

Comment

Good morning from the world renowned and celebrated, but still i say yes still humble beach pad.

How are you going Bridget?

It's day 25. glad i'm alive. Car in for a service and maybe a new clutch. Let's hope it's just a cylinder and not clutch plate. Either way, i trust the garage i'm going to and they'll no doubt get the job done properly. Hiring some embarassing little car in the interim. It's probably metallic pink.

Go git it pardner.
                      Last edited by Guitarista; October 4, 2018, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Git it, G. You're the kind of man that can pull pink off, I say. Hope the car don't cost too much. A few old cars here, always spend money on them, still cheaper than a new one I say.

Comment

Top of the morning evabody!

It's gonna cost me a bit Mr V. New fkn clutch. But it's time for one anyway, so has to be done. Big job as gearbox needs to be taken out. But this joint is good and will do the job properly. Getting a couple of other overdue adjustments done while she's on the hoist, so should be good as new by next week.

Day 26. Closing in on 30 days. I've been here before, but i gotta say the feeling's goooood. This never gits old.

Go git it!

Comment

Dang, G sorry. Hate spending big $$ on cars when a holiday would be much nicer, lol.

Comment

Yeah Mr V, this is cutting into my trip away budget for sure! It will likely determine where i go now, as i haven't booked tickets or destination yet. I was thinking India or Sth america but looks like now it'll have to possibly be parts of Asia or Australia. I'm leaving it a little late as i was aiming for november to get away. It's all cool though. Any trip anywhere is always an adventure. Plenty to see close to home which is what i might end up doing. In fact, maybe a couple of weeks in Vietnam, Cambodia, then a drive through the heart of Oz from north to south for 2 weeks with guitar. Now there's a plan, and might be within my newly reduced budget! I'll have to do the maths.

Lawdy lawdy.....day 27?! Let's git it.

Comment

Top of the tuesday morning to ya pilgrim. Day 29! Oh yeah!

Let's go git it sucka.

Comment

Working...
                                X