No announcement yet.

G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top of the sunday morning to all from the beach pad.

Wild and windy here, but some beautiful healing sunshine peaking through the fast moving soft floating magic carpet clouds.

Morning meditation done. I am moving into Buddhist monk territory on the inside. This may or may not include flying over rooftops training. If this is a requirement for monastic pursuits, then I'm in. I won't be shaving my head though. I've paid too much for my current toupe collection from France, including the deluxe and ultra Euro 5000 sports models to throw them out until I get my money's worth.

Take care out there.
    Last edited by Guitarista; June 6, 2015, 06:59 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning, G! I'll bet in high school you were voted Most Likely to Fly Over Rooftops.

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
        Morning, G! I'll bet in high school you were voted Most Likely to Fly Over Rooftops.
        Hey Pie. Yes, I do recall amongst a few 'disruptive influence in class' school reports, there were also a couple of encouraging comments like 'although, the kid's got potential'. I reckon it's about time a took myself a little more seriously and start kicking some ass with my next 30 years or so left on the planet.

Hope your weekend is a bewdy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Well, my quest for a Buddhist temple to hang out in may've been fulfilled. After looking at the many western run hipster joints with some honky in a crimson robe charging top dollar to walk into their temple and take part in a second hand version of enlightenment, I think I've found the real deal not too far from me. A rang this joint and spoke with a woman for whom English is not her first language. After a bit of explaining, I think she understood that I am another western knucklehead starting his Buddhism journey. I asked if I could just quietly sit in the temple and meditate for 30 minutes or so a couple of times a week and asked if there was any fee attached. She laughed and said it's free. Just ring the doorbell, or better still, call me when you are coming and me or my sister will let you in and cook up some food for you too. Whaaa?! How good is this. I'll be sure to drop in next week sometime. I will also be sure to offer a donation.

This is what I am looking for. The kosher Buddhism deal that doesn't have expectations. Just open to all no matter how much money you have in your pocket. I won't be sporting a bald head just yet though, as I still want to get my money's worth out of the toupe's I recently purchased from France, particularly the real hair look of the Euro sports ultra and deluxe models. Ooroo, and give a kosher monk a dollar.

Comment

I hope you find the calm and centering that Buddhism can offer - and I guess acceptance. Acceptance for yourself of what you are and what others are. The temple you located sounds friendly too. Thats great.
            I am not a Buddhist but I am always intrigued by how wide-ranging the temples can be - from very noisy and busy (as in some Chinese and Indian temples) to the zen-like monkish places.
            But as for charging to come inside - that sucks.
            Hope the rest of your long weekend goes well. We had our holiday last Monday

Comment

Originally posted by treetops View Post
              I hope you find the calm and centering that Buddhism can offer - and I guess acceptance. Acceptance for yourself of what you are and what others are. The temple you located sounds friendly too. Thats great.
              I am not a Buddhist but I am always intrigued by how wide-ranging the temples can be - from very noisy and busy (as in some Chinese and Indian temples) to the zen-like monkish places.
              But as for charging to come inside - that sucks.
              Hope the rest of your long weekend goes well. We had our holiday last Monday
              Thanks TT. Well, I gotta try something, and I've always been attracted to and related easily to much eastern philosophy. Time to work on the inner man. Have a rippa over there my friend.

Comment

Good Morning, Mr. G (yes, I still have a crush on you...you're one addiction I refuse to give up! Haha)

Hi Reggie....you are lucky enough to live up the road from such an amazing place?? Wow, I must make it to Australia one day!! Great to see you!!

Comment

hey Reggie...thanks for posting all the links....and thank you for making me feel so welcome...no matter what thread I am on!:happy2:

Comment

I think you are so great and so much appreciated you are such a cool person
                    Aww...Reggie...that is so sweet! Thank you! You made my day.

Um, Mr. G....you might have some competition! Hahaha

Comment

Mr.G-I just had a read back to your posts...and I admire you looking for spirituality in Buddhist traditions...you sound so pensive...and yet, you never give up.

I think it is marvelous that you and Ava live close enough together to connect. This, however, made me laugh:
                      I won't be shaving my head though. I've paid too much for my current toupe collection from France, including the deluxe and ultra Euro 5000 sports models to throw them out until I get my money's worth.
                      I used to b in radio, and my on-air partner, who would give the weather forecast...used to say on very windy days, "Cheap rug (toupe) warning today, folks..if you are wearing a cheap rug, then don't go outside!!!" Hahah

Comment

Good morning all from the beach pad.

Hi Rusty! Windy out today, so I'm of course relieved I have a rug that has the latest scone fastening technology. Let me know if you ever come out here and i'll show you around my friend.

Thanks for the links Reg. Please don't have arguments with other members on this thread in future. You can always start your own to express viewpoints. I respect your views along with everyone's, but I am not in great shape at the moment, and I value the support I get here and want people to feel comfortable posting here at all times. They, like you are my friends and I want you and everyone else to feel welcome and comfortable. Positive comments only around here please mate. Thanks.

Morning med done i.e. meditation. I found an easy to handle 5 minute guided med for bludgers to begin with. Dunno how long I could listen to Candy's voice, but I sure appreciate her efforts in uploading a freebie.

A 5 minute guided morning meditation to start your day off calm, aware, and relaxed. Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/yogabycandaceTwitter: http://www.twitt...

Trying to find a doc on a public holiday to extract a piece of sea shell or something lodged in my heel is today's adventure. More on twitter, twatter and ballsr.

Take it easy.

Comment

Are you OK Mr.G?
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yo Pauly. Yes, I'm alright thanks. Just regrouping and pulling myself out of an abyss not associated with boozing. On track and optimistic. Thanks for asking my friend. Hope all's good with you.

“Vajra” is a Sanskrit word that literally means
                            “a diamond”; the Vajra scepter is a metaphor of the indestructible
                            nature of the Buddha’s wisdom that can shatter delusion.

I shall now announce down at the temple the new fella wishes to be addressed as Vajra. :congratulatory:

Deer Park. The place where the Buddha delivered his first sermon to
                            the Five Bhiksus. It is in Sarnath near Varanasi, long considered a
                            Buddhist holy place in India.

It's also a western suburb of Melbourne.

Comment

Top of the Tuesday morning to all.

Fab much needed sleep and feeling much better. Off to the doc's to get some kryptonite extracted from my heel, so then i'll be able to run again. All in all, things are on the up. Have a good one out there.

Comment

kryptonite.jpg

May be a bit too small to read. I keep meaning to ask JC how she posts such large images.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Pie; June 8, 2015, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X