No announcement yet.

G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top of the sunday morning to you valued reader.

Day 154 but I aint one 4 counting. Easy sunday morning here. Rainy and cloudy. Gr8 running weather I reckon, so better get cracking. Band rehearsal later.

L8tr g8trs. Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I'm counting :eyes:

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
        I'm counting :eyes:
        Starty, hope those eyes have settled down. You'll take in tooooo much information. The meet up sounds fab and will be sure to be a nice boost!

Day 156 I think, but I sure ain't one for counting. Chillin here today. Reflecting on why I want to live sober and where I am going. Grateful for many things including hope and optimism. Didn't have a lot of that yesterday, but I know such thoughts are horse droppings and are not real. They also don't have to be real for me, nor do I have to act or dwell on them. Why? Because such thoughts don't serve me well.
        Last edited by Guitarista; January 25, 2016, 05:46 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Mr. G! Day 156!! WOW, You ROCK!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy::welld one::love:

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
            Mr. G! Day 156!! WOW, You ROCK!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy::welld one::love:
            Thanks Rusty, you rock too my friend! How are things?

Comment

Good on you Mr G. I also aint one for counting but I try to keep aware of my time in months or years.
              Nothing like a touch of reality to remind us of the advantages of being sober -I now have excellent liver function tests but over three years ago I was counting the years I might still have alive on this planet!

Comment

Mr.G-my secret lover....I am doing just GREAT!!:happy2: Life is really good. My business is just humming along...I love AF weekends....wow, do I ever accomplish a lot!!! I don't know where I ever found time to get totally trashed on a Sunday in the old days.

Are you still composing music, Mr. G? I know you're running...and commando, too...wow, do send me a video. :congratulatory: All the ladies on the Steppers' Thread would LOVE to see it, but of course, you will show it to ME first so I can have a private viewing, right???? (INSERT PICTURE OF POUNDING HEART HERE!). Hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by treetops View Post
                  Good on you Mr G. I also aint one for counting but I try to keep aware of my time in months or years.
                  Nothing like a touch of reality to remind us of the advantages of being sober -I now have excellent liver function tests but over three years ago I was counting the years I might still have alive on this planet!
                  Yes, good to hear TT. No issues with me according to a recent general blood test. Though i must go again and specify a 'any cancer/heart issues' test. No heart issues in the family thankfully, but seeing some mates keel over the last few years from heart attacks gives me further cause to get regular check ups. The increased cancer risk linked with drinking isn't well publicized either.

On that note, I'm sure i'll have a worry free run later thinking of all those stories ya hear of otherwise fit folks dropping dead during a workout. If I'm not back tomorrow, it's been a blast. :nutso:

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                    Mr.G-my secret lover....I am doing just GREAT!!:happy2: Life is really good. My business is just humming along...I love AF weekends....wow, do I ever accomplish a lot!!! I don't know where I ever found time to get totally trashed on a Sunday in the old days.

Are you still composing music, Mr. G? I know you're running...and commando, too...wow, do send me a video. :congratulatory: All the ladies on the Steppers' Thread would LOVE to see it, but of course, you will show it to ME first so I can have a private viewing, right???? (INSERT PICTURE OF POUNDING HEART HERE!). Hahaha.
                    Glad to hear you're doing gr8 my friend. Remove booze and really, anything is possible eh? Yep, still writing music and still commando. Isn't everybody? I'll post a new tune sometime soon and let u know. Wishing u a happy, healthy week ahead. X

Comment

Hi Tree....just wanted to say, "Congratulations on the great liver function test results!!" Whoo hoo! It feels so good not to have dread blood tests, doesn't it? I used to abstain for 3 days before my bloodwork was done and then I could say to my doctor, "see, I've cut WAY down on my drinking!!" UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....

Comment

Sorry, G, cross-post. Yes, please post your latest tunes when you get the chance. Um, haven't gone commando in a while..maybe some day, though. Hahaha

Comment

""I see it's real important to relax and push through the lows. Keep going and moving in your desired direction. Before we know it, we've come out the other end of the dark tunnel to the light a'smilin.""

Loved this in the Nest yesterday, G.. simple instructions work best for me right now!

Comment

Yup, keep moving forward...sorry I can't get the commando visual out of my head G...

Anyway, keep moving forward. Another good one is "you have to walk to path to make it" It means that to make a certain path you have to walk it over and over for it to become a path. Pretty simple.

I think about this often. When I am upset at something I think of how I want this situation to evolve. For example, if I am mad at hubby, I visualize my goal to have a loving, happy relationship so I try and respond to situations with that goal in mind.

Hope that makes sense.

Have a gooder.
                            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Thanks LC. Yep, keeping it as simple as I can sure works for me. Doing things I enjoy often and daily rather than useless stuff that doesn't serve me well.

Day 157 I believe, but who I say who except Starty is counting? All calm and good here. Enjoying engaging in another passion of mine at the minute. I can only play the same song for so long. Finding or resurrecting a passion. There are no limits really.

The resurrection is occurring. The revolution is here.

Have a bewdy out there and kick some ass.

Comment

Originally posted by narilly View Post
                                Yup, keep moving forward...sorry I can't get the commando visual out of my head G...

Anyway, keep moving forward. Another good one is "you have to walk to path to make it" It means that to make a certain path you have to walk it over and over for it to become a path. Pretty simple.

I think about this often. When I am upset at something I think of how I want this situation to evolve. For example, if I am mad at hubby, I visualize my goal to have a loving, happy relationship so I try and respond to situations with that goal in mind.

Hope that makes sense.

Have a gooder.
                                Yep, makes good sense Narilly.

Have you seen the latest Leo D'Caprio flick? Can't recall it's name (Revenant?) but the scenery is fab. Filmed in Alberta Canada and USA, but I assume much of it is filmed in snow country in Alberta? Stunning scenery.

Have a gooder.

Comment

Working...
                                X