G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Day 120! Is that 4 months or something? Oh yeah!

Go git it pilgrim.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Day 121! Saturday morning here at the beach pad. I've taken on some extra work which is important to me, but sheesh, it will be busy. Just short term, maybe a month or 2. Gotta watch i don't allow it to overwhelm me! I reckon i'll be ok. It'll be a delight and i'll no doubt learn something and upgrade my skill set. Less time for music and stuff, but it's an important little project i'm helping out with. As long as i keep that 'i'm of service' focus i should be fine.

Later g8trs!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
        Day 121! Saturday morning here at the beach pad. I've taken on some extra work which is important to me, but sheesh, it will be busy. Just short term, maybe a month or 2. Gotta watch i don't allow it to overwhelm me! I reckon i'll be ok. It'll be a delight and i'll no doubt learn something and upgrade my skill set. Less time for music and stuff, but it's an important little project i'm helping out with. As long as i keep that 'i'm of service' focus i should be fine.

Later g8trs!
        Sounds great! What is it Mr G?

Comment

Yo Starty. It's basically helping to keep a particular program rolling along during a tough period. A group of folks who've experienced some life difficulties recently/currently such as mental health, homelessness, have lost their leader/mentor. They are part of a 'consumer participant/service users' collective who work with related orgs as a voice at the table around policy and direction. Kind of representative voices of the battler. It's important work that they do and i want to make sure they continue. At our first meeting, they were passionate and motivated, so i suspect things will keep rolling along fairly well.

How are you going?

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
            Yo Starty. It's basically helping to keep a particular program rolling along during a tough period. A group of folks who've experienced some life difficulties recently/currently such as mental health, homelessness, have lost their leader/mentor. They are part of a 'consumer participant/service users' collective who work with related orgs as a voice at the table around policy and direction. Kind of representative voices of the battler. It's important work that they do and i want to make sure they continue. At our first meeting, they were passionate and motivated, so i suspect things will keep rolling along fairly well.

How are you going?
            That sounds really great Mr G. I bet you will be a real inspiration and organisational support to those folks

I really am feeling very positive this time. I have not really had a wonderful reason to quit before and now I have. It is my opportunity to make the most of my life and am taking it. Grabbing it by the short and curlies if you will

Comment

Bewdy mi amiga! I think that's the attitude to take. Hope you're having a rejuvenating weekend.

Seethin' scientologists! It's day 122!

Off to work today. I need a day off, but that's not happening for awhile. Welcome to the breadmakers club. But the work is good.

L8tr g8trs.

Comment

Wonderful to see such great progress, G!!!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks Techstar! How are things? Hope you're good mate.

Jumpin jehosophats on jalapeno's, it must be day 123! All's good here downtown at the beach pad. Noice gig last night. It's always a blast to play. I get to try new things every week.

In work today. Looking forward to a few days off mid week. Oh yeah!

Git it pilgrim!

Comment

Day 124!

Happy 4 years to our friend AB Cowboy! Great work mate.

Off to the salt mines. Go git it pilgrims.

Comment

Thanks G-man! You're sticking right behind me, it's amazing how fast time flies when you're in the groove!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Ain't that the truth big fella.

Holy Moonlightin missionaries! It's day 125!

Where's that Jones girl?

A day off today! At last. Go git it pardner's.

Comment

Holy Salivating sermons! It must be day 127!

Good morning from the beach pad. The feeling remains good here despite a busy workload straight outta the gate for 2019. This should ease up soon. I don't mind it though, so not complaining. It's an honour to have the work and to feel like maybe you're making a difference somewhere.

Today, it's some gym, bag, run/swim at beach then organising some music equipment for a community project. After that it's to the market for BBQ'd fish sandwiches with chilli and lettuce on toasted turkish bread. Not entirely gluten free, but i'll allow that coz the taste is incredible!

L8tr g8trs.

Comment

Hola!

Flatulating Friars! It's day 128! But i never been one fo countin'.

It's an easy going saturday morning here. Recharging and having a great day right now.

Take care out there. We don't have to force anything, as long as we have a direction and we're heading that way.

Comment

Holy Confabulatin' clergy! It must be day 129!

The sun is gently shining here this morning. Top of 23C. A bit slack for mid summer, but i appreciate it umpire. 2, i say 2 gigs on today! Oh yeah! It'll be a blast doing what i love. Now G man, is your gear prepared and ready? Are you prepared and ready? Er, yep. Tick!

Take it easy out there. There's no comparison to living sober. No negatives that i can see. Just an embracement of life and reality as it is. Wow!

Stop sittin' around and go git it pilgrim. In your own way.

Comment

Holy Abstaining Abbots! It's day 130! But i ain't one fo countin'.

Monday morning here, and i'm taking a couple of days off work. The extra workload over the xmas break has caught up with me. All's good, but i have some sick leave so i'm taking it. More a mental health break. When my inner balance starts to waver, i know i need to take action. Too much working for the man, not enough 'me' time for music and just being throws me out a little. Looking forward to the next few days doing my own thing and having some mental space to reflect, plan and do. Overall though, the feeling remains real good. Perspective and gratitude.

Go git it pilgrim.

Comment

Working...
                                X