G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starty View Post
    Mr G can I ask a question? When you fell off the wagon did any of your friends comment or were they pleased that you were drinking again? I am curious as to what others think when we change our standpoint with booze (as happens with me)
    No-one knew i fell off the wagon Starty because i drank only at home for a couple of days, as opposed to in all sorts of public scenarios. But all of my friends are very supportive of me and respect my choice not to drink. I don't need to say no twice. They get it, probably cause they are muso's too, or if not, have known of my history with booze to kind of understand. No pressure or judgments from friends. Even other pisshead muso's, and bartenders i meet for the first time at gigs don't push it, because i suppose they know many muso's/artists can have a problem. Most of them are actually in awe. lol. I would guess that most people i know are happy for me that i'm off the turps.

Is that answering your question my friend?
    Last edited by Guitarista; March 22, 2016, 01:05 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

That is great to hear Mr G. Yes it does answer and I guess for you it was a much more private experience if no one knew you were doing it. For me, it seems as if people are pleased when I drink which is difficult because it puts added pressure when I am not. Or maybe that pressure is just imagined for me. I remember when I was sober before it was such a natural thing just not to drink. I want that back and all the good stuff that goes with it.

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
        That is great to hear Mr G. Yes it does answer and I guess for you it was a much more private experience if no one knew you were doing it. For me, it seems as if people are pleased when I drink which is difficult because it puts added pressure when I am not. Or maybe that pressure is just imagined for me. I remember when I was sober before it was such a natural thing just not to drink. I want that back and all the good stuff that goes with it.
        The AL floodgates sure don't take long to open when we drink again. I believe abstinence is the only solution for me. :happy2: Have a gr8 day.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Starty, I seam to have the same experience as you. When I drank again people seamed to be glad. The ones that knew me as a drinker. That is probably in my head. But I don't know. Most of the people I know now didn't know me as as a drinker.. And aren't big drinkers to my knowledge. A lot of what I think people think is in my head. It is easier to just drink.. But the consequences can be dire. What is bio chemistry ? I think I am struggling with it tonight.
          AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Choices View Post
            Starty, I seam to have the same experience as you. When I drank again people seamed to be glad. The ones that knew me as a drinker. That is probably in my head. But I don't know. Most of the people I know now didn't know me as as a drinker.. And aren't big drinkers to my knowledge. A lot of what I think people think is in my head. It is easier to just drink.. But the consequences can be dire. What is bio chemistry ? I think I am struggling with it tonight.
            Hi Choices. By biochemistry i mean our body/brain internal chemicals/chemical balance. Dopamine levels and good mood/blue mood stuff. My internal chemistry goes out of whack when i drink. Soon enough if i keep drinking at my usual levels, my brain and body chemistry starts to look to AL as necessary fuel to function normally. There is science to support this. NS and others have links to solid info. This is where cravings come from and why.

Take care of yourself tonight.

Comment

Thanks for that G man. It makes since. I have a very good artist friend from home who I think has that kind of relationship with AL. Mine I think is different. I know I can't function on alcohol for sure.. It's more of an emotional desperation that gets me in trouble. But maybe that is my bio chemical pull. I am yeah.. shouldn't be on line.
              AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Well, i suppose booze has various sorts of impact on folk, but either way, if it is a problem in any way and it is consistently causing unhappiness, it has to go.

Comment

I agree.. it all makes since. I'll read more about it. It's like we are all snowflakes and snow.
                  AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Morning valued reader, from an overcast weather wise beach pad. But the sun is shining in my heart. Oh look, there's a butterfly.

Pushing on with regular morning meditation and noticed Ol Oprah and Deepak have weighed in with their free 21 day med. Worth a go.

Comment

Oprah & Chopra? Yep, it is fantastic. Check out The Urban Monk. Great stuff. Chicks???
                      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Top of the friday morning to you valued reader.

Yo Techie. There sure are chicks at yoga, and a cute one in a new work related training class i'm doing. She might be a bit fast for me though. Time will tell as the year unfolds.

Must be day 6 but i'm not one fo' countin.

Special shout out to my friends Jvo, Pauly, Lifechange, Jane and Lex. Hope you are all well.

May all bees be well and happy.

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                          Oprah & Chopra? Yep, it is fantastic. Check out The Urban Monk. Great stuff. Chicks???
                          Originally posted by Guitarista View Post

Yo Techie. There sure are chicks at yoga, and a cute one in a new work related training class i'm doing. She might be a bit fast for me though. Time will tell as the year unfolds.

BEHAVE you two ........ :black:

Comment

Satz, love Jake and Elwood characters!
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Techie: we've got a full tank of gas, half pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. G-Man: Hit it...CHICKS!!!
                              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

lol.

Well, slightly action packed day here. Saw a Doc for referral to addiction counsellor. Geez, he was pretty impressive. He took his time and took an interest. Younger fella than me and savvy. He also knew a bit about addiction and alcohol med options. No prejudice/judgement here at all! He went through my whole history really, then asked if there was anything else we could work on. So next time it's the basics. Blood test, then further checks to see if there's any potential cancer and heart disease around, which are probably the 2 big health issues for blokes approaching middle age. In the meantime, ETA 3-4 weeks till counselling session.

A run and swim at the beach, and some chicks who i'm sure were looking at me, alas only to discover they were gawking at the 2 young blokes behind me :belchha:.......Yeehaw!
                                Last edited by Guitarista; April 1, 2016, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X