X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samstone View Post
    Merry Christmas G!!!!!
    Merry Xmas to you and yours Sam.

Just back from Xmas day lunch in a big pub with family. Had a good time but glad it's over. Was going to miss it but thought it best to challenge myself and turn up . I could always leave early, but stayed to the end. Good day all round. Merry Xmas and compliments of the season everyone.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Glad you had a good time Mr G. Yes, challenging yourself is good. That is what I am doing today. Merry Christmas !x

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
        Glad you had a good time Mr G. Yes, challenging yourself is good. That is what I am doing today. Merry Christmas !x
        Enjoy urself Starty thx. Have a gr 8 day.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Merry Christmas Mr G! Glad you had a good one!
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Merry Christmas to G, et al
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Merry Xmas to you Daisy and the Techstar. Hope you are having a nice one.

Boxing Day morning here, but I 'm not putting on the gloves cause there ain't no fight with booze, no siree. Just a peaceful and optimistic heart. This heart ain't nowhere near full, but what's in there is noice enough to appreciate. Must be 126 but I ain't one for countin

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                Merry Xmas to you and yours Sam.

Just back from Xmas day lunch in a big pub with family. Had a good time but glad it's over. Was going to miss it but thought it best to challenge myself and turn up . I could always leave early, but stayed to the end. Good day all round. Merry Xmas and compliments of the season everyone.
                Thanks for this post G-Man. I can not imagine having to gather with my family in a pub and me not taking part in the FireWater. In fact, it can be challenging enough not to be in a pub with all my family gathered together and to not drink. Thanks for passing along an example of courage and the reality that it is never as bad as we might think it can/will be.

--sf--

Comment

Any goals for the new year G and everyone? 2016 will be a year where work does not dominate, spend more time outside, run a few races faster than this year, play some banjo, and relax more without feeling like I need a drink to do it. The big goal is to be the best possible person, in an over the top way, to the people that are good to me. All achievable goals if I choose to stay on track. Anyone else???
                  2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

[QUOTE=Spiritfree;1653841In fact, it can be challenging enough not to be in a pub with all my family gathered together and to not drink. Thanks for passing along an example of courage and the reality that it is never as bad as we might think it can/will be.

--sf--[/QUOTE]

Merry Xmas to you and yours SF. I usually find being in a pub or around grog is ok provided I have an exit plan. e.g. own transport . But the trick for me is to try to enjoy the company and retain some sense of wonder at the little things. Take care mate.

Comment

Originally posted by allswell View Post
                      Any goals for the new year G and everyone? 2016 will be a year where work does not dominate, spend more time outside, run a few races faster than this year, play some banjo, and relax more without feeling like I need a drink to do it. The big goal is to be the best possible person, in an over the top way, to the people that are good to me. All achievable goals if I choose to stay on track. Anyone else???
                      Yo A Dubbya! Yes yes yes...... Less work and far more me time. This has been a huge plus for me for physical and mental health. Good call. Finishing music albums and err well actually looking for one, I say ONE extra days week paid work will do me. A project I have up needs some love, but staying relaxed, zen like and worry free r the foundations. Strummin and runnin. A bit like u. I can hear that damn banjo from here!

127 but who's counting. Gig tonight yeehaw. Git some self lovin in out there.

Comment

Great gig tonight. We hadn't played together for awhile, but we fooled em again. We'll just keep playing till the jig is up.

Molly has 4 years! Wow that woman. Star.

A little icecream then bed soon.

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Top of a monday morning to you from the beach pad. What am i on today? Nothing really aside from coffee and an optimistic heart. I'll take that as a head space to kick off the day.

Great to wail on the geetar to a live audience again last night. Especially when they actually like it. Not always a given with original music lol. Anyway, ego stroked, a couple of hugs, and some warm smiles. That's what i'm talking about..........c....c.....co.....con....connection !

128 though i'm not one for counting.

Take it easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                            Top of a monday morning to you from the beach pad. What am i on today? Nothing really aside from coffee and an optimistic heart. I'll take that as a head space to kick off the day.

Great to wail on the geetar to a live audience again last night. Especially when they actually like it. Not always a given with original music lol. Anyway, ego stroked, a couple of hugs, and some warm smiles. That's what i'm talking about..........c....c.....co.....con....connection !

128 though i'm not one for counting.

Take it easy.
                            G-Man -Top of the eve to ya. I sometimes find myself envious of you all who find tomorrow before I do -but I will survive. It is good to hear that you are hearing and feeling good. Hey, one other thing G-Man; I have written another song that probably won't go any further than the last one, but it is quite fitting to my life; "My Granddaddy Was a Shiner" from the foothills....
                            (And actually it was my great grand dad but those words would not work in the song -lol, but true).

--sf--

Comment

Good job on the song SF. Creating music is fab. Big market for that one.

Top of the Tuesday morn to you valued reader. 35c+ forecast for the rest of the week here. I will be frolicking out and about in it swimming with all sorts of critters nipping at my feet. Love it.

129 but who's counting.

Comment

Good Wednesday morning to you from the beach pad.

Some hot weather round these parts. A shortened run in the shade and some laps in the sea is ahead for today. Not concerned with sharks the last couple of years since I stopped eating flake. The shark be sayin.....'No no, that's G man you dummy! He don't eat shark anymore. Plus he's 130 days AF. Respect! Let's go for this dopey tourist instead" :congratulatory:

Last edited by Guitarista; December 29, 2015, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X