G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MossRose View Post
    So I do encourage sobriety when the person asks for that type of support. That's why I mainly post in the Just Starting Out area. But, I try to be mindful of others' opinions. If a newbie mentions meds, or moderation, I always try to steer them to the correct area of MWO. That's why I came here. I wanted to moderate. I had no intention of quitting drinking. I did, and I'm glad, but that was not my original reason for joining MWO. But I am thankful to all the people here who helped me out. I will be forever in their debt.

With that said, I agree with you on one point. I think we aren't getting new members because we are too settled. Many of us are from a specific demographic, with a long history of drinking. That probably doesn't appeal to younger people, or those just starting down the wrong path, who are looking for different answers. I don't know the solution to that, but I know that we'll be stronger if we work together. I don't give a shit what helps, as long as something helps...meds, holistic, mods...whatever.
    Totally agree with all MR says and I joined MWO for exactly same reason.
    I suspect that is the reason most join MWO - to improve their life that alcohol is ruining.
    Going AF was not my reason for joining. I would have run a mile to be asked to go AF in the first few days. I wanted to ease my way into it. And I did.
    It happened in the end that I went AF and no-one is more surprised than me
    I'm happy it did.
    But I did it my way !!!

Comment

Hi G. I truly do miss reading your posts and I dang sure miss learning new words from your vocab. Brother man, I just hope that you are ok and that you do decide to return one day to the site. You certainly did help me along my path and I look forward to your potential return.

Comment

Aside from the b.s that ensued on this thread, does anyone have any other way to contact G?I'm worried about his absence,this is a long time he's been gone
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

He's shared some good links in the Online media toolbox recently, Pauly, and said he's doing fine. You should check out the shows he shared!

Comment

can u help find my way round here..imefffing lost

Comment

Oh good NSthanks
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi fellow members, I do think that G is doing ok -otherwise he would not have made his posts on other threads. I do think that this is the great news we have all been wanting to hear.

Comment

Yo y'all,

My apologies for not checking in. I should have. Thanks for your concern and kind words. All ok here.

Hope you're okay there Reg. My view on the Newbie's nest remains the same. It's at least some sort of support, or more realistically a connection for those of us who might be too scared or ashamed to seek professional help, and there are many of us in this boat including me. We are all on this site just alky's putting our hands out to other alky's. I see that the intention is pure. Obviously most of us aren't qualified counsellors, doc's etc, but many of us are just passionate people with good intentions (like most alky's I've met). AA is not the only way, neither is baclofen, the Sinclair method, counselling, running, or meditating on your head. But a combo of, or either one might work for someone or might not.

We're all different and so is the path to sobriety or moderation. But the many things we have in common, and discovering we don't have to go through this alone is the power of this site and community.

21 days to break a habit? But who's counting!

Take it easy out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi, Pal :hug:

Comment

Great to see your post G!
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Yo NS, Techie and everyone,

Good morning from the beach pad. Have a bewdy out there. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Morning G. Have a swim for me will ya? I'm bunged up with a cold ....... some salt water swimming would help, but it's too cold and across the other side of town.
                          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Behaving View Post
                            Morning G. Have a swim for me will ya? I'm bunged up with a cold ....... some salt water swimming would help, but it's too cold and across the other side of town.
                            Morning Missy. Too cold you say? Bah! I'll be having a dip after my run later today and we are probably about 4 degrees colder. Now git out there! But seriously, get well soon and have a beaut day my friend.

Comment

Ok G, I'll toughen up. :cuss: Tomorrow .... still feeling too sorry for myself today!!

:thanks:
                              Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Welcome back, G. Missed you! Hugs, Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X