G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Good afternoon from a sunny beach pad downunder.

Thanks everyone for your congratulations. It is beautiful to read. Hope all are going ok in these difficult times.

If i take any positives we can possibly get from such turmoil and global disaster as covid, i reckon it's important to remember that any of us experiencing hard times no matter what our current situation, there is also an opportunity to rise from the ashes like a phoenix. Easier said than done i know, but it is always an option (sometimes we've gotta dig deep to see it). Like me ol mate Vic Frenkl alludes to in his book 'Man's search for meaning' which to me is this - I can create my preferred world within my head, where nothing can negatively influence me.

Take it easy out there. Don't rip yourself off ever again. Last but not least............go fkn git it pilgrim!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

How'd I miss??

CONGRATULATIONS, Mr. G. Two years sober is an amazing accomplishment! Thanks for being here for us all and reminding us to love life, to take care of ourselves even in small ways, and to have fun doing it.

Rawk on, Mr. G.

xo
      Pav

Comment

You’ve been living out this Frankl quote for the last 2 years, Mr G - Congratulations on your freedom!

Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.
        Viktor E. Frankl

Comment

Congratulations Mr. G!!!!!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks evabody. Much appreciated. :heartbeat:

Day 734. Git it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Day 166 and wishing you all a bewdiful day :victorious:

Comment

100 is tops Fickstar, but 166......Wowza!

Day 735.

Git it pilgrim!

Comment

Day 737. Aiming to break my longest AF stretch.....2.5 years!

Participating in an online seminar this weekend. 4 days 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. phew...intensive! It's a bit cheesy and corny but it's a Tony Robbins seminar called Unleash the power within. I'm not a big self help 'guru' industry fan, but i've listened to the big man on free you tube vids here and there over the years and he makes sense. He has a mainstream mum and dad common folk style approach which = he explains the connection between thought, feelings, action, mood state etc very simply and well so u can understand it. A mix of NLP, our 3 principles thread action, and lot's of steps on the how to's. Basic stuff. Science/evidence based strategies. He explores all of the known common ingredients to git where u want to git to. Everything's covered such as physiology, shaking ur ass to awaken the nervous system in order to better absorb information, controlling thoughts, feelings. Identifying and breaking through mental barriers. After 40 + years of training people, he knows a thing or 2. What i like is his communication style. Simple and effective with solid methods that have stood the test of time. He get's you to 'feel' your decisions closing ur eyes, meditating on them in order to embed an emotional link with the nervous system. The idea being that decision takes hold deep within. Then you've gotta work it with massive action. makes sense.

All of this info's been out there for centuries, just that he's condensed it and delivers it in a way that anyone can understand. That's the big guru's power. When you seperate the corny hype and glazed eyes of frothing fans, the guy could possibly be the number one human development strategist going around. Take what u need and leave the rest.

In other news, album coming along well. Aiming to finish end of month. At least 2 or 3 albums. Back to the big guru and todays 12 hour seminar. :llama::nutso:

Git it.
                  Last edited by Guitarista; September 18, 2020, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Good morning G, day 168 here...
                    Great post! You are already such a powerhouse so can't imagine what new heights you might reach. More power to you and looking forward to hear your progress. I met someone while I was on retreat who has worked with TR and had all good things to say about him. I was turned off him years ago by something insensitive he said back in the early days. I expect he might have matured quite a bit by now.
                    Heading into the garden and gittin it

Comment

Hola Fickstar and all,

Day 739. Wow. 'Trade your expectations for appreciation and your life will change in an instant' as the big guru TR said on the weekend. But we already know that!

Go git it pardners.

Comment

Day 741!

Are we having fun? Er, not all of us G man. Settle down son. All's ok here. Making music and keeping healthy and sane.

Take it easy out there.

Git it!

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                          'Trade your expectations for appreciation and your life will change in an instant' as the big guru TR said on the weekend. But we already know that!
                          Day 173 and grateful to be in work. Had a tiny moment of feeling frustrated that my days are unfolding in exactly the same way each day and so uneventful. Then I realised I was forgetting how fortunate I am. Great quote G, thanks :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by fickle View Post
                            Day 173 and grateful to be in work. Had a tiny moment of feeling frustrated that my days are unfolding in exactly the same way each day and so uneventful. Then I realised I was forgetting how fortunate I am. Great quote G, thanks :thumbsup:
                            Great move Ma'am. Perspective. Congrat's on 173 days of inner progress.

Day 742 over here. Raaawkin. Lunch wit an old friend at a market. Masks on, but i can take the thing off to eat and sip me herbal tea. First a run and dip at the beach. Outdoor shower there making a spectacle, then off to lunch.

Go git it.

Comment

Day 743.

Git it.

Comment

Day 176 here and pondering the phenomenon of happiness. I am sitting in bed with the uplifting light of spring streaming in all around me and feeling such gratitude for this moment.

Watched a movie last night that was quite the opposite so got me thinking. It was the Charlie Kaufman movie Thinking of ending things - same guy behind Being John Malkovitch and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind which were wonderful movies.

This one seemed to be mostly about hopelessness and futility. I noticed how much my mind refused to cooperate and rejected these ideas. I was trying to watch the movie and keep an open mind.. waiting for the point of the movie to materialise. The struggle was because on some level I felt it was immature and it irritated me in a simliar way that some Woody Allen movies used to annoy me with their long self indulgent dialogues. I don't know if I missed the point of the movie because of my internal struggles, or if there wasn't actually a point.

One thing I've noticed about sobriety is the change it has wrought in my psyche. Prolific appreciation and gratitude manifests for no particular reason all the time. The fragility and transience of things fills me with appreciation rather than despair. In the past contemplating these things would have filled me with fear and darkness. I just can't relate to that frame of mind any more.

Just wondering if you can relate G?

Comment

Working...
                                X