G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning y'all from a cool calm Oz.

Rags is indeed an adventurous spirit, Spirit.

Lunch with me mum today. Noice. All good here. Loving the sober life. I think i need some yoga!

Take it easy out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Way to go on your 30+ Mr G
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning Spirit,
        Mighty Red, Roma and cherry tomatoes.
        Also managed to get some cucmbers which I've pickled...
        I take it you're a bit of a gardener?
        You orta see my compost heap, briming with worms!
        Oh, and the citrus are not doing well. I have 2 finger limes (citrus australasica)
        which are a magnificent lime and extraordinarily expensive to buy... if you can buy them.They have been stripped bare by something
        which has not touched the kaffir lime growing next to them. And my my lemon and orange trees
        have had a few flowers but not borne any fruit. Weird.
        Hmmm, maybe I should start a gardening thread.
        Last edited by Rags; February 2, 2015, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Morning Mr G.
          Morning KT.

Comment

Hiya Raggsy, bed time for me, love hearing about your gardening though. It's -4 here now so very bare in the veg patch, all I have growing is kale, sprouts and winter onions. Nite.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hi all,

Had a week of wrk. First day bck my head was all over the place, not sure wot tht was all abt. Felt like being of balance (confused).
              It feels good to be sober i can trust myself.
              Off to bed i go :-) Take care all & enjoy
              Formerly known as Teardrop:l
              sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
              my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Hi G -just checking for a check in.
                SF

Comment

The best of the best of good friday mornings to all from a beautiful sunny Oz.

An email ad i opened looked to say.....'G, your 48 hours of cravings begins now!' It read savings. :harhar:

Off to lunch for nephews birthday with brother and mum. Will be nice.

An absolutely maaagnificent run yesterday along the beach. I kept bumping into a purple clad woman at various water stops along the way. Smiles and waves were exchanged as she took off ahead. Which trail did she take? Where had my true love gone? Then i caught a glimpse of her on the track hugging the sea, her purple water and sweat covered figure glistening in the afternoon sun. I stopped for some water, then resumed my run with an extra spring in me step. Where oh where was my new love? Alas, she had disappeared into a park full of picnic goers never to return. :sad:

Some great summer weather here at last which looks like it'll last through the weekend. Yeaah!

Take it easy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Top of the morning to ya.

Day 40 but who's counting. Geez i feel and look so much betterer. That crazy old dream of a modelling career on the catwalk might not be so crazy after all. :applouse:

Take it easy and think positive. No more room for thoughts that will do me harm. I can let them coast through my mind like clouds in the breeze. I am not my negative thoughts and i don't have to act on them, just detach. Simple eh? What a freeing idea.

L8tr fruity, Yo!

Comment

G - haven't checked in here in a while, but I'm glad I did. We are definitely more than our negative thoughts. Carry on. I love your attitude.

Rags - if you start a gardening thread, count me in. We are opposite each other in seasons, but that's okay. You grow citrus? I'm intrigued. I am currently living in the the Chicago area, so citrus is impossible. Maybe indoors. But finger limes? I'm not sure I know what I'm missing. Can I get these locally?
                      Last edited by MossRose; February 6, 2015, 08:06 PM.
                      Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Good to see you Mossy. Thanks.

Rags is also an excellent chef!

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
                          Good morning Spirit,
                          Mighty Red, Roma and cherry tomatoes.
                          Also managed to get some cucmbers which I've pickled...
                          I take it you're a bit of a gardener?
                          You orta see my compost heap, briming with worms!
                          Oh, and the citrus are not doing well. I have 2 finger limes (citrus australasica)
                          which are a magnificent lime and extraordinarily expensive to buy... if you can buy them.They have been stripped bare by something
                          which has not touched the kaffir lime growing next to them. And my my lemon and orange trees
                          have had a few flowers but not borne any fruit. Weird.
                          Hmmm, maybe I should start a gardening thread.
                          Hey Rags, count me in on the gardening thread -good idea.

I was an avid gardener (vegetables/fruits) and a so called cattle farmer a few years ago. I use to thrive on growing: Tomatoes, Pole Beans, Cucumbers, Okra and Squash. As I write this, I am thinking that this spring might just be a good time for me to get back to the garden. Looking back, I remember how amazed I was in planting a seed and then watching a plant grow and yield food for me and others to eat. Amazing how reading a thread on the internet can actually inspire me to go back to doing something I use to love doing.

And G -congrats on your 40 -but who is counting. And your purple running mate recap sounds like the start of a great novel.

Till then -SF

Comment

Thanks SF and good morning y'all from the beach pad.

Cooler weather here today but more blue sky's approaching. Off for a bit of gym, an easy run, then a huge annual local free music festival just down the road. Should be chicks.

Take it easy out there. I tells yis, it's just damn fine to be sober. Reading the threads around here really helps strengthen my resolve in what i consider still early AF days for me.

I sure appreciate everyone who posts here. Thanks y'all.

Comment

Hello everyone,
                              Sorry I haven't been on air over the last few days.
                              Went to a sad little funeral on Friday... only ten people arttended including Mr Rags and me.
                              We went back to the guys place after the service as he was a bit of an emotional mess.
                              Stayed for a while then popped over yesterday with a KFC dinner pack just in case he wasn't eating.
                              I should've cooked something but he is a heavy drinker and seldom eats. When he does eat it is usually meat only.
                              We only know him more or less by default.

Well, it looks like I might just start a green thumbs thread, and bung in the occassional recipe.

So, off I goes to start a thread. See you over there.

Comment

Mr G,
                                wasnt yesty a scorcher! 34° at Berry and 31° at Wollongong./
                                To-day, rain.

What happened to Bridgey? I thort she wuz yer wun troo lurve.

Comment

Working...
                                X