• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ What Byrdie said :-)

AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Hi Byrdy and Jane! Thanks.

Good morning from the beach pad. Wild and windy here, on the outside. Have a rippa.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Top of the morning from the beach. Another day to work on getting my head screwed on right!

Have a bewdy out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Morning, G! Can you share a pic of your beach? Maybe you've done that before and I missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
            Morning, G! Can you share a pic of your beach? Maybe you've done that before and I missed it.
            Sure Pie. I don't have one, but will take one sometime. Hope all's good with you. G

Comment

Comment

G. Do you hear a little bit of Freddie Mercury in there? Just a little. Beautiful.
                AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Hiya G-String! Oh, I can only fantasize about seeing you on that beach!!:sohappy::love::happy2:

Comment

Thanks for the link G, I always like to see the music outside of the US compared to whats in and the music in the US seems silly and pretty insignificant, has no fire. Too commercial and lacking creativity. Not all but most.
                    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Originally posted by jane27 View Post
                      G. Do you hear a little bit of Freddie Mercury in there? Just a little. Beautiful.
                      I do Jane now you mention it.

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                      Hiya G-String! Oh, I can only fantasize about seeing you on that beach!!:sohappy::love::happy2:
                      Oh Rusty! You've given me a much needed chuckle.

Originally posted by allswell View Post
                      Thanks for the link G, I always like to see the music outside of the US compared to whats in and the music in the US seems silly and pretty insignificant, has no fire. Too commercial and lacking creativity. Not all but most.
                      Yo Adubbya. So much great music around. I find I have to look for it, and usually find it on smaller public or community radio.

Warmest greetings from the beach pad where it is blustery and wild. Have a great weekend everyone. G

Comment

Reflection: Sat. 13:00 hrs

I need to find the ON switch for life. And some sort of spiritual awakening as in a real inner connection with myself. Been wandering around in a bit of a daze these last few weeks, a little lost. And that was sober....It's scary. So some action is required. A couple of things I'm thinking about. One is to join a martial arts club and begin a more inward focus tied in with some good old eastern/Buddhist philosophy. Also some face to face connection with other alkies. This is mainly only available via any AA meeting. I'm not a huge AA fan, but I know there's strength in numbers at least, and some strictly sober contacts could be a good power base to work from. And making music of course, always. Anyway just thinking aloud. Back in the fold.
                        Last edited by Guitarista; June 5, 2015, 11:09 PM.

Comment

And meeting for a coffee with a sober friend would be fun.

Its hard G to find that inner peace and connection with ourselves but i do think that comes with time and focusing on one aim. I know when i stopped drinking i had to focus on just that and slowly begin to connect with the outside world again.

I said to my son the other day that it was easier when i drank, all i had to focus on was which bottle shop i had been to the day before. Now i go to work, visit robert at lunch, throw in the gym, come home and cook and hit the repeat button the next day but hope i get some me time also. I need to find a happy medium as i get overwhelmed.

I could teach you to knit, now that is relaxing!
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Ava, I did have a crack on a sewing machine once stitching up some jeans. That was cool, although I'm in no rush to repeat the experience. Yeah, I will be keeping things simple and not take on too much. I might back off the volunteering for awhile too and focus on me. Some inner work is needed here so above is the plan so far. Speaking of sober friends, are you still up for a coffee sometime? Hope you're getting some relaxation time in this weekend. G

Comment

God i could not sew to save myself, i would be forever naked! Though i would be kept warm with a scarf or beanie.
                              I had a lot of me time in the early months or pretty well much 9 of them. Only since i have hit a year have i been emotionally okay to do what "normal" people seem to do daily and even sometimes i want a cave to crawl into.
                              I sure am free, Robert has been in hospital again for 3 weeks at this stage and if i dont see him for lunch i will get to work early and visit. After work is not a problem either. Just name a day that suits and i will be free.
                              I always try for a ME day and that was yesterday but it can also lead to a two or three day ME time if i let it.
                              You can always go back to volunteering G, if i didnt make myself my top priority i would not be this long sober, even the kids came second which was very hard but i knew in my heart that this is how it had to be to heal and have my life back without al in it. And now i have it all, everything i lost to that fucking bottle i have back.
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

[QUOTE=available;1615904]God i could not sew to save myself, i would be forever naked! Though i would be kept warm with a scarf or beanie.
                                QUOTE]

Well I'm glad to hear that!

I hope Robert is as comfortable as possible through this. Thanks my friend. I'll get my bearings, screw me head on, and be in touch.

Take care. G

Comment

Working...
                                X