Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Day 477!

The plan is to this week make a plan. As in structure my time off a little more efficiently. Gonna keep it real simple and just block out some small chunks of time for things i love, and important stuff that will git me to where i want to git.

Go git it pardners.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

well done G on 478! hope the fires are not affecting you.

Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Originally posted by Samstone View Post
        well done G on 478! hope the fires are not affecting you.

Sam
        Great to see you, Sam! I hope all is well with you. I know we're on the same side politically so today is a tough one. :hug:

Comment

And hello to you, too, Mr G. I'm sorry about the mess your country is in, too. Your PM's response to the fires is appalling. I hope you can get away from the smoke to enjoy the exercise that is part of your (very successful :smile:!) sobriety plan. xx, NS

Comment

Top of the saturday morning to all from the beach pad.

Great to see you NS and Sam! thanks for your concern. Luckily The fires are not affecting me or family too directly as the big ones are a few hours away and we are safe here in the city. Aside from heavy smoke yesterday blown in by strong winds which i'm sure has had a negative effect on many people's health. Less smoky here today, but no rain in sight and the destruction continues with many homes lost and people trapped at the mercy of wind direction. It's a major disaster. People need help. I can't do much else right now but watch from here and send donations. There will be an opportunity to help out on the ground rebuilding farm fences when the fires finally end. As a now sober stand up man, i can at least do that.

Day 478! The plan to make a plan for scheduling my free time more efficiently is in motion. I want something in writing by sunday night G man K? K!

Take it easy out there and go git what you love. Break down the steps and start small today. Document your progress. My experience, countless studies, and millions of others find Documentation/writing makes it more real and you keep accountable to yourself, hence progress happens. You savvy pilgrim?
            Last edited by Guitarista; January 3, 2020, 07:07 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hola!

Day 479. Git it.

Comment

Day 480. Top of the morning.

Gittin meself into a minor tizz re putting a weekly plan/schedule program calendar sort of thing together. hehe. I want to keep it simple and it will be, but sheesh, just researching various planning systems online can git one's head spinning. I know what to do, but looking to see if there's a template already developed that i can slip into. Yep, areas of importance to me and goals have been identified. Looking to maximise my free time that's all.

Area's for me are -

Music. investing/business. Love/relationships. Community work. Already i'm putting minimum 20 mins each day to a recording/writing music session. The other day that turned into 8 hrs lol. Investment affairs include study and action, so looking at a minimum daily chunk of time of 20 minutes. this is flexible to pan out to hour or more etc. Community work - minimum chunk of 20 mins per day. Lurve/relationships - Minimum 20 mins per day but obviously no time limit on r...rel.....relashon......er, relationships.

This is what i've got so far. Note the word MINIMUM. This is so i at least do SOMETHING in these areas DAILY, with the capacity to expand time spent. 20 minutes is a timeframe i can mentally and physically handle. Maybe i will find it easier to allocate 2 of these areas per day rather than 4. It's a starting point. Thinking aloud!

But the main news is that living sober makes life so much easier and allows your natural energy, enthusiasm and spirit come alive. As long as you think positive and let it.

Go git it pardner. Why not you?

Comment

Hola friends,

Following on from above post re scheduling my day/week time better so i make sure i stay focused and git done what i love to do which connects with what i want in life, here is a copy of an old planning system from good ol Tony Robbins. It looks a few years old but still relevant today. Someone might be interested like me to put daily chaos in its place and be a little more focused!

Comment

Hi, G!

I just use plain old Google calendar. I took a great course from a woman who wrote a book called the Together Leader. But basically I used to just have "to do" lists in my head that were random and disconnected. Read this book, write an email to Bob, practice yoga, write that report, etc. She urged us to change the "whats" to "whens," so that basically rather than saying "20 minutes today on investing," I would put in my calendar from 1:00 - 1:20 "Investing research." Her hypothesis is that putting it at a specific time makes it more concrete. That way you could have an AVERAGE of 20 minutes a day for all of those things, but maybe one hour for investing on Monday and Thursday, etc. That might make it seem less frenetic. She also has you keep a few lists so that they make sense. There is a "short time" list for something like sending an email, a "later list" for things you don't want to forget but aren't pressing (books you want to read, for example.) Her course is expensive (work paid), but I'll bet you can get her book at the library if you're interested.

Let me know if you find something you LOVE. I'm always on the lookout.

Pav

Comment

Day 481! Having fun? Yes siree....

Thanks Pav! Yep, makes sense to schedule the when/time. That sure is the plan. I'll look up that book. Feeling ontrack with a planning system hybrid of a few ideas floating around the www. Everything aligning with my life plan and mission statement is the weekly focus, then breaking it down into daily actions towards the big goals in those important (to me) areas of my life. A couple of days off work today and yesterday has resulted in a much more rested and chilled G man. I must've needed a break. Just lounging around yesterday without gym/run exercise gave my body the rest it needed as i feel so refreshed this morning. Very smoky yesterday from the fires so good idea staying indoors anyway.

Today and yesterday off work is giving me some extra relaxed time to construct a time management plan.

Go git it pilgrims.

Comment

Day 485! Good saturday morning friends.

In work today. lucky i like my job. Planning system coming along. Keeping it simple ultimately. Casting a wide net has brought me back to the simple S.M.A.R.T. process. lol.

Go git pilgrim.

Comment

Day 486!

Good sunday morning pardner from the beach pad.

Working day ahead. Git it!

Comment

Awesome progress, G’srer. BTW, Happy New Year. Let’s make this one sober, healthy, and abundantly blessed!
                            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Top of the tuesday morning from the beach pad.

Thanks Techstar. Happy new year to you and yours too mate. Yes Indeed, let's make this year a bewdy all round. Hope you're good.

Day 488! Aiming for 5oo. Living sober never, i say don't git old. It's all positive. Even feeling extremes of emotion, feelings.....dealing with reality and real life, not a haze or deluded perception of reality, is a great thing. If i am getting upset or unhinged by events, my thoughts, perspective on a situation, or people, then i now look at this as an opportunity to find a solution and grow as a person. As opposed to running away hiding head in sand.

Go git it pardners.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                                Top of the tuesday morning from the beach pad.

Thanks Techstar. Happy new year to you and yours too mate. Yes Indeed, let's make this year a bewdy all round. Hope you're good.

Day 488! Aiming for 5oo. Living sober never, i say don't git old. It's all positive. Even feeling extremes of emotion, feelings.....dealing with reality and real life, not a haze or deluded perception of reality, is a great thing. If i am getting upset or unhinged by events, my thoughts, perspective on a situation, or people, then i now look at this as an opportunity to find a solution and grow as a person. As opposed to running away hiding head in sand.

Go git it pardners.
                                No, you’re not aiming for 500. Your aiming for 50,000!
                                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Working...
                                X