• Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Sounds fantastic, Mr G. I'm so envious! Have a great time x
    AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Day 1243 on Latin time.

Thanks Steady. Only a couple of days in and the feeling's muy bien. Hope you're going good. Look forward to a catch up with u and Ava when we can in these tricky times. I note that daily infections in Vic seem to be trending down at least. I'm putting my faith in masks and my triple vax state! I'm not too worried about my own health if i'm exposed, more the potential of passing it on to vulnerable others not to mention flight delays. But so far so good.

First gig here last night in a back street where the dim lighting was perfect.

Go git it pardner's.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Day 1245, yo still alive. LC?

The feeling's good. Interesting times so far. It's fun. Not a lot to report really, just soaking up the vibe. One thing that occurs to me though is i am getting a little more inspired about life and its wonders and beauty.

Git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Day 1246.

Off to a river for a swim in fresh mountain water. With a cool chica. Allllright.

Take it easy and go git some pardner.

Comment

Day 1247 yo in heaven.

The feeling's good 'round here. Have been spending some nice quality time with a certain chica. She's one of the most decent down to earth people you'd meet. Anyway, enjoying each others company for now. Tomorrow i leave for Cartagena, but we've forged a strong connection. Who knows what the road ahead will bring. And who cares really? It's just great to be alive, sober and living life. Mi hombre fortunada.

Git it pardner's.

Comment

Wonderful. Life is good!!!
              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Life is good here. Work is going well and I finally got my password fixed after months of trying to get the email to come I finally got it fixed so now I am back with a password that I can remember.

Still sober. There are times when my AL mind tries to convince me that I miss getting drunk but I just remind myself that I do not miss the after effects and the regrets. I do not miss making an arse out of myself and worry what my mom thinks and if I could hide my hangover at church. I still go out every now and then and have a good time. I just stay sober and sometimes it can be interesting to see others go to regret the day after. I sleep way better now when I do go out and no more AL insomina.

Taking it ODAAT
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Day 1251! Yo having fun Gman? Hello G man??? You there bro?

Yo! Here i am. Just forcefully extracting myself from the local empanada stand. You wouldn't wanna eat this rich, deep fried comida too often though.

Good to see you Drifty. Glad you're back again. You're right on with your comments about the after effects and regrets. Not worth the hour or so buzz for 24 hours + of misery.

Reporting from Cartagena on the Carribean coast. The city beaches are busy, plenty of vendors touting their wares. Everyone's in a g string, including the blokes depending what beach you go to. The water is fine for swimming, small surf, warm in. Cool breeze usually in the evenings. People friendly everywhere, even if some are more interested in a business proposition. Around 28C on average. Feels hot, but Very noice.

Making a little music. 11 days left with plenty more adventure to pack in. Take it easy out there.

Comment

Must be day 1254 but who's, i say i ain't one fo countin none.

Chillin in Quito Ecuador. Beautiful town a couple of kilometres above sea level. A bit chilly at night, but nothing rad. Day's around 17C.

Take it easy out there. Go git it.

quito from my apartment feb 2022.jpg
                    Last edited by Guitarista; February 21, 2022, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Soak it all up, G-Man!
                      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Day 1255 and good to be alive! eh LC? :love:

The feeling's good 'round here. So cool to be on the road doing a bit of travel. It always puts me outside myself and my world back home a little. Kind of like looking from the outside in. I get a different perspective on life. Usually an improved one.

Go git it pardner's. Make a decision. Life is full of treasure that is yours for the taking. Free of charge, and full of wonder, failure and joy. And it's all maaaaagnificent. The only part i have to do is take action. Have a dream or goal. Tick. Have the outcome or target identified. Tick. Now - take daily action towards that dream, goal, desired outcome/destination. I don't have to know how, i only need to move mo ass daily towards it. Then the distance between what i really want and where i am now gits shorter and shorter. Embrace failure, as that's part of the journey, and a sign you are trying/succeeding.

2 essential ingredients i've noticed in the recipe. 1. A target. 2. Daily action, persistence.

Git it. Why not you, why not now?

Comment

Putting this here coz it's true and good advice. Thanks Lav.

"LETTING THERE BE ROOM FOR NOT KNOWING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OF ALL. WHEN THERE'S A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT, WE DON'T KNOW IF THAT'S THE END OF THE STORY. IT MAY JUST BE THE BEGINNING OF A GREAT ADVENTURE. LIFE IS LIKE THAT. WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING. WE CALL SOMETHING BAD; WE CALL IT GOOD. BUT REALLY WE JUST DON'T KNOW." ~ Pema Chodron

When my nurse squeeze of a couple of months saw the light and gave me the flick in 2017, i was dissappointed. But then i flipped how a looked at it. I went from depravation to gratitude for the time we spent together, and the fact that such a gorgeous woman was even attracted to me. The whole experince gave me a needed boot up the backside and from there soon after began the first of my solo guitar adventures through South america. That disappointment and low point fuelled the resurgence of a man they simply call 'Guapo' round these here parts.
                          Last edited by Guitarista; February 23, 2022, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Day 1257!

The feeling's good. 3 more days left on the adventure. Time sure flies when you're having fun as the saying goes. A great mini tour of streets and cafes, late lunch and rehearsal last night with my new found band. Recording an album today. I was offered a gig last night in a cool little bar so hoping the spot's still open and i can do that tonight.

Take it easy and go git it pardner's. Jones?
                            Last edited by Guitarista; February 26, 2022, 07:55 AM.

Comment

So happy you are having fun and immersing yourself in the culture. We are you currently?

Comment

Yo Techstar!

I'm back home. Arrived yesterday after being up for around 30 hours to connect flights and not miss them. Had a good sleep so almost back to normal. The feeling's good.

How are you amigo?

Day 1262. Git it.

Comment

Working...
                                X