Rags is also an excellent chef!
    Aw shucks,
    Thank you Mr. G.

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
      Mr G,
      wasnt yesty a scorcher! 34° at Berry and 31° at Wollongong./
      To-day, rain.

What happened to Bridgey? I thort she wuz yer wun troo lurve.
      Hi Rags. Ah, she's just playing hard to get. I've seen this kind of routine before from many a starlet here, and in the innashnal arena. I'm not too concerned at this juncture.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Top of the wednesday evening to y'all,

An absolutely maaagnificent run and long swim in the sea today. Good to be out and about underwater exchanging nods/waves with the occasional critter. Feeling pretty chilled and happy within. Noice after waking up in an unexplained funk this morning.

Some cool stuff ahead still this week.

Take it easy out there. Think positive.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Some really good interviews here. Unfortunately the site says the link expires thursday 12th feb sometime. Some yaps on yoga, mindfulness, trauma in relation to addiction. Anyway, the main dudes name is Tommy Rosen, an American bloke who works in the 'recovery' movement.

Comment

Hi G -while you and Rags are "scorching", we here in the SE/NE USA are freezing our arse's off. Man on man, you mention running along the beach and swimming with the critters. What a good thought for me while I sit here typing and freezing my gonads off. I say this every year, and I will say it again; "I will never complain about hot weather again." (Until July/August)

SF
            Last edited by Spiritfree; February 13, 2015, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Good sunday morning to y'all,

Working today. With people in a community health setting. Always interesting, challenging and enriching. Still, it will be nice when in around another 9 hours time i'll be finished for the day and then the week ahead to myself.

I make sure i dive into the bay here during wintertime Spirirt. It's too cold to swim without a wetsuit, but a quick dip is real enlivening as you could imagine. I'm becoming one of those hardcore older folks you see out in the surf and running in all sorts of weather, lol. Diving into the freezing winter sea was once a world away for me, and a strange one, until i moved bayside and found myself doing just that! Now i love it.

Take it easy out there everyone. Have a bewdy.

Comment

Hi, G:

In San Francisco they have the Polar Bear club - a bunch of "older" folks who swim in the Bay regularly (b/w 55 and 60 F usually). Bracing to say the least.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Pav

Comment

Originally posted by Pavati View Post
                  Hi, G:

In San Francisco they have the Polar Bear club - a bunch of "older" folks who swim in the Bay regularly (b/w 55 and 60 F usually). Bracing to say the least.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Pav
                  Hiya Pavi and all,

Yes, same groups of folk here. The 'Icebergs' is one name.

Monday morning here and a nice sleep had after a busy working weekend. It's good to be sober. Keeping it simple here.

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Hiya Pavi, Up in Sydney they have the "Bondi Icebergs", usually older people who swim in the beach baths in the middle of winter.

Comment

Good morning y'all from the beach pad.

Well shazaym shazaym! It's day 50. Rawkin it baby.

Had one of those long deep sleeps that the body obviously needed. Gig tonight. Noice!

Gym, bag, beach run then a bit of TLC to my girlfriends (guitars). Take it easy out there.

Comment

Keep on keeping on with tha inspirations G. Congrats on 50 -but who is counting? I can't help but wonder if u r counting the great days u r having af. But we all know it "ain't" easy every day, but it beats the hell out of the former life.

Take an ice swim and see ya in the am. SF

Comment

Yo Spirit and y'all,

Most days are absolute bewdy's lately mate, which i'm grateful for. Directly corelated to not boozing at all.

No gig last night as the power went out on the block just as we were about to play, then came back on about an hour later. Unfortunately the gig/band time slots were on a tight time schedule as it was being filmed and streamed around the world, so we didn't play. But i think we're on again soon to make up for it. Anyway, met some chicks so not a total waste of time!

Off into the day. Have a bewdy out there. Take it easy.

Comment

Good on you G! I thought about you this morning when I woke up full of the joy of summer and vascillated between getting up to do some yoga and turning over and going back to sleep! "What would G do?" I asked myself!! Unfortunately I ignored your fine example and woke up 90 minutes later with a fuzzy head and late for work.

New motto: Carpe Diem!!
                            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Behaving View Post
                              Good on you G! I thought about you this morning when I woke up full of the joy of summer and vascillated between getting up to do some yoga and turning over and going back to sleep! "What would G do?" I asked myself!! Unfortunately I ignored your fine example and woke up 90 minutes later with a fuzzy head and late for work.

New motto: Carpe Diem!!
                              Lol Missy! Well, my schedule is probably much much less busy than yours so i can afford sleep in's and rest when i need it. Yoga is something i am really starting to zero in on. I've just done a half baked version of the 'sun salutation' but feel better for it. I see in my stars that i will take a yoga teaching course and offer free classes for all, along with free boxing and of course music. The link between body and mind, and moving/nourishing both is a basic foundation/launch pad for freedom from any chains holding us down i reckon. It's possible as long as i remain having enough time and freedom to chill and make my own music. I see yoga as a natural and effective way to take meditation and mindfulness to our body for increased harmony within.

Have a beaut day.

Comment

Top of the thursday morning to all!

I began the day with a short meditation then some basic yoga. Here's a link to some back strengthening/stretching poses. https://yogainternational.com/articl...gthen-the-back

They worked a treat i tell's ya's. I can run kilometre after K for a couple of hours with no worries, but when i walk for about 2 k's my lower back becomes very stiff and i need to stop and stretch it out. This has been pissing me off for a few years now, so i'm looking to address it. I suspect yoga is either the answer or at least a good start. The above video has a back stretching focus and i felt good after doing the poses. Very simple stuff and i highly recommend folks here get some daily yoga practice in as part of your healing. Why? Because it's meditative and it is self care. Breathe. Lot's of free stuff on you tube, or books at a library, 2nd hand shop.

Day 52 but who's counting. Some warmer weather expected here the next few days so looking forward to some sunshine and the wide open parks nearby to run in followed by a refreshing, spiritually enlivening swim in the bay.

Special shout out to my buddy Ava. Hope you're good.

Take it easy y'all.

Comment

Working...
                                X