G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Must be day 1114 but i ain't one fo countin' none.

Go git some pardner.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Great progress G-Man. It gets so much easier and life gets so much better. I’m in Scottsdale, Arizona and just did a 5.5 mile loop hike twice today. Before the quit that is something I would not have bothered considering while here. BTW, it was just gorgeous out. A bit warm but loved every footstep. Keep rocking it brother G!
      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Thanks T star.

Nothing beats nature and the great outdoors!

Day 1115.

Gittin it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Day 1116! How'r trix?

The sun is shining here. A coolish spring day still in covid lockdown. Govt. aiming for oct 26th opening up of restrictions which should coincide with 70-80% pop. vax rate. That's the plan here anyway. PITA but at least i have a job, my health, relative good health of those close to me, and a guitar to strum. I'm def a hombre fortunado as i like to say to the chica's lol.

Take it easy and Go git it at your own pace.

Comment

Day triple one seven.

Good monday morning to all from the beach pad. A swim in the bay yesterday was noice, though a bit murky coz of recent heavy rain/stormwater discharge. Still, it's a healing thing for me to submerge myself in the ocean, even if i may've caught smallpox, chickenpox, measles, covid variant from suburban stormwater outfall.......I'm still standing this morning!

In work. Git it pilgrim.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
              Day triple one seven.

Good monday morning to all from the beach pad. A swim in the bay yesterday was noice, though a bit murky coz of recent heavy rain/stormwater discharge. Still, it's a healing thing for me to submerge myself in the ocean, even if i may've caught smallpox, chickenpox, measles, covid variant from suburban stormwater outfall.......I'm still standing this morning!

In work. Git it pilgrim.
              Elton John - I'm Still Standing - YouTube
              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Day 1120. Still standing and..............loving it.

Go git some pardner's.

Comment

1.1.2.1. days of no boozin'. How the fook do ya do that? A day at a time really. That's all it can be. As Byrdy say's - all u gotta do is get through today.

Go git it pardner. That includes you over there in the cheap seats. I see you friend.

Comment

Day 1123, look at me! Ok, don't look too hard.

Git it pardner's.

Comment

Stupid question but how do you long timers keep track of the days? I'm only on day 26 but had to do some real math to figure it out, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulburry View Post
                        Stupid question but how do you long timers keep track of the days? I'm only on day 26 but had to do some real math to figure it out, haha.
                        there are no stupid questions Mulberry, only stupid answers, and here is one - I may be day 1123, but i never been one fo countin'.

I sometimes have to check this thread for a number and date to work it out. Just coz i count doesn't mean i'm guaranteed sober success. Just my style. I'm amazed when i look at 10 days, 100, or now over a grand. For me it's a simple extra reinforcement of achievement. I don't remember my quit date unless i use a calculator.

Congratulations on day 26! that's a huge achievement. Hope you're going ok there friend.
                        Last edited by Guitarista; October 10, 2021, 03:35 AM.

Comment

I sometimes have to check this thread for a number and date to work it out.
                          That's a good tip actually. Easier than trying to figure it out on a calendar.

Congratulations on day 26! that's a huge achievement. Hope you're going ok there friend.
                          Thanks. Also I appreciate all of you keeping the count going, because those numbers in the thousands seem so insane to me, but it's comforting to know that others have achieved it.

Seems like things are on the upswing again, but I'm hesitant to make such proclamations as this has been such a roller coaster. It's such a cliche but I'm just trying to adopt the "one day at a time" mantra with this.
                          Last edited by Mulburry; October 11, 2021, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Good work Mulberry,

Yep, one day at a time is all we have no matter where ur from. There is no tomorrow.

Day 1125 and i'm alive! Oh yeah. Thank u umpire.

Git it pilgrim.

Comment

Day 1128! don't be late G man.....Yes Ma'am.

Comment

Top of the Saturday morning pardner's,

Day 1129 but i never been, i say i ain't one fo countin'.

Moving ahead slowly but surely on the pull a rabbit out of a hat business front. Big business man here wit the big deals!

Either way i'm a winner. Why? Coz no matter what i still got my guitar baby. And my health.

Go git it.

Comment

Working...
                                X