G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G-Man!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: G man the comeback!

WELL DONE COBBER!!!!
      So proud of you mate
      :yay:
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Congratulations Mr.G!!!!:yay::sohappy:

Comment

I feel like saying it again so here goes Congratulations Mr.G on your one year!!!:sohappy::welldone:
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Congratulations, G-Man on a year of freedom! I'm so proud of you, so happy for you.
            I appreciate your presence and your words of support so much.. suggesting to me the other day, to have fun with my challenge, helped immensely. I had you in mind often.. thank you for that. I hope you had a really nice celebration.. xx

Comment

Keep on rocking in the free world. The alcohol-free world.

Huge Congrats, bonnie lad. :hug:
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oh I am so glad I popped in to see this! So many heartfelt congratulations Mr G. You are an absolute star and I wish you every happiness in your year old sober life!!! Proud proud proud of ya!

Comment

Huge congrats, Mr. G!!!
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Top of the thursday morning to you pilgrim.

Wow, thanks everyone for your congrat's and kind words. I appreciate you taking some of your precious time to post here. You are all so different and amazing people in your own right. We are different, and we are the same.

I started this thread in January 2nd 2015 with the intention of recording my progress, some journaling/writing out my thoughts, and above all reaching a year AF to infinity.....It's taken this long to get one year under my belt. Longer though, as my last 2.5. yr AF stint ended around April 2011. 8 years of struggle. However, since i came to this site, my boozing has been far more mindful and not as out of control and carefree as it was. There's been more off time than on time these last 11 years. A few months AF here, a few there over recent years. Whilst this harm minimisation approach (purely by accident) hasn't been a negative thing, my life and dreams haven't been able to be fully realised or actioned.

Now, today i feel really good. I see there are no limits. Only what i put in front of myself. It's all in my head. i like this old chestnut - If i think i can't i'm right. If i think i can i'm right.

Do something you love today no matter where your head is at. Have some fun. The way forward doesn't have to be a 24/7 struggle. There are no challenges, only opportunities. Thinking positive is SO important. Work out how to keep your mind positive. Read our toolbox. Post it notes, people, actions, you tube inspirations, instagram sober blogs, Holly Whittakers blog, Tommy Rosen/recovery 2.0, This naked mind blog, Motivational movies. Start the day with a head and emotion check. Tweak yourself where necessary. Deal with what you need to so you remove worry, and leave trivia behind. Just some ideas that i've seen are helpful to me and many others.

Holy Burpin burger eatin Buddhas! It's Day 366!

Git it.
                    Last edited by Guitarista; September 11, 2019, 05:16 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

It’s like we’re in a holding pattern when we’re doing stops & starts, harm reduction, moderation...we just can’t move forward.
                      I’m so proud of you that you are moving forward now! You finally have a long quit back...and in another year & a half will surpass the last one!
                      You have the extra major challenge of being in the boozy music business, and performing in bars & party scenes too - so WELL DONE, Guitarista!
                      Last edited by Slo; September 11, 2019, 04:56 PM.
                      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Thanks Sister Slo. :happy2:

I agree re - in a holding pattern. You are doing amazing work. Hope you're good. Have a beaut night mi amiga.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Oh good God Gster..been waiting for the year...and then I go and miss it!!! Multi- congratulations from this part of the world!!! Now just forward...the hard yards are done and after your last big quit you know how hard it is to get back..so enjoy life..mindfully!! Love you Mr KindMan- you're fabulous xxxx
                          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Great stuff Mr.G!
                            Hi to all.
                            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Top of the morning pilgrims.

Hello Molly and Ktabbers! Thanks for your congrat's. Appreciate yiz dropping in. Have a beaut night my friends. Tabbers how are you?

Day 367. The one year goal has been reached and completed. What next we may ask? Well, today is just another magical day and opportunity to again put my best foot forward and conquer. Conquer? What, who?!! er, meself. In a kind but firm way. The growth and finding fun in that growth continues today. Lot's of music making going on. Gigs tonight. Very noice.

let's git it.

Comment

Top of the saturday morning pardners!

Day 368! Into year 2. Right on homes. Yu feelin me?

Great to play last night. It was a busy evening. My bandmate reckons i look like a typical man of the 1940's or 50's in appearance and character, as in post war style of old fashioned values guy. Then he started to compare me to his father and grandfather which was indeed a compliment but crikey, hang on buddy, i still think i'm 30! It had me a little paranoid for the rest of the gig. .....'hey, do i look OLD in this?' lol. He kinda saved himself by adding i had a bit of that older style European grace of a bloke who'd been around the block, like those film noir movie stars with a smoke hanging out of yer mouth. Er, i think that was a compliment. It was so cool to be out and about with different people at a different gig. You meet all sorts of folk. Above all, it's always an honour and delight to be asked to play my guitar somewhere. This morning i'm reminding myself of gratitude. Today i am grateful.

Grateful also to be having lunch with 2 glamours today, Ava and Steady. Wowza! This will be fun. They'd better be bearing gifts for my 1 year anni!

Do something you love today pardner. Go git it.
                                Last edited by Guitarista; September 13, 2019, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X