G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Careful how you guys talk about plumbers! haha
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
      Careful how you guys talk about plumbers! haha
      Yes ABC, the subtext of these deranged ho's wasn't lost on me. :congratulatory:

75 today. I'm reminded of a past aussie poster Marty, who I think got to around 80 ish then we didn't see him again. Very keen and passionate about his daily exercise and sobriety. Hope all's ok out there mate.

I reckon one useful tool is to think of those AF folks around us in the world, in Hollywood, Bollywood or the fella in the warehouse down at the supermarket who's celebrating 18 mths.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I sometimes think of people I admire (Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden) or like (Rob Lowe, Cher, Mr. G) who run in faster circles than I do without drinking. If they can do it, surely I can, too!
        Last edited by NoSugar; November 4, 2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks Sugarbabe you charmer you. :happy2:

Robert Downey jnr too. Danny Trejo. There are many when I think of it. Well, of course there are. Keeping our inspiration/motivation/reason for getting and living sober right there at the forefront of our day is important for me.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Bloody love the inspiration this thread brings

I had a plumber come a visiting too vestee . Seems we are all in need of a bit maintenance !

Comment

The best of the best of good mornings to you from the coveted beach pad.

Jane said something I liked about having self locking handcuffs when we're drinking. And when sober, to remember they are still around and keep them where we can see them. Freedom! It sure was a ball and chain around my ankles stopping me from flying.

But the great news is, and I'm talking to you over there in the cheap seats.......I/we had the power to say no more, and fly all along (thanks Pavi).

Struth Ruth, is it only 76 today? Ah who, I say who's counting anyway.

Comment

Great post Mr G!!!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                  The best of the best of good mornings to you from the coveted beach pad.

Jane said something I liked about having self locking handcuffs when we're drinking. And when sober, to remember they are still around and keep them where we can see them. Freedom! It sure was a ball and chain around my ankles stopping me from flying.

But the great news is, and I'm talking to you over there in the cheap seats.......I/we had the power to say no more, and fly all along (thanks Pavi).

Struth Ruth, is it only 76 today? Ah who, I say who's counting anyway.
                  I am feeling that freedom too Mr G!!! I have plans that I KNOW I will execute AND enjoy. Before I would have just probably sat at home drinking n stuff. OR I would have itching to finish what I was doing so I get home to my al prison

Comment

Oh and I am counting :welldone:

Comment

Yep Starty, the AL prison.

Disguised as a relaxing 5 star getaway. It's like some twisted horror movie but worse.

Hope your day is a pearler.

How r ya Techstar?

Comment

Cruisey Saturday night here. Working early tomorrow, so chillin with some ice cream and a few riffs. Noice.

Incredible the effect you have on other people when you are sober, positive and have a spring in your step. People love it. They smile at you and doors open. Simple, but never ceases to amaze me. You can put that vibe to good use.

The more time I put between now and the last drink the better, healthier and stronger i am. That is for sure.

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Top of the sunday morning to you reader.

In work today, so doing the hard yards! ha. Not so hard really. I'm grateful for the paid work.

78 today but who, I say who's f$&%n counting?

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Morning Mr G and glad to see you are bopping along. Not so sunny where I am and I even have the fire going. Have a beaut Sunday.

Comment

The best of the best of good mornings to you reader, and to you Mrs TT.

Jumpin Jesuits it must be day 79 but who, I say who's counting?

Next sunday is a running race called 'city to sea'. 14 k's. Did it last year. Depends on the budget. They charge an arm and a leg for late entry. Either way i'll be running somewhere on the day race or not.

Hope you are good over there in my fave place of all............the cheap seats. Ooroo.

Comment

Checking in from the cheapest of the cheap seats. Day 14 (yes I am counting )

How long does it take you to run about 5k Mr G?

Comment

Working...
                                X