Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Good Monday morning pardners.

Day 257! In work today. I travel on thursday. Not long now. I've been running around so much doing all sorts of stuff and haven't really sat back and absorbed the travel vibe yet! lol. But it's ok. Flights, accom are all booked and paid for, so now it's just a matter of sitting back and enjoying the ride. I'll be watching the budget a little but i'll have enough to enjoy myself and hopefully throw in some detours to other places that take my fancy on the road. Gotta git a new travel guitar too. Saw one that'll do the job.

Let's git it pilgrim.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Top of the tuesday morning to you pilgrims.

Day 258! Last working day then in 2 days i'm orf. Ok, let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Bon Voyage, G. Safe travels, enjoy.

Comment

Thanks mr V.

Must be Day 2fkn60! but who, i say i ain't one fo' countin'.

To the airport in a couple of hours. Not packed yet (Ava), but some sort of order reigns vaguely in the last minute chaos. lol. I should have wifi most of the time so likely be able to check in from time to time. Sadly, i've decided to cancel meeting up with a chica as previously arranged in Colombia. Just the last couple of weeks a couple of things stood out to me (red flags i.e. too demanding) that indicated we wouldn't really get on, at least from my end. A little sad. I think she's a good woman, but not quite for me. However, there are plenty of great women out there that i will no doubt cross paths with! New travel guitar purchased yesterday for a nice store stocktake discount. It's a bewdy and will do the job. Better start packing!

Ltr g8trs.

Comment

Have a great time Mr G!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hola pardners!

It must be day 264 but i dunno what day it is wit all this travelling. Only a few days on the road so far and all is good. Just pulled into santa marta, and staying for a couple of weeks. Humble hotel room and friendly staff. And aircon! Sheesh, it's only about 31C but feels like 40. Anyway, i don't mind the heat. Lot's of 'shanty town' style suburbs on the outskirts of here and Barranquilla to the south. The 2 hr bus ride was smooth and cool. Now it's time to wander off and find some grub.

Take care out there. l8tr g8trs.

Comment

Top of the monday morning Santa marta.

Day 265! The sun is shining here. Noisy spirited folk abound 'round this hotel lol. Gotta love it. Off to git some tucker and coffee then an easy run for some sightseeing and beach for a swim. Gotta remember to carry water coz no public water fountains that i've seen.

Let's go git it.

Comment

Have fun Mr. G, nice looking guitar!

Comment

Thanks Bird. How are ya? That's a new mini guitar i bought a few days before leaving so i could get it onboard planes without questions. Otherwise it can be touch and go whether they allow a full size guitar onboard which means potential damage in cargo hold.

Holy Carribean cathedrals, it's Day 266! Santa marta is turning out to be a real jewel of a joint. The people are great and geez, them Colombians sure like their music LOUD! lol. Music blasting from all sorts of set ups selling beer and snacks from behind a doorway, leading into a large disco lit room where the action is. The joint on the corner next door to me is kinda like an open plan milk bar/convenience store blasting latin music all day with booze a big focus, and spirited yelling and singing the usual fare. It's an older senior citizens style crowd mainly blokes, with the occassional lady seemingly there to help the old man home! Friendly bunch and a little unruly! Thankfully there seems to be local noise laws in place that cut off the action around 10/11 p.m. otherwise i reckon by the look of em, they'd be going 24/7. This town is raw and colourful, and friendly. A port city with average local beach, but today i'm going to try locate a bus that travels 15 mins south to apparently a much better beach.

Besos Parceros!
                    Last edited by Guitarista; June 4, 2019, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Top of the wednesday morning from Sunny Santa Marta. 29C. Day 267 but who, i say i ain't one fo countin.

This is the kind of place geared to partying. If i was newly sober and with a group, it could be difficult. There are heaps of little nook and cranny bars with latin music playing where you'd be welcomed in to get slowly sloshed. No thanks umpire. I have a bigger picture to paint. e.g. It's occurred to me a number of times on my current travels that if i was boozing at home, this trip and these adventures would not have eventuated. The sober life puts forward so many opportunities. The only barrier is ME. No limits pilgrim.

Let's git it.
                      Last edited by Guitarista; June 5, 2019, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Day 268. Looks like i've snagged a gig at a cafe i ate at last night. They have a stage and live music from time to time, and said yes. So this might be where i play tonight. Bumping into all sorts of folks round here. Venezuelan people who have crossed the border in search of a better life, locals, drug dealers, street vendors, beautiful ladies. It's a buzzing town. Trying to book a day trip to Tayrona national park which isn't far from here. Pristine protected jungle and beaches they reckon. There's also Minca, 45 minutes into the jungle. Noice. Off for a run.

Comment

Top of the saturday morning to you pilgrims.

Holy Colombian croissants, it's Day 270! Is that 9 months? Wowza! Having an easy day today after yesterdays brilliant and a little demanding 4 hr hike through the Colombian jungle up in Tayrone national park. It's hot and humid here and the shirt on your back is drenched with sweat soon enough. it was great to dive into the ocean at some of the beaches we stopped at right at the top of Colombia. Nice country. Cool gig last night. Today i'll go for an easy run but want to take it easy for the rest of the day. Might do some shopping and catch some local t.v. later.

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Morning from Colombia. Day 271! Right on. The sun is shining, 30C at 9 a.m. Sunday. Top 33C.

Off for some desayuno. Git it.

Comment

Hola! Como estas?

Look at you going for it up there, Mr G. Sounds like you're having a ball! You so deserve it, and you'll remember it, and you won't get rolled because you're drunk!
                              Enjoy Querido!
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hola bonita! :heartbeat:

Thanks Jonesy. How are things?

Good tuesday morning to you pilgrims. Day 273! Had a much needed sleep and early night. feeling fine. My diet has changed temporarily to go with the flow. I should've booked accom with a kitchen so i could cook up regular healthy food. Anyway, it's cool. Am enjoying the good street food. it's simple and cheap. My last day/night in Santa marta. First is the simple hotel breakfast then a run. Then best i find out what bus to catch tomorrow to the next city and airport. On thursday, i fly out to Lima peru for 4 days, then a day at Machu Picchu. Should be pretty cool.

Let's git it.

Comment

Working...
                                X