No announcement yet.

G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aw shucks LC. Thanks. More tunes to come!

Monday morning here. Gr8 to get out to dinner with old friends and new last night. The joint was jumpin'. I need to get out more. So many gorgeous women out there to meet, and ya don't meet 'em sitting at home. Well, in my defence not going out has been an important part of my sobriety plan to avoid temptation etc, but now I'm gonna venture out a lot more and say yes more often. The friend who invited me to dinner last night seems to think we are a couple. Um, we haven't slept together since 2011 and we don't hang out together regularly. She asked me a year ago if I was interested romantically and I replied no, but I value our friendship. It's a bit awkward when last night in group convo she would use the word 'we' went there once (café) or we have breakfast there (er, once about 6 mths ago) and then one of the group, in response to me saying I may be living elsewhere at some stage but I have some gr8 things happening here so not sure if I'll move towns just yet said....'ah yes, you might not move because of' (insert name of my female friend sitting there). Time for a yap to this woman to remind her of the reality of the situation. Sheesh. Nice to be wanted though.

Take it easy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Oh Mr G - another woman throwing herself at you. What will I do????????? :rotlf: :rotlf::cuss::fist:
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good to see you having a social life Mr G. You might have to do some straight-talking with that friend to avoid misunderstandings.
        Damned cold here today. Bet its warm across the ditch!

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
          Oh Mr G - another woman throwing herself at you. What will I do????????? :rotlf: :rotlf::cuss:
          Lol Nora! Well I suppose after all these years I should be honoured, and I am. One thing I have noticed though which directly relates to AF time and living sober is we just look a whole lot better, brighter and healthier. Less puff and redness, shinier hair, maybe a twinkle in the eye. Our gait, or mine at least is different too. I walk taller and prouder, mainly because I feel good and have less/no fear anymore.

We turn heads ya know!

I wish you peace and strength Nora, and I wish the same for your son. Knowing you are there for him will be a big comfort. :hug:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Originally posted by treetops View Post
            Good to see you having a social life Mr G. You might have to do some straight-talking with that friend to avoid misunderstandings.
            Damned cold here today. Bet its warm across the ditch!
            Yo TT. Thanks. Done the straight talk. Alas, it is time to do it again. 27C here rest of week but a few clouds about. Hope your year is kicking orf nicely.

Comment

Ahh Mr G, your magnetic personality attracts the ladies and they just wanna stick to you Yes, some people take more time than others to get the picture. Poor girl Be gentle with her won't ya?

Comment

Happy New Year G!! Have a good one
                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

G, I have been reading the three P's and In my mind I am turning heads. I like that!
                  I would like to have some of that 27C weather, it is -10 or so here and going down to -23C. Normally not a big deal but my new puppy does not like the cold.
                  In my mind I am hangin out with you on the beach
                  Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                  "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Top of the Wednesday morning to my friends in the cheap seats and to all in the dress circle.

Plenty of beach to run down here Narilly. Good luck with puppy logistics!

137 I think, but I ain't one for counting. I sometimes just check with my quit buddy Q Dubbya to see where I'm at. 27C and cloudy, but not too cloudy in my head and heart.

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Top of the fkn Friday morning to you valued and much cherished reader.

Must be 139 but who, I say who's counting. Well, the slingshot is serviced and at the ready to fire a few shots at the clown with the leafblower next door, who is surely affecting the ambience at the beach pad this morning. Use a broom mate. Meditative and doesn't require fossil fuel or use the fossil part of the brain!

I reckon it's good to get excited about something in our life. Might be reigniting an old passion or hobby. Finding a reason to be excited or enthusiastic about I find really helps when living sober. Part of the maintainence phase.

May all bee's be well and happy.

Comment

That is a great point Mr G. Getting enthused about life and interests. We are just talking about this on the Army thread. I have had many hobbies (obsessions) and I find I always need new ones to capture my imagination. You are so lucky having a staple love in your music.

Cannot see the point in leaf blowers meseif. Surely they just get moved to another location? They still have to be picked up so why not simply pick them up where they lay and not blast them into another spot before collecting them?

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                          That is a great point Mr G. Getting enthused about life and interests. We are just talking about this on the Army thread. I have had many hobbies (obsessions) and I find I always need new ones to capture my imagination. You are so lucky having a staple love in your music.

Cannot see the point in leaf blowers meseif. Surely they just get moved to another location? They still have to be picked up so why not simply pick them up where they lay and not blast them into another spot before collecting them?
                          Thanks Starty. Plenty of interesting stuff to get into. Flying; building something; restoration of furniture, pictures; writing; education/study; volunteering; lots of things.

I reckon leafblowers are on an hourly rate!

Comment

Hey G Man, here's wishing you a great year, upward and onward!!

Comment

Originally posted by SatyamHair View Post
                              Hey G Man, here's wishing you a great year, upward and onward!!
                              Thanks buddy. I notice you're flogging IVF. I don't need that, but do you sell any hair enhancement products? Spray on hair, toupe's that sort of thing?

Comment

Hey G,finding zest has been hard for me,I used to like live bands I don't trust myself in the situation, I used to like the mall,now people bug me,I used to like to gamble,that's just a huge unhealthy no-no anyways! I guess now I take pleasure in my exercise, time with Lou,new recipes and my half-assed garden haha,gotta look for more peaceful things to add on,very proud of you
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X